MJ Mansion for Sale

Ashtanga

Proud Member
8/4/2010 11:35 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

The 17,171 square foot home on N. Carolwood Drive -- which includes 7 bedrooms, a 7-car garage, and 13 toilets -- was officially put up for sale on Monday ... with an asking price of $28,995,000.

Sources close to the estate tell TMZ that several MJ fans have already expressed interest -- possibly in an attempt to get a sneak peek inside -- but the owners have required all potential buyers to go through an "extensive pre-qualifying check" before they can even walk in the door.

Back in 2008, the property owner -- Ed Hardy CEO Hubert Guez -- tried selling the place for $38 million ... but when that didn't work out, he agreed to let MJ live in the home while he rehearsed for the "This Is It" tour.

According to RealEstalker.com, Guez had recently tried to rent out the property for $300,000 per month ... but ultimately decided he would try and get rid of it all together, with the discounted price tag.

So far, it's unclear if Guez is entertaining any serious offers.
http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/04/micha...olwood-death-propofol-dr-murray-holmby-hills/

This is too sad to even comment on. Even though I know it wasn't Neverland to him, still...it holds quite a bit of weight.... I can't even talk about this anymore...Moving to a different thread now.

I said this on twitter last night... I hope hes haunting the place, filling water balloons and dropping them on potential buyers.

TBQH that is the only reason people are looking into the place to start with. Not only fans but armature Ghost hunters trying to look for any signs of MJ at all. Some may be serious but most... well they are morbidly curious.

Wow, sad. :( I know it's just a building, but, you know.

I can't imagine how anyone would want to live there after what happened there :(

Was this Michael's Beverly Hills mansion?

I would really love a tour of the place, even if it's just to look at the interior and the shape of the walls... Hah.

This is just so sad. I wouldn't want to go near the place, its where Michael passed away, I wouldn't want to be twenty feet near the place.

This is just so sad. I wouldn't want to go near the place, its where Michael passed away, I wouldn't want to be twenty feet near the place.

He didn't pass away... he was murdered. Passing away means dieing of natural causes.

and ur right i wouldn't want to go there EVER.

He didn't pass away... he was murdered. Passing away means dieing of natural causes.

and ur right i wouldn't want to go there EVER.

Ginny you are right that is why I cannot understand anyone wanting to buy a home where someone was murdered so viciously. (Shudders)

This is sad..............but very creepy as well........

........I mean who buy a house knowing a person got murdered in it!!!!!!!!!

You're absolutely right. I hadn't thought of that when I wrote my previous post. I'm just fascinated with mansions. I wouldn't want to go in there either though, really.

I am not even going to bother going in to that site. I am crying now at the mere thought of anyone wanting to live there after what happen there. Especially if that person is a fan of Michael's. I can't even imagine living even a mile from that house. I will be crying probably every single second of the day. Knowing what house is a mile from me. Thankfully I live on the other side of the country from where that house is.

this is very sad....its more sad to think that Michael didnt have a proper "home" he could call his HOME.... he would have been so happy in Neverland if these people just let him be, to live his life.... Prince, Paris and Blanket would have been able to run around in the ranch and play hide and seek, and built tree huts.... its just not fare.

I didn't even read the article cause I'm mad that articles from TMZ are all over MJJC.

this is very sad....its more sad to think that Michael didnt have a proper "home" he could call his HOME.... he would have been so happy in Neverland if these people just let him be, to live his life.... Prince, Paris and Blanket would have been able to run around in the ranch and play hide and seek, and built tree huts.... its just not fare.

I so totally agree with you. It just makes me so angry and sick that there just so many evil people in the world. That had wanted to ruin Michael's life. I just hope they all burn in Hell for doing what they did.

Why on earth they are selling or trying to rent it? Isnt it just a little bit stupid?

Why on earth they are selling or trying to rent it? Isnt it just a little bit stupid?

??

Michael didn't own this home, unless the owner decided to turn the property into a "tourist" site, or just wrote it off, what other options are there? It was being rented per se by Michael and/or AEG (etal) for the duration of the LA rehearsal time. From an owner's standpoint, what other ideas wouldn't be a "bit stupid"?

Just honestly wondering-

this is just terrible..I dont know WHO would want to live were Michael Jackson was murdered...it is just heartbreaking to think that they are trying to sell it. It actually makes me sick to think someone would want to live there..:(

I remember now......... Christian Audigier was interested in this house. I remember that Ira Barbieri (who is Brazilian and is his wife) gave an interview to a Brazilian reporter last year and she said they wanted to stay with the house. Looks like they dropped the idea.

thats creepy...imagine someone living in the house mj was murdered in!

side note: Michael had some serious taste...that is one cracker of a house!!!

It would be creepy to live in a house where somebody else has died.

... but then again, my mom lives in one.

Think this from the owner's point of view: they are losing money with each passing day that the mansion is being kept empty so naturally they want to sell or rent it as soon as they've been given the green light to do so. I know I would. It's not stupid, it's called business.

Lots of people would live in a house where someone died or was even murdered :( if they aren't subjectively emotionally involved like a fan. They see the house predominately whereas we see what happened.

It's quite literally a mansion. They're loosing so much money on this place having someone not live in it. I've recently seen pictures of the pool, and believe me, from standing outside, you have NO idea how large it is.

I'm pretty sure Elizabeth Taylor lives a few houses down, I wonder if she's moved?

I went there July 2nd 2009 and the only thing I could see were the black gates at the front of the house, and around the side you could see a parking garage door, and a little bit of the house. Even standing in front of it made me break down when I was there, I can't imagine living in it. I sat across the street from the gates and cried. I got really sad energy from there, but granted, this only about a week after he died, so no one had any idea what was going on at that point. Luckily I had made friends with the security guard, so he let me get close to the gates and turned his eye away when I took pictures. I actually have a picture of him with my friend Leslie and I standing beside him. His name was Chris. We went to L.A under some odd circumstances, so when he found out we were sleeping in our car, he actually gave us his email and offered his place. I think he had a crush on our friend Rachel though. Ha-ha.

Back