Mj at elvis tribute 94

^ Didn't he say he never even heard that song until after releasing his own song of the same name? :lol:

I love how Michael subtly put himself above Elvis almost every chance he got and outright stated that Elvis wasn't influencial to him. It made me happy.

If only they would have shown MJ watching him in the audience OMG ! that would rule

I always loved this performance of If I Can Dream.

Also, MJ and John Stamos in the same venue and both getting considerable screen time is mind-blowing. So much awesomeness on one screen.

Thanks! Loved it. It made me cringe seeing him so close to his mother-in-law. I could tell that wasn't the most comfortable situation.

Thanks! Loved it. It made me cringe seeing him so close to his mother-in-law. I could tell that wasn't the most comfortable situation.

i know when i first saw this i though she looked kind of pissed here

^ Didn't he say he never even heard that song until after releasing his own song of the same name? :lol:

I love how Michael subtly put himself above Elvis almost every chance he got and outright stated that Elvis wasn't influencial to him. It made me happy.

I don't think Elvis was influential on him in a musical, artistic sense. In that sense he had other influences, like James Brown, Jackie Wilson and so on. But I think he was very much interested in Elvis in terms of a phenomenon and how the Elvis phenomenon relates to his own. He had a lot of books on Elvis (and the Beatles and John Lennon as well, BTW).

From the vid here,you can tell Priscilla is pissed Michael got more love than them two & the tribute combined

I don't think Elvis was influential on him in a musical, artistic sense. In that sense he had other influences, like James Brown, Jackie Wilson and so on. But I think he was very much interested in Elvis in terms of a phenomenon and how the Elvis phenomenon relates to his own. He had a lot of books on Elvis (and the Beatles and John Lennon as well, BTW).

True. Michael talks about this in "Moonwalk".
There was one exception: "Heartbreak Hotel". I swear that was a phrase that came out of my head and I wasn't thinking of any other song when I wrote it. The record company printed it on the cover as "The Place Hotel", because of the Elvis Presley connection. As important as he was to music, black as well as white, he just wasn't an influence on me. I guess he was too early for me. Mybe it was timing more than anything else. - MJ, Moonwalk 1988

i know when i first saw this i though she looked kind of pissed here

i know. cringe city.

Probably couldn't take the fact that everyone was screaming for Michael instead of............(fill in the blanks).....!!!!!!!!

But in all fairness, the death for Elvis was big to say the least..............But Michael came and his music helped the people and the Music Industry move on from Elvis' passing.........!!!!!!!!

I have a feeling that Priscilla never liked Michael.

That's because she never did! She thought he was a freak didn't even tell her daughter MJ was interested in her since she was 18! Which would be since the late 80's!

She thought he wanted to be like Elvis! She said he copied Elvis by calling his home Neverland because Elvis house was called Graceland! I guess I can say then that Elvis copied Disneyland and Ireland, if we gonna accuse people of combining words with land! LMAO! She even said he copied Elvis with the King Of Pop title because Elvis is is sometimes called the King of rock! LOL Again, does she think Elvis own the word king too? o_O LMAO!

She said MJ only married Lisa because of Elvis and wanted kids for that reason! If that was true why have kids with Debbie and how about his last kid mother?! Like come on! MJ just simply wanted kids period! She is just jealous that MJ became bigger then Elvis! Oh well Priscella, deal with it!

She should be over this already anyways but, no she said this after yrs of her daughter being divorce with MJ on a magazine and on Oprah! o_O Like seriously how pathetic! lol

I always thought MJ & LMP's display of affection at that show was really cute =P. Probably why Priscilla was pissed...she was probably thinking I know you're my son-in-law, but quit snogging my daughter in front of everyone or I'm gonna get up and leave right now! He looks so shy though!

And John Stamos...it's kind of ironic he's there lol. I remember watching all those Full House episodes, and it always seemed that if Elvis had a daughter, he'd be the first one to marry her (that's what I thought when I was little, I didn't even know about Lisa until I knew about MJ). Now that I think of it, Lori Loughlin did kind of look like LMP back then...

And did you guys notice, the applause is way louder for Lisa than it is for Priscilla =O

^ I didn't make the Elvis/Uncle Jesse connection until just now. Dude was obssessssed on Full House lol.

Thanks, I had never seen this before. I love how Michael attempts to keep the attention off of himself, it shows he wasn't just there as Lisa's guest, but an admirer of Elvis and his contributions.

^ I didn't make the Elvis/Uncle Jesse connection until just now. Dude was obssessssed on Full House lol.

Yeah, but he did a great job in that role. I can't think of anyone else playing the part of an Elvis wanna be. He had the hair for it too =). "Nah nah nah...don't DON'T touch the hair!" =P

although john stamos (uncle jessie) is obsessed with elvis presley in real life too, i forgive him

this is my first time seeing this

Thanks for posting this. I've seen this before,there used to be more clips of this. I think that this is a wonderful moment captured on film and they all seem happy & the crowd is very supportive & happy. I love seeing people smile & laugh.

Last edited:
Different men, different generations, different styles and completely different lives, yet the music industry used used them up and spat them out-and many others as well-it makes me wonder if we will ever learn. There has to be a better way.

Back