MJ Could Make HIStory Again

So wouldn't 2010 be 6 consecutive decades? 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s.... that's already five. 2010 would mean six consecutive, unless I'm missing something....

So wouldn't 2010 be 6 consecutive decades? 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s.... that's already five. 2010 would mean six consecutive, unless I'm missing something....

I think 2011 wud be the New decade.

Eitherways if this Album is No-1 during the 1st week of Jan, then it wud definately be 6 Decades..

My predication is that this will hit No-1 in December, then might drops 1 or 2 positions in the following week.
But I think will go back to No-1 again when the 2nd single comes out.

Last edited:
Make that 6 decades... coz in a matter of days we will be in the next decade.

If the Album tops the charts for just more than 3 weeks, then Mike wud be number-1 in 2011 too.

Even if this Album does'nt go that far, im sure the next album wen ever it comes out will top the charts..

So 6 Decades...........................

Em, I don't think so, because as far I understand it 2010 already is a new decade. You see, it's counted from 2000-2009 and he already has a number 1 album in this decade - it's Invincible. The new decade is counted from 2010-2019.

Without checking it I remember Michael had a number one in the:
1970's, 1980's, 1990's and in the 2000's, which makes it 4 decades. And I'm pretty sure Michael will be number one again, also in the USA, where I suppose it counts the most.

That record would and will be amazing. Does anyone know the closest record right now? Maybe The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney?

I'm not sure he had a number 1 in the 1960's. I believe the first album at Motown was released very late in 1969, but it didn't manage to get to number 1 right away. At least that's how I remember it.

Michael Jackson has number 1 albums in 3 consecutive decade in Usa and UK(unfortunately "Off the wall "wasn't number 1 in those countries) but he has number one albums in 4 consecutive decade in Australia("Off the Wall" was number one there)

Mj can become the first artist to have number 1 albums in at least 4 consecutive decade at the time in UK and Usa .
(Rolling Stones,Kyllie Minogue ,Abba,Paul Simon,Cliff Richard have number one albums in 4 consecutive decade in UK but not in Usa.)

It is really possible.Let's do it because Michael could make History again!

Last edited:
Yeah, im definately definately buying it now.

He didn't have #1 solo album in 1970's (not in US, neither in UK), am I right? But his best solo albums were Ben (#5 in US, #17 in UK) and Off The Wall (#3 in US, #5 in UK). All his other solo albums were out of TOP10. Neither Jackson 5 or Jacksons did have any #1 albums in 1960's or 1970's, but I think their first album went #1 in R&B and was probably #1 in the end of 1969 and in the beginning of 1970. Probably someone can check it out? I think all his long plays plus some compilations have gone to #1 since Thriller. I am talking about America.

No,he didnt have no 1 album in the sixties
the 1st jackson 5 album released was Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5 in 1969 and it never got to no 1 though it spawned a hit single "I Want You Back" .most of the album tracks were covers.

in regards to mj's solo studio albums
Got to Be There (1972) peaked at no 12

ben[1972] peaked @ 5

Music & Me (1973)

Forever, Michael (1975) peaked @ 101 on the chart

Off the Wall (1979) peaked @ no 3 on the chart

In short none of mj's [&J5 ]albums reached no 1 before thriller,though most were well received.

Let's make him number 1 again guys. The throne belongs to Michael and no one else.

i've always thought off the was # 1 in the us but still a great accomplishment

awww....I'm glad you changed your mind, but I understand how you were feeling....:)

The good has outweighed the bad, plus you only live once. No point not buying it and sulking in the corner, thats only going to affect me.

Yes, I love this. Make it happen. Even if you don't support some of the tracks on it. Buy it, rip it onto your hard drive, and replace the songs you don't like with ones you do (Blue Gangsta, Slave, etc).

But let's at least make MJ number 1......It's time for more HIStory

Ha Ha the bolded is funny.

He will be Number 1, especially with my favorite Mask on there. You guys worry too much!!!!!!!

He didn't have #1 solo album in 1970's (not in US, neither in UK), am I right? But his best solo albums were Ben (#5 in US, #17 in UK) and Off The Wall (#3 in US, #5 in UK). All his other solo albums were out of TOP10. Neither Jackson 5 or Jacksons did have any #1 albums in 1960's or 1970's, but I think their first album went #1 in R&B and was probably #1 in the end of 1969 and in the beginning of 1970. Probably someone can check it out? I think all his long plays plus some compilations have gone to #1 since Thriller. I am talking about America.
First Jackson 5 album entered R&B album chart (was called Soul Chart in 1970) in January 1970 (actually Billboard issue: January 17th, 1970). It spent 9 weeks at #1.
As solo artist Michael Jackson also scored #1 on Billboard R&B album chart in 1970's with "Off The Wall". So ATM he has #1 R&B albums in US in 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, 2000's.

First Jackson 5 album entered R&B album chart (was called Soul Chart in 1970) in January 1970 (actually Billboard issue: January 17th, 1970). It spent 9 weeks at #1.
As solo artist Michael Jackson also scored #1 on Billboard R&B album chart in 1970's with "Off The Wall". So ATM he has #1 R&B albums in US in 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, 2000's.

thanks 4 the info :)

Back