MJ doesn't let nothing mess him up on stage watch this(Video inside)

The bridge falling down, that was during the Michael and Friends concert in Munich, and he was really very hurt... there was some permanent damage. The back pains he was having during the trial were directly related to what happened that day. :(

:(:(:(

I hope he has had good treatment since then. these injuries usually come back to bite in older ages, very painful and hard to treat.

Hope Michael is okay now.

The bridge shot up higher than it should have and something snapped causing him to drop 70ft, on hitting the ground his legs buckled against the wooden/steel framework causing extensive bruising to his legs as well as the back injury. As well as finishing 'Earth Song' he came back out to finish the show with 'YANA', at the end of this he left the stage gasping for air "you could actually hear him struggling to breath" once off stage he collapsed.

As much as I hate to be a bit** about this, Michael couldn't well stop performing Earth Song because that would have given away that he was miming. I'm extremely sorry he was hurt, but unless he was unconscious, there was no way he could stop moving his lips without embarrassing himself.

OMG, I'd never seen that footage of the stage collapse before. How deep is that, 10 meters? Very very scary indeed.

Last edited:
I'm not much good at maths but I make 70ft roughly 23 1/3 meters

Hm, ok, hadn't seen this 70ft info. Can't have been freefall, though. he would be ... .Let's not even think about that. Looks terrible enough.

I can't see video of the bridge falling :(
Is it still somewhere .. I wish I could see it .. :rolleyes:

As much as I hate to be a bit** about this, Michael couldn't well stop performing Earth Song because that would have given away that he was miming. I'm extremely sorry he was hurt, but unless he was unconscious, there was no way he could stop moving his lips without embarrassing himself.

Everyone knows he lip syncs anyway. Michael struggled through that performance. If you compare it to his Korea performance, he was really struggling badly. He was clearly is a huge amount of pain. Embarrassment over lip syncing was probably the last thing on his mind. But Michael is a trooper and he finishes the show if he thinks he can. Like he's said about going on stage with insufferable tooth achs and such. Or being almost pulled in to the audience by fans, but getting right back up and continuing anyway.

Ummmmmmm so u don't think he could have went without doing YANA out of fear of embarrassment?

Seriously, i think that was the last thing on his mind. As Wannabe says....everyone knows he mimes, but at the same time, everyone knows he can sing too.

Last edited:
The bridge shot up higher than it should have and something snapped causing him to drop 70ft, on hitting the ground his legs buckled against the wooden/steel framework causing extensive bruising to his legs as well as the back injury. As well as finishing 'Earth Song' he came back out to finish the show with 'YANA', at the end of this he left the stage gasping for air "you could actually hear him struggling to breath" once off stage he collapsed.

Is that from what Karen Faye wrote about that accident? I always wanted to read that article, but I never got to because I didn't join that web site. That's really horrible what happened, really scary. He was really hurt man. I can't believe he finished the show. I mean, from the details you just gave, it sounds like he was seriously messed up.

Everyone at that show knows he was miming. None of them would have been shocked to find that out and he would not have embarssed himself. You know how many times he has messed up while miming? Please. You sound more upset about the fact that he was miming then the fact that he almost got killed

Ye he is very professional and focused
when he is on stage and no matter what
the show must go on -

he is a tought cookie.he learn that from his father,during Jackson 5 years...hard work...

I agree with you, two. He was raised very early how to perform while sick and/or injured. I'm sure he's said somewhere how his father used to tell him the show must go on and nothing was to stop him from disappointing his fans, etc. It's a work ethic that's probably drilled into his psyche.

I've seen footage of Michael getting nearly dragged offstage by a fan during Triumph/Destiny era and while his jacket was nearly ripped off his back, he kept on singing...and this was clearly LIVE. So it's not surprising that as long as he wasn't literally knocked unconscious or blood was gushing from his body that he would try to keep going.

Did you guys see the footage of the fan who managed to climb on the crane during Earth Song or Beat It? Michael's holding onto the crane with one hand, holding onto the guy with his other arm so the guy doesn't fall to his death, the crane's whizzing them both thru the air, with Michael STILL singing/miming. Mind boggling and just as scary to watch.

Definitely a pro.

Everyone at that show knows he was miming. None of them would have been shocked to find that out and he would not have embarssed himself. You know how many times he has messed up while miming? Please. You sound more upset about the fact that he was miming then the fact that he almost got killed

Agree.

Isn't it true that he wouldn't cut the show early even after he was hurt? Now that's what I call devotion. ...

But he really shouldn't have done that. Now he suffers back pains from that fall. :no:

Well I was at the MJ& Friends concert in Munich when the fall happened and you know...BLONDE as I am...I thought the whole thing was part of the performance...:rolleyes: You know, I thought the bridge was supposed to fall down so fast and I thought it was cool how fast it was going and I was actually CHEERING at it and going "WHOOHOO GO MICHAEL!!" :rolleyes: :lol: I did think it was a bit weird when I saw him crawling back on stage, but I honestly didn't realize something had gone wrong. I went back to MJ's hotel with some other fans after the concert and we were told there that MJ had been taken to the hospital. :boohoo: I was really worried because I didn't really understand why he was in the hospital and what had happened...we were told to go "home" and rest and come back the next day. So I was really worried...:(

As for the Jam video and MJ sliding on stage...I think he was just showing to the crew how it's almost impossible to perform on that stage because it's SO slippery that it's dangerous.

As for MJ being pissed....I kinda like it when he'S pissed off...he looks really cute when he's angry! :lol: Not that I want him to be angry all the time...but when he is...he looks cute.

Last edited:
as a matter of fact I remember they did... at least in Europe....

I was watching it live on TV ... it was scary... and yes , he was taken to hospital... and since then he's had a problem with his back... remember the trial and his problems with his back then?

and props to him for going on with the show (!)

they also did in the Philippines :)

I can't see video of the bridge falling :(
Is it still somewhere .. I wish I could see it .. :rolleyes:

it;s on youtube

search michael jackson bridge falls

and someone here is talking about a boy that went up to MJ on the crane

it was in Seoul History tour, Earth Song.. it is there in youtube...

I agree with you, two. He was raised very early how to perform while sick and/or injured. I'm sure he's said somewhere how his father used to tell him the show must go on and nothing was to stop him from disappointing his fans, etc. It's a work ethic that's probably drilled into his psyche.

I've seen footage of Michael getting nearly dragged offstage by a fan during Triumph/Destiny era and while his jacket was nearly ripped off his back, he kept on singing...and this was clearly LIVE. So it's not surprising that as long as he wasn't literally knocked unconscious or blood was gushing from his body that he would try to keep going.

Did you guys see the footage of the fan who managed to climb on the crane during Earth Song or Beat It? Michael's holding onto the crane with one hand, holding onto the guy with his other arm so the guy doesn't fall to his death, the crane's whizzing them both thru the air, with Michael STILL singing/miming. Mind boggling and just as scary to watch.

Definitely a pro.

Agree.

you are talking about Earth Song in Seoul.. its in youtube

and i saw what you are talking about, when a fan grabbed MJ on the stage..

i also saw MJ was grabbed by a fan on the leg, then his security were holding on to him on his arm, and the fans are grabbing his legs..

it's like JAWS.. LOL!!!!

and anyone know where he is, you know the Brace Yourself video, where he went up to a net, and a flock of fans were chasing him?

I remember that hapening it came over the tv and everyone was so upset thinking Michael was hurt. I remember that everyhour or so i would hear a update on how he was doing. I so glad he was ok it really could of hurt him a lot more than it did. But i know even still he suffers from that fall.:eek:

Just a question.. was it common knowledge after the concert that MJ was rushed to hospital or did that surface years later?

Like J5master said, it hit the news pretty quick. Also, Karen Faye came out and said that while the entire staff was telling Michael to get his ass to a hospital, he didn't listen and went onstage to finish the show and that Michael later told her he kept hearing his father's voice in his head saying "Don't dissapoint the public" or something along those lines. -_-

That was absolutely insane. Terribly uncomfortable to watch, I can't even imagine what Michael was thinking at the time (not knowing who that man was or what he was doing up there, then trying desperately to keep him from falling while still putting on the show).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KEVrvxDN44

The bridge falling down, that was during the Michael and Friends concert in Munich, and he was really very hurt... there was some permanent damage. The back pains he was having during the trial were directly related to what happened that day. :(
Exactly. The bridge incident was extremely severe. During the trial it was also mentioned that Michael was still taking pain medication for his back as of 2002, and he will presumably have reoccurring back troubles because of that fall for the rest of his life. Thankfully, there was at least some friction slowing down the drop even after the cable(s) broke, or else it certainly could've been fatal.

Due to serious issues like these, it's clear why Michael doesn't like touring.

Is that from what Karen Faye wrote about that accident? I always wanted to read that article, but I never got to because I didn't join that web site.

Here's the article that Karen wrote:

---
"I thought he was surely dead!"

Karen Faye
MJJSource.com

Michael was headlining two benefit concerts for the International Red Cross, Nelson Mandela's Children's Fund, and UNESCO. MICHAEL JACKSON AND FRIENDS. The roster of performers and their entourage flew from Seoul, Korea where the first concert was held, to Munich on a chartered plane. It was such a wonderful flight because we were able to spend some time and get to know everyone. There were performers from all over the world.

We arrived at the Munich Olympic Stadium in the afternoon on June 27, 1999 to prepare for Michael's evening appearance. Michael introduced Andrea Bocelli in the late afternoon. The sun was setting. The darkness changed the entire feeling of the arena. It was a hot summer evening. The crowd had been enjoying performances by other artists all day: Luther Vandross, The Kelly Brothers, Ringo Starr... but it seemed the audience was waiting for Michael. The excitement was building.

Magically, the stage was being transformed with emerging walls of lights, screens and equipment that had been created for Michael's show, that were hidden behind the other performances. Michael Jackson, Michael Bush and myself were using the last minutes to take care some details in the dressing room, just stage right. A long check list: Microphones, wires, wardrobe changes, towels, song list, ice, Gatorade, fans, grease paints, powder. Michael did some stretches to warm up, as the lights lowered in the house.

I could feel the energy of anticipation the crowd directed towards us. Any hint of Michael's appearance created excited chaos in the crowd. He would peek out at the audience from behind the curtains. The band came up the back stairs. Michael met them for the traditional prayer joining their hands.

The show began with all the frenzy and excitement that they all did. We have been doing this for many years. After I prepared for the next change, I watched from stage right. Everything was going perfectly... The medley... Beat It... Black or White with Slash... Billie Jean.

The local performers for Earth Song started filing on stage. Earth Song began... then the bridge appeared, just as it had done in Korea. The children and adults slowly entered and filled the stage. The song builds... Michael flies up the bridge and gyrates and pounds his feet, twirls as the bridge lifts away from its braces. Smoke, explosions, bombard our eyes and ears...the bridge continues higher and higher, but unlike rehearsals, and the last show... it didn't pause at its pinnacle... INSTEAD it came careening down gaining speed with Michael tightly grasping the railings... still singing. I started screaming, but I could not even hear my own voice over the pyro, music, and the audience. I started running out from behind the stage in horror as the bridge quickly disappeared below the front of the stage, slamming down on the concrete floor. Security grabbed and stopped me, thinking I was going to ruin the performance.

Backstage, there was crying and screaming, only the crew and performers knew there was something desperately wrong. From our vantage point we had lost sight of Michael, as the bridge had fallen below the front of the stage. My heart stopped beating, while in the strong arms of a perplexed security guard. Even though the show continued for everyone else, time stood still for me as I could not imagine how Michael could have survived such a fall.

But slowly, and after what seemed like an eternity, as the music and applause continued, I saw one arm reach for the floor of the stage... Then a long lean leg, another arm, another leg... He was up, center stage... Finishing the end of Earth Song! My mouth dropped open in relieved amazement.

Looking dazed, he made his way to our side of the stage. "Michael, sit down..."

"NO!" He demanded.

"Security... Please get him to the hospital!" I was begging.

"NO!" He grabbed the microphone and ran out to finish performing "You Are Not Alone."

I could not believe what I was witnessing. He finished the song, took his final bow, and returned once again to his stage dressing room and then... collapsed. Security whisked him off to a hospital in Munich. Band members, dancers, Slash and crewmembers all shocked and amazed at what we had witnessed wrapped up the show with prayers in our hearts.

Once back in the hotel I started making the phone calls to find out how he was. I got the reports that nothing was broken, but he was badly bruised, and his back was very badly strained. It had been a miracle. Being the performer he was, he knew how to land. The next day we were to leave for Paris for a photo shoot. This had been postponed until he was better. I asked him... "Why did you continue? I cannot believe you were able to do that."

"You know Turkle, the only thing that I heard in my head, was my father's voice saying to me, 'MICHAEL, DON'T DISAPPOINT THE AUDIENCE!'"
---

Last edited:
Like J5master said, it hit the news pretty quick. Also, Karen Faye came out and said that while the entire staff was telling Michael to get his ass to a hospital, he didn't listen and went onstage to finish the show and that Michael later told her he kept hearing his father's voice in his head saying "Don't dissapoint the public" or something along those lines. -_-

That's so messed up that he felt he had to continue because of that. Is that from her write up from MJJSource? Oh, thanks TSCM, I've been wanting to read that for a long time.

Last edited:
That was absolutely insane. Terribly uncomfortable to watch, I can't even imagine what Michael was thinking at the time (not knowing who that man was or what he was doing up there, then trying desperately to keep him from falling while still putting on the show).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KEVrvxDN44

Exactly. The bridge incident was extremely severe. During the trial it was also mentioned that Michael was still taking pain medication for his back as of 2002, and he will presumably have reoccurring back troubles because of that fall for the rest of his life. Thankfully, there was at least some friction slowing down the drop even after the cable(s) broke, or else it certainly could've been fatal.

Due to serious issues like these, it's clear why Michael doesn't like touring.

Here's the article that Karen wrote:

---
"I thought he was surely dead!"

Karen Faye
MJJSource.com

Michael was headlining two benefit concerts for the International Red Cross, Nelson Mandela's Children's Fund, and UNESCO. MICHAEL JACKSON AND FRIENDS. The roster of performers and their entourage flew from Seoul, Korea where the first concert was held, to Munich on a chartered plane. It was such a wonderful flight because we were able to spend some time and get to know everyone. There were performers from all over the world.

We arrived at the Munich Olympic Stadium in the afternoon on June 27, 1999 to prepare for Michael's evening appearance. Michael introduced Andrea Bocelli in the late afternoon. The sun was setting. The darkness changed the entire feeling of the arena. It was a hot summer evening. The crowd had been enjoying performances by other artists all day: Luther Vandross, The Kelly Brothers, Ringo Starr... but it seemed the audience was waiting for Michael. The excitement was building.

Magically, the stage was being transformed with emerging walls of lights, screens and equipment that had been created for Michael's show, that were hidden behind the other performances. Michael Jackson, Michael Bush and myself were using the last minutes to take care some details in the dressing room, just stage right. A long check list: Microphones, wires, wardrobe changes, towels, song list, ice, Gatorade, fans, grease paints, powder. Michael did some stretches to warm up, as the lights lowered in the house.

I could feel the energy of anticipation the crowd directed towards us. Any hint of Michael's appearance created excited chaos in the crowd. He would peek out at the audience from behind the curtains. The band came up the back stairs. Michael met them for the traditional prayer joining their hands.

The show began with all the frenzy and excitement that they all did. We have been doing this for many years. After I prepared for the next change, I watched from stage right. Everything was going perfectly... The medley... Beat It... Black or White with Slash... Billie Jean.

The local performers for Earth Song started filing on stage. Earth Song began... then the bridge appeared, just as it had done in Korea. The children and adults slowly entered and filled the stage. The song builds... Michael flies up the bridge and gyrates and pounds his feet, twirls as the bridge lifts away from its braces. Smoke, explosions, bombard our eyes and ears...the bridge continues higher and higher, but unlike rehearsals, and the last show... it didn't pause at its pinnacle... INSTEAD it came careening down gaining speed with Michael tightly grasping the railings... still singing. I started screaming, but I could not even hear my own voice over the pyro, music, and the audience. I started running out from behind the stage in horror as the bridge quickly disappeared below the front of the stage, slamming down on the concrete floor. Security grabbed and stopped me, thinking I was going to ruin the performance.

Backstage, there was crying and screaming, only the crew and performers knew there was something desperately wrong. From our vantage point we had lost sight of Michael, as the bridge had fallen below the front of the stage. My heart stopped beating, while in the strong arms of a perplexed security guard. Even though the show continued for everyone else, time stood still for me as I could not imagine how Michael could have survived such a fall.

But slowly, and after what seemed like an eternity, as the music and applause continued, I saw one arm reach for the floor of the stage... Then a long lean leg, another arm, another leg... He was up, center stage... Finishing the end of Earth Song! My mouth dropped open in relieved amazement.

Looking dazed, he made his way to our side of the stage. "Michael, sit down..."

"NO!" He demanded.

"Security... Please get him to the hospital!" I was begging.

"NO!" He grabbed the microphone and ran out to finish performing "You Are Not Alone."

I could not believe what I was witnessing. He finished the song, took his final bow, and returned once again to his stage dressing room and then... collapsed. Security whisked him off to a hospital in Munich. Band members, dancers, Slash and crewmembers all shocked and amazed at what we had witnessed wrapped up the show with prayers in our hearts.

Once back in the hotel I started making the phone calls to find out how he was. I got the reports that nothing was broken, but he was badly bruised, and his back was very badly strained. It had been a miracle. Being the performer he was, he knew how to land. The next day we were to leave for Paris for a photo shoot. This had been postponed until he was better. I asked him... "Why did you continue? I cannot believe you were able to do that."

"You know Turkle, the only thing that I heard in my head, was my father's voice saying to me, 'MICHAEL, DON'T DISAPPOINT THE AUDIENCE!'"
---

Thanks for the bottom article!!! :flowers:

That guy that ran up the crane is one helluva moron. How f***ed up can one person be? :eek:

Everyone knows he lip syncs anyway. Michael struggled through that performance. If you compare it to his Korea performance, he was really struggling badly. He was clearly is a huge amount of pain. Embarrassment over lip syncing was probably the last thing on his mind. But Michael is a trooper and he finishes the show if he thinks he can. Like he's said about going on stage with insufferable tooth achs and such. Or being almost pulled in to the audience by fans, but getting right back up and continuing anyway.

I never said he is not a fighter. His dad taught him that the show must go on, no matter what. I only pointed out that we can't be sure he would have continued singing if this had been live. As much as most of us realize he's miming, he works very hard at not letting that show in his performances.

aww bless him - that must have been really painful and im sure the audience wud have understood if they had to cut the performance short but he still carried on anyway.
i feel very sorry for him

Back