MJ ranked 6th in 2009's Most Influential Men

ladyinhislife

Proud Member
AskMen's 49 Most Influential Men of 2009

posted by AskMen.com - Tue Oct 6 2009, 4:18 AM PDT
celebs: Michael Jackson | Roger Federer | George Clooney | Brad Pitt | Simon Cowell | Barack Obama | Ashton Kutcher

"Mad Men's" Don Draper tops AskMen's list of the 49 Most Influential Men of 2009. AMC The man topping AskMen's list of the 49 Most Influential Men of 2009 has all the qualities an iconic male personality should possess: He's compelling, distinctive, a commanding persona, and a manipulator of larger trends. So does it matter at all whether or not he actually exists?

After over 500,000 votes were cast by AskMen.com readers, "Mad Men's" Don Draper landed the No. 1 spot on the websites list of the 49 Most Influential Men of 2009, beating out Usain Bolt and Barack Obama, who came in second and third, respectively.

AskMen.com's Top 10 Most Influential Men of 2009 are:

1. Don Draper

2. Usain Bolt

3. Barack Obama

4. Mark Zuckerberg

5. Simon Cowell

6. Michael Jackson

7. Steve Jobs

8. Roger Federer

9. Peyton Manning

10. Dana White

Source:

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/a-line/askmens-49-most-influential-men-of-2009/281?nc

for the full list:
http://www.askmen.com/specials/top_49_men/

indeed, but we need to get MJ higher if we could. I guess he proved, by dying unfortunately, how influential he really is.
We're up against fictional characters (Don Draper) - I don't think this is a poll worth bothering too much about.

Simon Cowell more influential than MJ? I don't think so.

I know seriously? Simon Cowell? Is anybody going to remember his name 50 years from now who wasn't old enough to have seen his show? When it comes to entertainment MJ has got to be # 1

but for influencing society or the world what about Abe Lincoln, Einstein, Jefferson, Bill Gates, etc. I mean Abe ended slavery. without that kind of influence MJ would have been a slave or the U.S. might not even exist anymore. einstein gave us nuclear power which is powering all of our computers at this moment. Jefferson wrote the constitution. Gates gave us windows, which led to our whole internet and everything.

And Obama? I love the guy, but it's a little early in his presidency to to put him on that list. We have to wait and see just how influential he turns out to be.

Strange list. scratch that. stupid list

Last edited:
PLeasseeee simon cowell makes me wanna :puke:

Mj should be #1 baby!

Hi just Voted it is a strange List except for MJ of course.

This was the poll after I voted

How would you rank

Michael Jackson?

Higher
46%
Lower
40%
Appropriate Rank
14%
Number of votes: 3420

Susannah xx

Weirdly enough, I only know Mike, Obama and Simon from tha list.

This is either I'm out of loop with current events or they are not just influential or known in my country.... Hmmm..... BTW, Whoever voted for Simon, you guys suck! =p

Simon Cowell more influential than MJ? I don't think so.

LMAO :hysterical: How can a man that was known only like 8-9 years ago become more influential that MICHAEL(WHO has been Spreading Love and peace in this world for the past 45 years)
And Obama 3rd? b4 Mike? If it wasn't 4 Mike or Martin Luther, Obama would not be here...
I wanna know what they were on when they made this list!

Wait, so a fictional womanizer (he is a womanizer, isn't he?) is the most influential man of the year? And the first black president in the history of the United States is number 3? And some British guy who built his reputation on being an asshole to people is before Michael Jackson?

Yeeaahhh...I'm not too worried about this, haha. If it was from Time or some other major publication I'd be all kinds of mad...but eh.

Actually, this is just kind of hilarious.

F*ck Obama!!!

MJ's done a sh*tload more for the United States & the WORLD than that P.O.S. President who only knows how to make speeches & smile when the camera's hitting him.

LMAO :hysterical: How can a man that was known only like 8-9 years ago become more influential that MICHAEL(WHO has been Spreading Love and peace in this world for the past 45 years)
And Obama 3rd? b4 Mike? If it wasn't 4 Mike or Martin Luther, Obama would not be here...
I wanna know what they were on when they made this list!

Can someone please explain how Simon Cowell is more influencial then Michael?

F*ck Obama!!!

MJ's done a sh*tload more for the United States & the WORLD than that P.O.S. President who only knows how to make speeches & smile when the camera's hitting him.

w7d98p.jpg

Can someone please explain how Simon Cowell is more influencial then Michael?

I sure can't. Or a womanizing fictional character. Still scratching my head on those ones.

but for influencing society or the world what about Abe Lincoln, Einstein, Jefferson, Bill Gates, etc. I mean Abe ended slavery. without that kind of influence MJ would have been a slave or the U.S. might not even exist anymore. einstein gave us nuclear power which is powering all of our computers at this moment. Jefferson wrote the constitution. Gates gave us windows, which led to our whole internet and everything.

It's a list of most influential men of the year 2009.

It's a list of most influential men of the year 2009.

Thank you!!!

People please, don't waste your anger on this list. :) It represents 2009. Some people will be a flash in the pan. We know MJ trumps Simon Cowell in history (and personality for that matter haha). It's silly to even waste energy over. Although, even if you dont agree with Obama's policies, he's influential to a huge degree - can't deny that.

MJ would have been No.1 in 2010, fact, MJ's impact is always huge, hence the reason he is 6th in this list for just popping over to London to annouce concerts.

Simon Cowell.......and Usain Bolt is #2????
hmmm........:scratch:

Back