MJ: Either Love him or Hate him.....

ArabianGirl~AllTheTime

Proud Member
I want to see if you guys feel the same way about this that I do. I feel like you either love or hate the man. Before June 25th 2009, I was an MJ fan, but not nearly as much as I am today. I knew all the music and the videos and knew MJ the person very well. It's not that I wasn't a fan, but I just wasn't as dedicated as I am today. Ever since that day, I feel like this whole is inside of me, and I am trying to fill it as much as I can, and I cant seem to let go. I cant listen to anyone else or watch anyone else. Maybe that's my way of making sure he stays with me forever, but seriously NOTHING else compares anyway so why even bother listening to that crap? Since that day is approaching again, I am now seeing everyone get into the MJ frenzy once again. And it is really pissing me off!!! It's not like a holiday or something that should be celebrated once a year, on a specific day. I feel that you cant be an MJ fan without being 110% in. You either LOVE the man, with no exceptions or you just dont. To be an MJ fan, you have to understand and respect MJ, if not then I dont think a person would be considered to be a fan. Do you guys know what I'm saying? You cant say "O ya I love Thriller, Beat It, and Billie Jean" and be like "What is Stranger in Moscow" or anything else past the Thriller album. I hate when someone gets in my car, and finds only MJ music and says "MJ is the man, theres no one better than him, I love his music..." and then just plays those 3 songs and MAYBE Smooth Criminal if I'm lucky! haha!! It's like ya, you're a huge fan! :doh: then flips through other songs and asks when "Threatened" came out. I'm sorry but it's really getting to me now, people are again putting their pretend faces on and becoming 24 hour fans. And this is my fav "I used to be an MJ fan, but people made it uncool last year with all the obsession, I dont like him anymore"

Last edited:
I think there can be an in between. I have a friend who was bawling like a baby when MJ died. She felt like he was her brother. She knew when all of his projects came out. And she can sing every song. But she still thinks MJ hated his race and purposely bleached his skin. She also thinks he was possibly a pathological liar. When she started telling me this stuff, I could not believe it. but she considers herself one of his biggest fans.
I guess what I am saying is that because of diffferences in experiences, we all experience things in different ways. You can relate very heavily to one aspect of Mj and not to another part.
Many fans also feel like Timberlake and feel they can love his works and not really care for the man himself. For many there is a huge separation between MJ's music and who he is and what he does. For others, they feel that who he is and what he does is part of his music and so must be taken as a whole. I still think both are fans. Just different types.

Last edited:
I think there can be an in between, i think you can like a persons music or work and not care for the person that they are. My problem comes with disrespect of the person.

Last edited:
There can be an inbetween and I know a few of them personally. Its when it becomes disrespectful when it causes problems though which tends to frustrate me. I know people that adore his music and found Michael a bit too much and when they start saying stuff that is blatantly untrue that's when it annoys the hell out of me and I want to scream at them. But yes, there can be an inbetween.

I think there can be an in between. I have a friend who was bawling like a baby when MJ died. She felt like he was her brother. She knew when all of his projects came out. And she can sing every song. But she still thinks MJ hated his race and purposely bleached his skin. She also thinks he was possibly a pathological liar. When she started telling me this stuff, I could not believe it. but she considers herself one of his biggest fans.
I guess what I am saying is that because of diffferences in experiences, we all experience things in different ways. You can relate very heavily to one aspect of Mj and not to another part.
Many fans also feel like Timberlake and feel they can love his works and not really care for the man himself. For many there is a huge separation between MJ's music and who he is and what he does. For others, they feel that who he is and what he does is part of his music and so must be taken as a whole. I still think both are fans. Just different types.

When did he say that? We're talking Justin right?

Since that day is approaching again, I am now seeing everyone get into the MJ frenzy once again. And it is really pissing me off!!! It's not like a holiday or something that should be celebrated once a year, on a specific day. I feel that you cant be an MJ fan without being 110% in. You either LOVE the man, with no exceptions or you just dont. To be an MJ fan, you have to understand and respect MJ, if not then I dont think a person would be considered to be a fan. Do you guys know what I'm saying? You cant say "O ya I love Thriller, Beat It, and Billie Jean" and be like "What is Stranger in Moscow" or anything else past the Thriller album. I hate when someone gets in my car, and finds only MJ music and says "MJ is the man, theres no one better than him, I love his music..." and then just plays those 3 songs and MAYBE Smooth Criminal if I'm lucky! haha!! It's like ya, you're a huge fan! :doh: then flips through other songs and asks when "Threatened" came out. I'm sorry but it's really getting to me now, people are again putting their pretend faces on and becoming 24 hour fans. And this is my fav "I used to be an MJ fan, but people made it uncool last year with all the obsession, I dont like him anymore"

I want to see if you guys feel the same way about this that I do. I feel like you either love or hate the man. Before June 25th 2009, I was an MJ fan, but not nearly as much as I am today. I knew all the music and the videos and knew MJ the person very well. It's not that I wasn't a fan, but I just wasn't as dedicated as I am today. Ever since that day, I feel like this whole is inside of me, and I am trying to fill it as much as I can, and I cant seem to let go. I cant listen to anyone else or watch anyone else. Maybe that's my way of making sure he stays with me forever, but seriously NOTHING else compares anyway so why even bother listening to that crap? Since that day is approaching again, I am now seeing everyone get into the MJ frenzy once again. And it is really pissing me off!!! It's not like a holiday or something that should be celebrated once a year, on a specific day. I feel that you cant be an MJ fan without being 110% in. You either LOVE the man, with no exceptions or you just dont. To be an MJ fan, you have to understand and respect MJ, if not then I dont think a person would be considered to be a fan. Do you guys know what I'm saying? You cant say "O ya I love Thriller, Beat It, and Billie Jean" and be like "What is Stranger in Moscow" or anything else past the Thriller album. I hate when someone gets in my car, and finds only MJ music and says "MJ is the man, theres no one better than him, I love his music..." and then just plays those 3 songs and MAYBE Smooth Criminal if I'm lucky! haha!! It's like ya, you're a huge fan! :doh: then flips through other songs and asks when "Threatened" came out. I'm sorry but it's really getting to me now, people are again putting their pretend faces on and becoming 24 hour fans. And this is my fav "I used to be an MJ fan, but people made it uncool last year with all the obsession, I dont like him anymore"

I know exactly what you mean - it's like the music and Michael are part of one wholeness, and just listenieng to, or appreciating the art isn't the full FAN experience. I think people who love his music ARE fans, but those of us that love HIM (music, persona, magic and all) are on a different level of appreciation. All that's required to be a fan of the music are EARS :cheeky: All that's required to be a devotee of the being himself is a :heart:
Devotee :giggle: I know sometimes the press writes that, like to make us seem crazy or over the top, but the word "fan" is really an issue, right? I mean, really it is. I wish we had another word. Honestly, devotee is probably the best, lol. Maybe we should all choose a new one collectively. "Fan" is so trivial somehow. Way too trivial for Michael. I mean, I'm a "fan" of Star Trek and Prince, I guess. With the latter, I have his albums, know most of his songs, have seen him live a couple of times. But o-m-g, there is NO COMPARISON in anyone's wildest imagination to what I feel for Michael. He's my soul. Just because I enjoy a performer or a band, even if it's a LOT, that doesn't make me LOVE them with all my heart, to feel it at the core of my being, to give my life to them like this. It just doesn't. With Michael it's a whole other level.

Last edited:
Devotee :giggle: I know sometimes the press writes that, like to make us seem crazy or over the top, but the word "fan" is really an issue, right? I mean, really it is. I wish we had another word. Honestly, devotee is probably the best, lol. Maybe we should all choose a new one collectively. "Fan" is so trivial somehow. Way to trivial for Michael. I mean, I'm a "fan" of Star Trek and Prince, I guess. With the latter, I have his albums, know most of his songs, have seen him live a couple of times. But o-m-g, there is NO COMPARISON in anyone's wildest imagination to what I feel for Michael. He's my soul. Just because I enjoy a performer or a band, even if it's a LOT, that doesn't make me LOVE them with all my heart, to feel it at the core of my being, to give my life to them like this. It just doesn't. With Michael it's a whole other level.

:clapping: That deserves a clap! :)

Yeah, truly, 'FAN' does sound a bit tacky...maybe it should be reserved for the 'I love Billie Jean' type guys (no disrespect intended)

'Devoted' is the only word in the dictionary that comes close to describing how I feel about Michael. I don't like him, I'm devoted to his essence.

Dictionary definition of Devoted: 'Having been consecrated'

Now I can testify to having been consecrated....you feel me? :D :D :D

i saw that interview with Liza Minelli, by Joy Behar..the avowed MJ hater. but she couldn't wait to bring up MJ's name to Liza..and then, after that, Behar had no interest in bringing up any other celebrity names, and she was through talking about the wedding, with Liza. that's about it, in a nutshell. even the haters are fascinated by MJ. nobody can IGNORE him.

i think what bothers haters the most, is when they see things like this...where other haters still cannot ignore him. so haters accuse MJ devotees of worship, particularly out of envy based on the fascination by OTHER HATERS...let alone the love of the devotees.

Yeah, truly, 'FAN' does sound a bit tacky...maybe it should be reserved for the 'I love Billie Jean' type guys (no disrespect intended)

'Devoted' is the only word in the dictionary that comes close to describing how I feel about Michael. I don't like him, I'm devoted to his essence.

Dictionary definition of Devoted: 'Having been consecrated'

Now I can testify to having been consecrated....you feel me? :D :D :D
Yes. :D Consecrated, baptized, taken the eternal vow ... whatever the term would be. Yes.

Somebody artistically gifted needs to make a special badge/symbol for the 'devoted, consecrated, eternalised, and internalised Michael Jackson lovers'

I can't even bring myself to type FAN anymore....it's short for FANATIC which does NOT give the right vibe at all...

When MJ died, I cried because I knew how we lost a loving human being, a great father, a sensitive man, a funny guy, a charming person, a good humanitarian, a humble soul. It hurt deep.

THEN i thought about his music.....in fact his music was the last thing on my mind.

Don't get me wrong, I like his music. He was a very talented man. But I loved the person - Michael Jackson.

I totally understand what you're saying. I remember that anger I felt last summer when the media would talk to a group of "fans" (i.e. people who "like Thriller") outside the hospital and they were all smiling and dancing moments after hearing the news. "Fans"... ye-ah... :no: And all the people coming out of the woodwork to praise him (as they should've, dammit!), but wondering, "Where T F were you people on June 24th?! In 2005? At any point?!"

Someday when they're 7 or 15 or 23 they're going to discover Michael and come to us old folks with amazing revelations like, "OMG, did you know it was MJ's heartbeat at the beginning of Smooth Criminal?!" Yes, dear, we knew that in 1987, but thank you for noticing. :cheeky:
Ya, I would never shut out a person that has just discovered MJ's genius! As long as they understand it wholly and completely, not just for one week and then forget about it! haha!

I know exactly what you mean - it's like the music and Michael are part of one wholeness, and just listenieng to, or appreciating the art isn't the full FAN experience. I think people who love his music ARE fans, but those of us that love HIM (music, persona, magic and all) are on a different level of appreciation. All that's required to be a fan of the music are EARS :cheeky: All that's required to be a devotee of the being himself is a :heart:
I like the way you think! Definitely does need to come from the heart!

Devotee :giggle: I know sometimes the press writes that, like to make us seem crazy or over the top, but the word "fan" is really an issue, right? I mean, really it is. I wish we had another word. Honestly, devotee is probably the best, lol. Maybe we should all choose a new one collectively. "Fan" is so trivial somehow.
I'm so gonna start a thread about this! haha!

Perrrrrfect :cheeky:

I can't even bring myself to type FAN anymore....it's short for FANATIC which does NOT give the right vibe at all...

You know, when I was writing the original post last night, I stopped every time I would write the word "fan" because it didnt sound right, I was gonna write follower but that reminded me of the follower fans.. haha! I dont even know if Devotee is enough :sigh:

When MJ died, I cried because I knew how we lost a loving human being, a great father, a sensitive man, a funny guy, a charming person, a good humanitarian, a humble soul. It hurt deep.

THEN i thought about his music.....in fact his music was the last thing on my mind.

Don't get me wrong, I like his music. He was a very talented man. But I loved the person - Michael Jackson.

Exactly :better:

I think with most everyone, theres a million shades of gray in how much you like so and so. But I see what the OP is saying because of how we are in regards to Michael.

Most artists don't excel on *being a human being* so we appreciate their art and celebrate their genius. With Michael, it was always like 'wow, this music is the best... this dancing is the best...this video is the best...this person is the best!'

Because we were drawn to those first aspects, we had the chance to see Michael the person. I think its an evolution that all of us went through. His voice and dance are vessels through which we see his soul. And once you see and feel his soul, you can't help but fall in love with him as a special being. A True Gift to the World.

That's why I feel that we are blessed, because not everyone is lucky enough to experience this.

Last edited:
I think with most everyone, theres a million shades of gray in how much you like so and so. But I see what the OP is saying because of how we are in regards to Michael.

Most artists don't excel on *being a human being* so we appreciate their art and celebrate their genius. With Michael, it was always like 'wow, this music is the best... this dancing is the best...this video is the best'

Because we were drawn to those aspects, we had the chance to see Michael the person. I think its an evolution that all of us went through. His voice and dance are vessels through which we see his soul. And once you see and feel his soul, you can't help but fall in love with him as a special being. A True Gift to the World.

That's why I feel that we are blessed, because not everyone is lucky enough to experience this.

EXACTLY how I feel.....:wub:

I have only became a fan of Michael in the last 6 months or so. When my mate lent me a few cds and dvds, now I cant get enough of MJ. I don't really listen to anyone else anymore. I'm learning new things about him everyday and I hope that keeps going for many many years :)

I have only became a fan of Michael in the last 6 months or so. When my mate lent me a few cds and dvds, now I cant get enough of MJ. I don't really listen to anyone else anymore. I'm learning new things about him everyday and I hope that keeps going for many many years :)

Thats what im talking about!! God bless you!!:clapping:

It is an amazing thing to be a Michael fan! :yes::yes:

I feel it's you either love him or hate him but i know there are some people who just don't care.

welcome and good for you :) that sounds like me years ago. One day i was bored and i was watching tv and an MJ marathon came on and there was nothing else to watch so i watched it and i was in awe, i couldn't believe i never realized how amazing he was. Later i did some research instead of listening to the media and i grew to love him not only as an artist but a person.

Last edited:
All the truly great pioneers in history were penalised, ridiculed and ignored.

That's why it never bothers me when people hate Michael. They're just threatened by somebody they don't have the capacity to understand.

I totally understand what you're saying. I remember that anger I felt last summer when the media would talk to a group of "fans" (i.e. people who "like Thriller") outside the hospital and they were all smiling and dancing moments after hearing the news. "Fans"... ye-ah... :no: And all the people coming out of the woodwork to praise him (as they should've, dammit!), but wondering, "Where T F were you people on June 24th?! In 2005? At any point?!" But at the same time, thank God he was being praised and called the KoP and that his music was everywhere and kids were moonwalking in the streets. It could have been worse. Much worse.

I think an important thing to remember, though, is that Michael's legacy is going to be for more than just those of us who truly love him and supported him and know all his songs and all about him as a person. There are different degrees of appreciation... always have been and always will be. Like, my mother isn't a fan, but she's always liked him and defended him when people talked ish. As fans (in the sense of the word that we mean), it's now our responsibility to teach others the truth, to continue his message of love and healing the world, to be sure he's remembered and celebrated for who he was and what he gave and to open our arms to those who have just opened their hearts to him. I don't think it's going to serve our interests well to bash the "I like that song... what's it called? Billie Jean?" kind of folks (even though sometimes you want to just slap them, lol). I guess be glad they like Billie Jean, even if it feels like too little, too late. There are people being born right at this moment who will need to know about Michael too. Someday when they're 7 or 15 or 23 they're going to discover Michael and come to us old folks with amazing revelations like, "OMG, did you know it was MJ's heartbeat at the beginning of Smooth Criminal?!" Yes, dear, we knew that in 1987, but thank you for noticing. :cheeky:

While there may be many, many of us, there are also many 'fringe fans' who don't know Threatened or Little Susie and maybe never will (tsk tsk), and there are many potential future fans out there, including the ones it's easy to call hypocrites. I don't want them to feel bad and feel like we're a closed group that can't ever forgive or accept people who've recently had a Michael revelation and are falling in love with him. I would like the whole world to love him (for real, not just a few songs or some vague media-driven image of him). I've always felt like that. It's like "I love Michael sooo much! Why don't you?! Look! Listen! Love him!" :heart: We're the ones who really care, and not for money, but for LOVE. That's what I meant by his legacy being our responsibility. To ME that means we should encourage people to listen, to appreciate him, to learn about him from reliable sources, we should educate them about the truths and dispell the BS whenever we can... "with L.O.V.E." So while it will be a sad and sometimes frustrating journey, I'm still going to smile everytime I hear someone singing the wrong lyrics to "Beat It" at the grocery store :) :wub: I guess I'm saying just hang in there and I know how it feels too :hug:

Beautiful post!

It's quite simple really....

Anyone who actually hates...oh my what a word it is....Michael Jackson ain't right in their mind. You just can't hate a person like MJ. Its simply not possible. The people that THINK they hate him, actually probably just find him strange because he was different. And different is most of the time always wrong in simple people's heads.

Because of the things u see on tv and read in the papers, I tought michael was a weird person. But after his dead I started searching things up, and now I'm a big fan of him and don't believe anything of the bad stuff that's written. And I feel bad for not liking him at first and that I never got to know him before he was death like I do now. When I tell people at school that I'm a fan of him, they think it's only because I want to act cool or something and because he's death. And I'm soo irritated by the fact everybody in my class believes the lies.

Last edited:
It's quite simple really....

Anyone who actually hates...oh my what a word it is....Michael Jackson ain't right in their mind. You just can't hate a person like MJ. Its simply not possible. The people that THINK they hate him, actually probably just find him strange because he was different. And different is most of the time always wrong in simple people's heads.
Like the quote in my siggy...

"If your heart is not open; ok, then you don't like Michael, but you probably don't like puppies or kittens either." ;) We all laugh at that point in the documentary trailer, but deep down you also know there's some truth in that statement. (It's from the The Way He Makes Them Feel documentary thread)

I think there can be an in between. There is many people who appreciate him as an artist, but that´s it (oh, and they miss a lot). I remember myself many years ago. When I discovered Michael, his music, dance, videos - I loved it all, he was my favorite singer. After few months, after I learnt more and more about not only his music, but himself, he became more then just favorite singer to me, he became my soul mate.

Back