Michael's Saddest Songs

claudiadoina

Proud Member
I mean those songs that every time you listen you cry.Because of the melody, or the lyrics, the hidden message or just because Michael sings so amazing.
Wich one is for you?

For me is With A Child's Heart.This song touches me every time so deeply that I would cry hours.Even though the lyrics are not Michael's they sound like his lifetime creed.It's like he tried to live his entire life guided by these lyrics.

Others sad, sad, sad songs for me are

Stranger In Moscow
She's Out Of My Life
One More Chance
Little Susie
Gone Too Soon
Heaven Can Wait
Time Waits For No One

Last edited:
lost children sometimes earth song little susie and live this is it i just cant stop loving you

Should it be sung or written by MJ?

A song written solely by MJ I find sad is SiM. Also Childhood.

Smile is not written by MJ, but it is also sad. She's Out Of My Life is also sad.

Be Not Always - amazing song, Michael has such emotion in his voice, it makes me cry
Morphine - I can literally feel his pain

I think :thinking: Don't walk away...Someone put your hand out, Childhood...
and Heaven Can Wait, I actually find it emotionally impossible to hear that song.

Be Not Always is a very good choice too. So very sad.

Be not always (it made me cry) but back in 2009, childhood was the saddest song from me, then gone too soon and earth

Little Susie, Be Not Always, Gone Too Soon, Childhood, Stranger in Moscow, Morphine, Earth Song ...his live bit at the end of the Royal Brunei performance...his voice is so powerful, but he sounds in agony as well, so much emotion....even this one 'oooowwwww' he does, the audience is very quiet at this point and his voice echoes and he sounds in so much agony....it's just heartbreaking, and the message gets across very effectively...

Michael has many sad songs and powerful songs such as She's Out Of My Life and Gone Too Soon but the only one that has me in tears is Smile.

In SOOML and GTS, these are the parts that almost bring me to tears:

She's Out Of My Life:
Kept my love for her locked deep inside

Gone Too Soon:
Born To Amuse, To Inspire, To Delight
Here One Day
Gone One Night

I think Speechless is a pretty bittersweet song. But Will you be there, Shes out of my life, and Gone too soon/Much too soon.

With a Child's Heart. Makes me cry every single time. Gone too soon, Be Not Always (I actually can't listen to this song because it's too much :() Stranger in Moscow, This Is It :(, Don't Walk Away and for some reason Say Say Say really depresses me.

Three songs

Stranger In Mosocow
Is It Scary
With A Child's Heart

These three songs stands out the most to me!

Michael has many sad songs and powerful songs such as She's Out Of My Life and Gone Too Soon but the only one that has me in tears is Smile.

In SOOML and GTS, these are the parts that almost bring me to tears:

She's Out Of My Life:
Kept my love for her locked deep inside

Gone Too Soon:
Born To Amuse, To Inspire, To Delight
Here One Day
Gone One Night

after MJ died these lines is unbearable for me.

It's like the song is all about MJ himself really.

Stranger In Moscow
Scared Of The Moon
Don't Walk Away
You Are Not Alone
She's Out Of My Life
Will You Be There (esp. spoken part)

Just some that come to mind :)

I've always found "Who Is It" to be rather melancholy, but so so melodic at the same time.

Oh yea, and the part in "Morphine", "Relax. I won't hurt you..."

And the speech in "Will You Be There".

Last edited:
for me it's

Hold my hand - i wanna die anytime i listen to it.
Much too Soon - oh the melancholic voice of Him. :cry:
This is it - i go all the way back to the first day.
Don't Walk away :cry:
Who is it - who could have done this to Him?
Gone Too Soon - i do not even dare to listen to it since ...

and

The Lost CHilDReN - i get a lump in my throat anytime i listen to it.
Little Susie

Back