MJ called Humberto Gatica for his new album and DVD

Xtarlight and Mpenziwe

Proud Member
Hi there!

Chilean newspaper "El Mercurio" publish today this interesting news. I do my best to translate it to english, sorry if you find something wrong.

Michael Jackson gathers chilean Humberto Gatica for his new album and DVD

The singer did contact Humberto Gatica, nephew of singer Lucho Gatica and famous international producer, to be part of the staff for his comeback.

While half of the planet want to find out how many shows will do Michael Jackson in his London comeback, Humberto Gatica has other worries with the singer. Almost the opposite: the trust, the friendship, the future and the sons. This is what they speak each other about three weeks ago, when the artist phoned the most powerfull chilean producer to his personal phone number, the man who works in the thecnical staff headed by Quincy
Jones and the staff who worked in the essentials "Thriller" (1982) and "Bad" (1987).

The Jackson phone call has another plan for him. The most personal and secret projetc about his comeback, which nobody knows muchs at this stage: to go back to the recording studio for his new album and to film some of the London shows for a new DVD.

"He called because we know each other and because he trust me. He want me to go back to work with him and to be part of his team. Today everybody have doubts about him; at the same time, he doesn't trust nobody and he's in contact again with his circle of partners which he felt safe, with the ones which he spent his best time in the old scholl, altough there's no much left. He wants to feel protected again" says Gatica, in our phone conversation from Capitol Records studios in Los Angeles, where he's working on Michael Bublé's new album.

Gatica adds: "We have to see how everything is going forward, because Jackson's new album will be amazing, but is also an work that takes so much for him and perhaps a pretentious work. He had worked for a long time in songs and he doesn't know if spend his free days between the shows re-worked them or to wait for the fresh popular image he will regain with his comeback".

Gatica will travel to London to see some of the shows and he's thinking about to spend some weeks there to work in the recording of the shows. "His entire team, dancers, chorus, and sound engineers has rented houses to live in London. Nobody will stay at hotels. Maybe I will join them", said.

He also has worked for Celine Dion or Andrea Bocelli and has defend the amercian singer. Indeed he did accept to work in his last fiascos: "Invincible" (2001), his last album, and the never released song for the victims of Katrina hurricane back in 2005.

That's why he has a unique privilege: to know from the own words of the singer his feelings about the 50 shows. Gatica reveals: "I find him really fast, very clear, very sharp, really focused on the shows. I have no doubt he's algo phisically fit, because he's a perfectionist. He wants to tour in Europe after that. We also talk about sons, family and hollidays. I felt him relaxed".

Gatica has it clear: while everyone thinks in another letdown, the former king of pop is convinced in the vitory.

[MJHideOut.com / El Mercurio]

http://diario.elmercurio.com/2009/06/07/espectaculos/espectaculos/noticias/C757328D-E4F8-4474-B58F-1DC0BBAC520C.htm?id={C757328D-E4F8-4474-B58F-1DC0BBAC520C}

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. So it looks like a new album is on its way.

OMG THIS IS SO EXCITING.New album . dvd . video clip . tour in Europe. - I'm dying!

OMG this is so great!!! I give many thanks to the threadstarter:) I have translated my mother tongue into English many times, so I know how hard it can be to translate something like this article.

They seem to be tight personally beyond work relationship and it sounds good cuz the process can be fun and the outcome can be better working with a person who you can consider as a close friend.

This is what they speak each other about three weeks ago, when the artist phoned the most powerfull chilean producer to his personal phone number, the man who works in the thecnical staff headed by Quincy Jones and the staff who worked in the essentials "Thriller" (1982) and "Bad" (1987).

The Jackson phone call has another plan for him. The most personal and secret projetc about his comeback, which nobody knows muchs at this stage: to go back to the recording studio for his new album and to film some of the London shows for a new DVD.
About 3 weeks ago! Then, it was recently that they discussed the new album:clap:

Wow this is cool!
He wants to do europe next? cool!
Lets see and wait whats gonna happend :)

New album, new DVD, european tour....sounds really good!!

Gracias amigo! :)

Sounds promising, although an album seems far away, maybe 2010, 2011. So Michael wasn't happy what he have done so far then. Hmm interesting.

Sounds promising, although an album seems far away, maybe 2010, 2011. So Michael wasn't happy what he have done so far then. Hmm interesting.

i dont agree. i think the album - IF there will be a new one - will come out sooner than you expect. cuz he has to use the hype about him now to promote that album. it wouldnt make sense to release it in 2 years time

Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like good times are ahead.

what sort of stuff did this guy do for mj in the past?

Europe next?! Come to Denmark Michael.. we'll give you more cake! ;)

This is really exciting news. Im all hyped up now! Thanks so much for sharing! :D

Somehow i really doubt the concert stuff though. The O2 shows haven't even started yet. And let's not forget dude is doing 50 shows!!!!!! So let's just wait and see how everything will turn out....

Europe next?! Come to Denmark Michael.. we'll give you more cake! ;)

This is really exciting news. Im all hyped up now! Thanks so much for sharing! :D

Ha ha ha...nice bribe...

But ya'll know he need to perform in the states:punk:Imma keep saying it til I hear an announcement that he's doing it: C'mon, Mike. Come to the U.S.!!!We love ya,man. WE NEED YOU. Show all these chump performers why you IS da KING...

Somehow i really doubt the concert stuff though. The O2 shows haven't even started yet. And let's not forget dude is doing 50 shows!!!!!! So let's just wait and see how everything will turn out....

party pooper:ph34r:...now I have to face reality...:doh:

"He called because we know each other and because he trust me. He want me to go back to work with him and to be part of his team. Today everybody have doubts about him; at the same time, he doesn't trust nobody and he's in contact again with his circle of partners which he felt safe, with the ones which he spent his best time in the old scholl, altough there's no much left. He wants to feel protected again" says Gatica,

Interesting bit. The trust and doubts issues are a bummer, but knowing he's creating a space where he feels safe and protected sounds promising.
Thanks for posting Xtarlight. Nice read. :flowers:

One thing thats strikes me, is that he is using his old team, his trusted and experienced guys, this is what he does when he is in final production of album, if you think that he has not been making new material then you must be mad.

Terry

party pooper:ph34r:...now I have to face reality...:doh:

I always say...you have to stay realistic, stay thinking real :), just to avoid any dissapointment. I really want to be like "OMFG, a new album on its way" but we all know the man is a perfectionist and it's very very unsure when we're ever gonna hear some new material .

One thing thats strikes me, is that he is using his old team, his trusted and experienced guys, this is what he does when he is in final production of album, if you think that he has not been making new material then you must be mad.

Terry

Of course he's been making new material....like he said it himself ...'all the time' ..but he just doesn't release it ...but like you said..using his old team. Who knows...maybe finally a new cd coming, but not getting my hopes up. Just gonna wait and see what happens...it would be awesome though...there's barely any hype or news about a album...and he might already be in the final stages of finishing it....let's wait.

Back