MJ ONE celebrates APWNN!

How dare they use MJ's music to co promote another MJ related project... oh wait.. never mind. gotta love MJ fans love of drama though.

Use of remix/new version could be due to their attempt to chart the song. streaming of both videos will count towards the same version of the song.

and when did the new versions became not MJ's music? Just because they changed the packaging it doesn't mean it's not mj's music imo.

Totally changing the production isn't just "changing packaging". I'm not against Xscape but let's be real. The new versions are remixes and not MJ's music the same way as the originals are.

They are not remixes, they are album versions. Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwfuxJGrAO8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-DyQ268AFs

That was finished song but MJ and Teddy Riley decided to contemporize it. Because MJ & Bill Bottrell's version was not "current enough".

Maybe MJ did not create any part of the new instrumentation but MJ vocals guided (influenced) StarGate to create new instrumentation around those vocals. And it's not just the vocals, it's the melody, it's the song (not instrumentation and not production) that is the same.

Sorry, but to compare it to Dangerous is a very weak analogue. While Dangerous was changed it was still Michael's vision of what he wanted from the song and how he was satisfied with it. You cannot say about these new versions. I'm not saying one cannot like them but I think anyone who says they are as much Michael's songs as the ones he released in his life deludes himself.

I think anyone who says they are as much Michael's songs as the ones he released in his life deludes himself.

I never said that. I said:
1. Those songs ARE still MJ's music
2. Those songs are NOT remixes

Posthumous releases and posthumous songs should be considered for what they are and should not be compared with songs MJ finished and released himself.

Posthumous releases and posthumous songs should be considered for what they are and should not be compared with songs MJ finished and released himself.

But they ARE remixes. To act like they aren't just because they get a stamp as "official" is a delusion IMO. They got that stamp from MJ's Estate (lawyers) and not from the artist himself.

But they ARE remixes. To act like they aren't just because they get a stamp as "official" is a delusion IMO. They got that stamp from MJ's Estate (lawyers) and not from the artist himself.

Posthumous albums are not albums that artist himself finished and released. Posthumous album is not real studio album. With that said I don't consider MICHAEL & Xscape as Michael Jackson's studio albums but as Michael Jackson's posthumous albums of previously unreleased tracks and tracks on those albums are album tracks from those albums and not remixes.

It's hard to explain. MJ is not here to complete these songs and to release them himself. So this is the next best thing after real studio album with new songs. That was their goal and I understand that. They weren't trying to make remixes, they were trying to make Michael Jackson's new album. If they wanted a remix album they could have sign Afrojack, David Morales, Fedde Le Grand, Nero & Audien to make house compilation, but instead they invited Timbaland, StarGate and Rodney Jerkins (producers MJ knew, worked with them or wanted to work with them; R'n'B and Pop producers!) to create something MJ MIGHT have released in 2014 if he wasn't killed by Murray.

If we have to be completely correct, it's America's music. lol

Anyway, I didn't expected a video of the original simply because it's a demo, it has no bridge, it's clearly unfinished.

Contemporized is a marketing term. It is a synonym for remix.

Way to much over analizing over this. They did a fine job with this. If we keep complaining about everything it makes us Mj fans look ungrateful and a bit selfish. Perfection was Mj he is not here anymore. It will never be the same again. I for one am grateful for there efforts and look forward to future project." This is the place that you choose to be". Enjoy and celebrate the man and his music.

This is hilarious really, most all the posters that don't like the video never really liked Xscape in the first place. So why even argue with them when they have never liked anything from this project from the beginning. It is fruitless.

I believe it is good promotion for the current single which is the whole point and also promotion for 'One" which is all part of Michael Jackson and his legacy. And IMHO it is MJ's music, Stargate just updated the song for 2014, and guess what I love both versions and play them all the time as I love both versions of the video. :cheeky:

Way to much over analizing over this. They did a fine job with this. If we keep complaining about everything it makes us Mj fans look ungrateful and a bit selfish. Perfection was Mj he is not here anymore. It will never be the same again. I for one am grateful for there efforts and look forward to future project." This is the place that you choose to be". Enjoy and celebrate the man and his music.

Yes Yes and Yes! I am sooo tired of some of these fans always and I mean always nitpicking over EVERYTHING! The man is gone, there is so much they can do. They've made a great effort to promote this project. They've obviously listened to the fans over and over again. Now we have physical singles for both releases. That is very rare if you didn't know that by now. I am grateful.

This is hilarious really, most all the posters that don't like the video never really liked Xscape in the first place. So why even argue with them when they have never liked anything from this project from the beginning. It is fruitless.

You can't speak for all the fans and you're wrong. Haven't you seen my avatar? I supported Xscape and I even enjoyed listening some of the updated versions as much as the original ones, including Stargate's version of APWNN. Even though I was thankful for the unreleased footage of Michael, both videos were uninspiring but I enjoyed a little more the first version. And calling the 2014 versions Michael's music is delusional, his music are the originals no matter if they were in a demo stage, he worked on them.

why is everyone here using the word "disrespectful"?
It's not disrespectful. Wtf?
They just used the intro for the original and switched it. Big whoop.

The contemporized version isn't Michael's music. He had nothing to do with the creation of it. Only the vocals are Michael's in that version, in my opinion of course.

Yeah, but they have an album out now to promote with new versions.

Wooow sometimes I look at stuff and wonder WHAT the heck other fans are seeing Lololol

I actually liked that video much much much more than the official video for APWNN. It was WAY more interesting visually, it KEPT all of MJ's lyrics in it, and it followed the story.

I TOTALLY did not interpret the beginning as disrespect, I felt it was paying HOMAGE to the original. The SINGLE that's out right now is the remixed version so they probably decided to do the whole video on that version for that reason, but as a nod, they added the beginning in there as if to say 'hey, theres an original version too' - in a very cool way too with the guy just chillin, playing his guitar.

I love the different ethnic attires of the mysterious women in the desert.

Very well done!

:agree: I'm surprised that you had to explain that simple FACT. I guess some people would rather curse the darkness than light a candle. . . :hysterical:

That is an entertainment as it should be. Talented people are doing their job! That is a beautiful video.

I’m a little surprised what argument people say to add more criticism to the song\video – it is not Michael’s … Thank you for that reminder.

Sometimes I think that the executors need to stop to try to create ANYTHING for MJ and his kids to let some fans live in peace without so much negativity in their lives!

Next 5 or 10 years of silence would be perfect for some.

I really enjoyed the MJ One Dancers video and the storyline/dream .. The desert setting was very cool. I also like how its starts out with the original version of APWNN with the guitar , then turns into Stargates contemporized dance version when the lead actor sees the casting call for dancers. Great lead in and cool how they did that IMO .. They certainly are not going to dance to the demo version. Stargate did a good job contemporizing the original (which I also love very much) with some great beats ... The MJ ONE dancers did a great job and were very entertaining. They look like they had a lot of fun with this . I'm sad that some fans cant seem to enjoy the posthumous releases, that must be a bummer for you ... Myself I'm very happy and appreciate.

[video=youtube_share;-93sDExA5gk]http://youtu.be/-93sDExA5gk[/video]

"A PLACE WITH NO NAME”, dancers from Michael Jackson ONE celebrate the release of the second single from Michael’s album, XSCAPE. Michael Jackson ONE is a permanent show at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas so be sure and catch a performance of the show on your next visit to Las Vegas and pick up your copy of XSCAPE which, in addition to being currently available through all normal channels, is also available at the Michael Jackson ONE Boutique, adjacent to the theater.

Last edited:
I thought this video from MJ1 staff was nicely tied with MJ1 in LV Mandalay Bay, and most certainly I didn't take it as official video nor something Michael would have done :cheeky:

As she took me right through the fog
I see a beautiful city appear
Where kids are playin' and people are laughin' and smiling and
No one's in fear

She said this is the place where no people have pain
And in love and happiness
She turned around looked down at my eyes and started cryin'
She grabbed my hand, you got a friend

MJ1 @ Mandalay Bay is that happy place and MJ1 show filled with love and happiness.

I think it is plain old ridiculous from fans to criticise this video when it is clearly done by dancers from MJ1 to support MJ1 in LV. What is so hard to understand what they have done?

Last edited:
Comments are disabled for the video. o_O

I bet those 179 people who gave thumbs down to it, no comments must be killing them as they cannot air their thoughts of how disrespectful it is for MJ, how MJ never would have done something like that, it is not MJ's song and so on:cheeky:

Positive article by ****** *******:

http://www.*************.com/michael-jackson-one-apwnn-video/

Edit

Roger Friedman

This is disgusting, very sad, pathetic and little scary to me that D.a.m.i.e.n S.h.i.e.l.d.s' (a fan, fighter against fake songs, a lot of times credible source, the guy who wrote some brilliant articles about unreleased MJ songs...) name is banned here, but the name of one of the biggest scums on the face of the Earth, one of the biggest MJ haters in the world, a liar, the guy who was paid to lie about fake songs... his name is not banned here on MJ forum???

UNBELIEAVABLE!!!

I say to whoever did this, unban Damiens's name (the only thing he ever did wrong was to often write his own opinions as facts - like that Xscape 2.0 article - but that's nothing compared to what Roger Friedman wrote) or ban Roger "the Cascio lover"'s name!

Last edited:
The project was not commissioned by Sony Music or The Estate of Michael Jackson, therefore was done without a budget. Essentially it’s a labour of love on the part of the Cirque show’s cast, who did everything on their own.

Cirque du Soleil’s ‘Michael Jackson ONE’ cast celebrates King of Pop with new “A Place With No Name” video

The cast of Cirque du Soleil’s ‘Michael Jackson ONE’ celebrates King of Pop today with the release of their “A Place With No Name” video tribute via the official Michael Jackson VEVO account.
The video was directed by MJ ONE performer and life-long Jackson fan Kany Diabaté, who worked together assistant director Ceraldo Moreau and script co-writer Cassandra Strickland. Cirque du Soleil photographer and videographer Aaron Felske served as director of photography on the project with Lexflow Unity contributing editing and effects and Malik “Skitzo” Williams starring as the lead in the clip.

The goal was to create a storyline within the video, as Jackson often did, with a beginning, a middle and an end. Although the Las Vegas landscapes don’t provide the perfect setting to literally interpret the grass, flowers and trees depicted in the song’s lyrics, Diabaté has still done an honorable job at carving out a storyline that is both entertaining and makes sense.

The project was not commissioned by Sony Music or The Estate of Michael Jackson, therefore was done without a budget. Essentially it’s a labour of love on the part of the Cirque show’s cast, who did everything on their own. The video was filmed over the course of two weeks in June 2014 at several locations across Vegas including an abandoned Ghost Town gas station, open desert, The Strip and Mandalay Bay foyer and theatre – the home of Michael Jackson ONE – in the cast’s spare time between shows.

“I can’t even express what i feel right now,” said director Diabaté in a Facebook status today after the video went live around the world. “I always wanted to find a way to express my gratitude to MJ for bringing so much in my life, so this is for you. I hope you watch it somehow, somewhere!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-93sDExA5gk

Last edited:
^ “labour of love”… Thank you for this article!

I’m glad that comments are disabled for this video. It would be awful to read critics about it there.

Edit: People are getting crazy, LOL… I’ve read comments on the official APWNN video how not good is MJ One video.

Last edited:
OnirMJ;4039489 said:
Positive article by ****** *******:

http://www.*************.com/michael-jackson-one-apwnn-video/

Edit

Roger Friedman

This is disgusting, very sad, pathetic and little scary to me that D.a.m.i.e.n S.h.i.e.l.d.s' (a fan, fighter against fake songs, a lot of times credible source, the guy who wrote some brilliant articles about unreleased MJ songs...) name is banned here, but the name of one of the biggest scums on the face of the Earth, one of the biggest MJ haters in the world, a liar, the guy who was paid to lie about fake songs... his name is not banned here on MJ forum???

UNBELIEAVABLE!!!

I say to whoever did this, unban Damiens's name (the only thing he ever did wrong was to often write his own opinions as facts - like that Xscape 2.0 article - but that's nothing compared to what Roger Friedman wrote) or ban Roger "the Cascio lover"'s name!

Truth.

qbee;4039491 said:
The project was not commissioned by Sony Music or The Estate of Michael Jackson, therefore was done without a budget. Essentially it’s a labour of love on the part of the Cirque show’s cast, who did everything on their own.

Jeep did not furnish the Jeep? Maybe someone in Cirque already owns the new model.

Last edited:
As a tribute video I like it very much!

Everything that helps promote MJ in a positive way is more than welcome IMO.

This is a great video, I may not see it again in many years - but many people will and hopefully most of them will like the video - and the song ! - Some might even like the song so much they will buy it from iTunes or wherever!

Thanks to MJ1 for this great tribute/celebration of love !

I like this video, but I liked the official music video better. I like how people criticized the official video because of the couple dancing in the desert, but this video had almost the exact same scene, just with more people and color. Both videos follow the same motif, and unfortunately don't do much to differentiate themselves from each other. But oh well..

Lol the guy actually presses the play button of the Original version in his phone but the new version starts playing in the video. :D
I don't think it is disrespecting the old version, they just used that part to fit the opening scene, in the desert and all with the guy lazily playing the guitar. I actually liked the choreography in this one.
Videos like these makes me want to get out and take up a course in animation. :D I wish I could bring out the images in my head I have for this song.
The comments are disabled for the video. The estate is definitely reading our threads. :bugeyed

Loved it too and see no disrespect there. I liked that they did some storyline in the beginning and would have wanted to see more about this one woman in the mist, but overall I thought it was fitting. It seems today's viewers want to see a lot of dancing.

Good that comments are disabled, because here we are trying to promote this album and you would have the first set of comments all negative and coming from the artist's own fans. It sort of defeats the whole purpose.

Back