MJ crying onstage

lol

it's an act people, it is every time

that's what made him such a brilliant performer

I agree....except i think it always starts as an act, but this time, I believe it was real....Being onstage, the adrenaline and emotions that must go through him like ELECTRICITY....Michael was a humble person, and I think he broke down because of what music and dance does to him....I think it was real this time...

Maybe he remembered good times with his brothers on stage and then started to think what happened with the family

Pretty sure he started crying during Working Day and Night in Bucharest.

He was NOT acting y'all. If you've heard His interview with Steve Harvey, you'd know that he doesnt really act on those parts!

This video…My gosh… I've never seen him like this… Its one of those things that will stay with Michael for ever, We dont know why he cried but its sooo deep in his heart. One of the things I love about Michael is that He doesnt shy away from showing us his sensitive side… thats A MAN right there! Thankyou for sharing this vid…It got me in tears :cry: I Love you Michael, With all My Heart!!! :love:

L.o.v.e.
Romi

So does that mean when Jackson is 'crying', he tries to conserve his voice, or whatever are you talking about? Nobody said he always sang live. I don't mind the crying part either, he was beautiful.

I'm not trying to tell you, personally, anything and you're drifting way too much with other things, like one's supposed to believe whatever they see. I was referring to this particular context and yes, many others: like when he'd always say 'I love you', lots of fans didn't believe him and still don't. And you may be one of those, since he can't possibly mean this every time he says it, right, but am ready to take it back if not true. In many instances was he not taken seriously and called a liar. Others even said he had no reasons to cry, he was famous, he had money, lots of people loved him, he had everything one would ever need. Or many always say he was no damn Peter Pan, it was just an image he projected, as if innocence couldn't possibly be a part of a grown male. Well, it was a big part of Jackson, his whole house was full of Disneyana and a big part of his character was childlike.

The images here speak for themselves, too. At that particular time - the end of "I'll Be There", he takes that moment when all kinds of things build up into his mind - from his life or others', 'cause he cared too damn much about so many things, that get to him every time. It could be anything: an ill child he just visited in a hospital or a failed love of his. It's not a spontaneous thing. It looks cultivated, but he gets on his knees and thinks of sad or bad things, so he starts crying. He was a very sensitive person, more than most. And based on his interviews, speeches, songs or whatever, you sort of get the jinx of what his mind and heart were made of. But how do we know he's not lying, right?... We might try to study empathy a bit more and learn to separate it from pure showmanship: Jackson combined artistry with emotions, his emotions inspired his artistry. It's not like he cried at every song he sang, and it shouldn't be so hard for many to conceive that he actually could once at every concert.

And anyway, who should care about what everyone thinks of him, especially now? He can't be bothered with these type of things anymore, he's dead and gone.
There are improvisations and then there is choreography. For instance, in Munich 1996 before the J5 medley, MJ called the security because there was a bug on stage. That part was completely true because it doesn't happen all that often, or at all even. The crying part, however, occurs every single time, in the same place, in the same time, in the same pose. I'm sure the song means a lot to him. But have you ever questioned how he doesn't show ANY kind of sadness before he breaks down?

I AM NOT questioning his emotions, I'm just watching the show and I know what is choreographed and what isn't.

PS: Your first paragraph, when you said "whatever you're talking about", Just want you to know that's not me. Boot up This is it and watch I'll be there. HE says that, not me.

Pretty sure he started crying during Working Day and Night in Bucharest.

yeaaaahhhh , i saw than few months ago and i can tell he cried hard in that song...wow he was very emotional , especially i was told the song was about his working hard during his childhood...and u see all these people crying and shouting his name , it must be very emotional!

anyway....the audience's cheering that night cause Michael to be more emotional , i noticed that all the breaks of the songs like beat it and WBSS and all the pauses in the songs were longer , either he was trying to rest but mainly i believe he was trying to hear the cheering becuase it was like a cheering in a football game...MJ liked it much and get more emotional .JMO!

yeaaaahhhh , i saw than few months ago and i can tell he cried hard in that song...wow he was very emotional , especially i was told the song was about his working hard during his childhood...and u see all these people crying and shouting his name , it must be very emotional!

anyway....the audience's cheering that night cause Michael to be more emotional , i noticed that all the breaks of the songs like beat it and WBSS and all the pauses in the songs were longer , either he was trying to rest but mainly i believe he was trying to hear the cheering becuase it was like a cheering in a football game...MJ liked it much and get more emotional .JMO!
ohhh..thank you for sharing that Ohood. I cannot bare to see Michael cry...he was so sweet. The pain he was feeling was so real.

There are improvisations and then there is choreography. For instance, in Munich 1996 before the J5 medley, MJ called the security because there was a bug on stage. That part was completely true because it doesn't happen all that often, or at all even. The crying part, however, occurs every single time, in the same place, in the same time, in the same pose. I'm sure the song means a lot to him. But have you ever questioned how he doesn't show ANY kind of sadness before he breaks down?

I AM NOT questioning his emotions, I'm just watching the show and I know what is choreographed and what isn't.

PS: Your first paragraph, when you said "whatever you're talking about", Just want you to know that's not me. Boot up This is it and watch I'll be there. HE says that, not me.

The "I'll Be There" part - meaning him bending down after singing "Just call my name..", the timing and pose and pausing are staged, I failed to mention this more clearly previously, but I'm repeating myself right now nonetheless. That pause gives him the time to turn to himself into his mind, to think or remember sad parts of his life, i.e., say Princess Diana's death, for he performed in a concert just 3 days after her passing in her honor, for his fans. When he cried at the end of 'I'll Be There', one can't just say that's a an act, when one of his dear friends just died, yet he found the strength to perform for his fans somehow. Or when he smiled every time to the fans and cameras while heading towards the courtroom, although crushed, he smiled every time - he faked it.

Once again, though, when he takes that pause on stage, when one takes a pause in general, for something, to delve into oneself and brood over sad or joyous things, repetition becomes a minor aspect, or could actually cultivate the feeling. An actor interpreting the same role on stage, and he is supposed to cry at a certain point/certain points, can cry every time - regular actors act it, while the true feelers and believers can feel it. Every time; not all can, of course. When Jackson himself takes his time, which he always does at the end of 'I'll Be There', he gets the time to feel and become overcome with emotion before a sea of screaming and crying people, for he becomes charged with their emotion too. While the mannerisms are staged, his feelings in those very tense, charged moments are not. And it's plain to see they're not crocodile tears. Well, to some is.

I know about that part in 'This Is It' and what he says, it's logical what he says, but has nothing to do with this topic, which is about Jackson crying at the end of 'I'll Be There', not his voice preservation. There's a separate thread for that.

Last edited:
Someone just posted a link where Michael states himself why he cries during that performance, and people still speculate why he does it and rather it's real or not. The first time I saw a performance of "I'll be there" was during the Dangerous Tour, judging by the song, it was always obvious to me that the emotions were genuine. Remembering back to when he was just a kid, to where he came from virtually nothing, to being the most loved and admired person in the entire world...I'd get emotional too.

ohhh..thank you for sharing that Ohood. I cannot bare to see Michael cry...he was so sweet. The pain he was feeling was so real.

you're welcome...actually i watched the whole concert on TV and i was able to hear the audience more clearly and i noticed that michael was pausing more longer than the usual pauses in the other concerts , he was getting very emotional becuase of the way the fans were cheering loudly like in a European football game...I my self became overwhlmed (spl) and got very emotional ...

i think usually MJ do this particular pause intentionally but the feelings come later as he contact spiritualy with God and fans in that moment .

Last edited:
His sensitivity was so beautiful. :wub: Extremely talented people are always very very sensitive. But sensitivity is one of the most beautiful things. That´s one of the things I love so much about him.:heart:

While for working for mine and my friends site this evening, I've found a quotation of Michael's from an interview in "Making History", a photo book from 1998 produced by Adrian Grant. At one point, he talks about crying on stage during "I'll Be There". I'm quoting myself (not out of vanity) from back in the thread, because there was a heated debate about "I'll Be There" here, very controversial.. My take on it was:

Alma;2992484 said:
At that particular time - the end of "I'll Be There", he takes that moment when all kinds of things build up into his mind - from his life or others', 'cause he cared too much about so many things, that get to him every time. It could be anything: an ill child he just visited in a hospital or a failed love of his. It's not a spontaneous thing. It looks cultivated, but he gets on his knees and thinks of sad or bad things, so he starts crying. He was a very sensitive person, more than most. And based on his interviews, speeches, songs or whatever, you sort of get the jinx of what his mind and heart were made of. [...] Jackson combined artistry with emotions, his emotions inspired his artistry. It's not like he cried at every song he sang, and it shouldn't be so hard for many to conceive that he actually could once at every concert.

Michael says in the above-mentioned interview (for those who believe him, that is):

“Being a world traveler, I’m touched and moved by everything that happens, especially to children. It gets me emotionally sick and I go through a lot of pain when I see that type of pain. I can’t pretend as if I don’t see it. It affects me very much. For some reason, there’s a certain part of my concert where I break down in every show and in that spot I get a certain thought – I think of the plight of the children and it gets me every time. I don’t know why in that place. It’s during ‘I’ll Be There’, the thoughts just come to me and I try hard to contain myself.”

Source: http://books.google.ro/books?id=Yn8...age&q=michael jackson the king of pop&f=false

Alma;3065197 said:
Michael says in the above-mentioned interview (for those who believe him, that is):

“Being a world traveler, I’m touched and moved by everything that happens, especially to children. It gets me emotionally sick and I go through a lot of pain when I see that type of pain. I can’t pretend as if I don’t see it. It affects me very much. For some reason, there’s a certain part of my concert where I break down in every show and in that spot I get a certain thought – I think of the plight of the children and it gets me every time. I don’t know why in that place. It’s during ‘I’ll Be There’, the thoughts just come to me and I try hard to contain myself.”

Source: http://books.google.ro/books?id=Yn8...age&q=michael jackson the king of pop&f=false
:heart:

:girl_in_love:

Mj was such a beautiful human being and a loving soul..it just hit me that many people mispotrayed him.i never get the chance to meet him to tell him how much of a blessed person he was..he was very determined to share his good fortune with others and give love through his art.he strove so hard for people to understand him but we fans simply understood him more than anyone else eventhough we couldnt do much.rest in peace mj..i luv u

Back