and especially gone too soon. the lyrics:
Born To Amuse, To Inspire, To Delight
Here One Day
Gone One Night

they are just too much.

I've already mentioned GTS, SOOML and Smile but I should add this:

Hold My Hand:
This life don't last forever

When I listened to Hold My Hand in the early Summer of 2008, I had no idea the lyrics would have a completely different meaning to me just one year later. :(

not cry just feel sad :blush:

Fall Again
Smile
Gone Too Soon
Someone In The Dark
One Day In Your Life
With A Child's Heart

I find Fall Again is very sad particularly "I can die in my sleep" but it is a very beautiful song. Don't walk away is sad too as he sounds so emotional in it.

The Acapella of "Who Is It".
And the end of one Earth Song perfomance in 1995 (can't remeber which one) where he's getting hugged by some people and tells the audience, how fast the rainforest is being cut and how many children die every day. Such a pain in his voice.

Gone Too Soon
Be Not Always (The Jacksons)
Time Waits For No one (The Jacksons)
She's Out Of My Life

Gone Too Soon. It's the only song of Michael's I just cannot listen to now. I just can't even bring myself to listen to it, it's too painful.

saddest songs for me are Heaven can wait and Gone to soon.
I listen to dangerous and invincible album a lot but not these 2 songs.
They´re good songs but it´s to much for me

"Earth Song" is for me by far the saddest song. Just the helplessness of every "What about" line, caring so deeply about something but ultimately nothing is being done about these important causes. The chorus gets me every time. "Tell me what about it" is at the end of Brunei is perfectly fitting, as it's an issue that the people responsible will not talk about. :(

Last edited:
Definitely "Be Not Always", this has to be the saddest most depressive song I've ever heard, even MJ's voice is like, stuck in a black hole and trying to get out, it's terribly disturbing emotionally.

Childhood is a high/low, the text is really sad, but you have those parts where he sings who he really is, and it makes you fly.

Michael's saddest song is STRANGER IN MOSCOW for me,it touches me,i can feel his "LONELY"
other like:I'll be there,You are not alone,Will you be there,Earth song......etc
sometimes each song sounds all makes me very sad!

Definitely "Be Not Always", this has to be the saddest most depressive song I've ever heard, even MJ's voice is like, stuck in a black hole and trying to get out, it's terribly disturbing emotionally.

You're right, this song is overwhelming.
Everytime I listen to Be Not Always I feel that I must not even breathe in order not to disturb the perfection of this song.His voice sounds so close like he whispers in my hear making the message much stronger.I can literally feel his pain.

I cannot listen to Gone Too Soon. I probably never will again. It was sad enough before, but now... Stranger in Moscow, Little Susie, Morphine, Who Is It, Be Not Always, they all get to me, too. I also find the duet he did with Carole Bayer Sager, Just Friends, to be particularly sad.

Ben
One day in your life
Speechless
Fall again
Hold my hand

But almost anything, on the right (wrong!) day

Ben - but as you can see from my siggy it is a predjudice choice as I love small furries aka rattie babys :)

Last edited:
*Stranger In Moscow
*Earth Song
*Someone In The Dark
*Music And Me (don't know why, it just triggers sad emotions in me)
*Will You Be There

Not saying I cry EVERY time I listen to these songs, but they do move me deeply every time. Someone In The Dark is especially heart-wrenching.. As a teenager I used to listen to it in the dark at night and feel this special connection to Michael. Even though I never got to know him, he was my someone in the dark..

"All alone wishing on stars
Waiting for you to find me
One sweet night I knew I would see
A stranger who'd be my friend

When someone in the dark reaches out to you
And touches off a spark that comes shining through
It tells you never be afraid
Then somewhere in your heart you can feel the glow
A light to keep you warm when the night winds blow
Like it was written in the stars I knew
My friend, my someone in the dark was you

Promise me we'll always be
Walking the world together
Hand in hand where dreams never end
My star secret friend and me

When someone in the dark reaches out to you
Look for the rainbow in the sky
I believe you and I
Could never really say goodbye

Wherever you may be
I'll look up and see
Someone in the dark for me
Wherever you may be
I'll look up and see

Though you're gone star far away
Each time I see a rainbow
I'll remember being with you
Smiles coming through my tears

When someone in the dark reaches out for you
Look for the rainbow in the sky
I believe you and I
Could never really say goodbye
Wherever you may be
I'll look up and see
Wherever you may be
I'll look up and see
Someone in the dark for me"

I miss him so much.. I can't believe he's gone forever :cry: I'll be looking for that rainbow, Michael :heart:

Wow... sometimes you forget all the amazing songs until you read something like this!

When i read the thread title, the first song that came to mind was "Be not always" but reading through this, I would say my top five have to be....

Be not always
Will you be there (the speech bit is my defining moment of the memorial service)
Music and me
With a childs heart (Always gives me strength to get through the day)
Someone in the dark

In no particular order x x

Hold My Hand (I have to leave stores that play it so I don't embarrass myself by sobbing)
Gone Too Soon (It makes me think how he died too soon)
Smile
Man In The Mirror
Childhood

Will You Be There often makes me cry and reminds me of persons i lost especially michael

Back