Michael's Most Underatted Album

He said Invincible is his best and yet it is the most underrated. Go figure.

BOTDF is massively underrated. It sold well as a remix album, but yes, it should have been sold as an EP. Five epic songs right there. (you are not alone classic club mix is awesome by the way) Dangerous is overlooked as a whole album. BOW is obviously well known, but there are 14 fantastic songs on that album. HStory too has some genius throughout, but again, not many people would necessarily be aware of them. Basically, Dangerous onwards.

HIStory is unterratted, but so is Invincible. I also think that many forget the 5 songs on the Blood On The Dancefloor album, they re amazing!

He said Invincible is his best and yet it is the most underrated. Go figure.

When did he say that? If it was at the time of the album release then yeah he is gonna say something like that to get people excited into buying the album. I'm sure that Mike loved all of his albums equally

Dangerous. It's his best album IMO. Fan polls usually agree however critics overlook it completely (as anything post 80s BTW).

My fave album is Bad, for many, many reasons i won't get into now. But Dangerous is his best, by far. The mixing, the production, the experimentation and most of all, the vocals, are all vastly superior to the previous solo efforts. Give In To Me in particular stands out as a way better rock song than Beat It and Dirty Diana.

Dangerous. It's his best album IMO. Fan polls usually agree however critics overlook it completely (as anything post 80s BTW).

It is unbelievable that Dangerous was released 20 YEARS AGO, isn't it?Just wow!!

It sounds fresher and more advanced than a LOT of current albums.

It is unbelievable that Dangerous was released 20 YEARS AGO, isn't it?Just wow!!

It sounds fresher and more advanced than a LOT of current albums.

In a few years from now all the stuff that's in the mainstream charts right now like Kesha and The Black Eyed Peas is gonna sound outdated but Dangerous never ages. It's timeless

Infact i'd say that the 00's could become the most outdated decade ever for music. Why? Because there was no melody/very little melody in alot of the music. 00's seemed to be all about ''the hot beats'' and yeah having a good beat is fine but it's the melodies that are timeless and will last a life time. The beat of the moment can become outdated in a few years but the melodies are timeless.

People call 80's music outdated and yeah the instruments that are used (Synthersizers) may sound retro but today the melodies that were used in those songs still sound as fresh as ever

Last edited:
For me I think Invincible is. The album itself is probably my favourite MJ album! (although it changes all the time) Speechless, Butterflies, You Are My Life, Heaven Can Wait, Break Of Dawn, Threatened, Unbreakable they are all amazing, if you look back at the kind of music that was coming out back in 2001, Invincible was on another planet! If only it got the justice it deserved...

In a few years from now all the stuff that's in the mainstream charts right now like Kesha and The Black Eyed Peas is gonna sound outdated but Dangerous never ages. It's timeless

Infact i'd say that the 00's could become the most outdated decade ever for music. Why? Because there was no melody/very little melody in alot of the music. 00's seemed to be all about ''the hot beats'' and yeah having a good beat is fine but it's the melodies that are timeless and will last a life time. The beat of the moment can become outdated in a few years but the melodies are timeless.

People call 80's music outdated and yeah the instruments that are used (Synthersizers) may sound retro but today the melodies that were used in those songs still sound as fresh as ever

That's very true. I cannot see an artist on today's market who won't sound totally outdated in 10 years. That includes the overhyped and overrated Lady Gaga as well.

Invincible for sure. How can an album sell over 10,000,000 copies and be called a failure? It deserved to be named album of the decade.

When did he say that? If it was at the time of the album release then yeah he is gonna say something like that to get people excited into buying the album. I'm sure that Mike loved all of his albums equally

Maybe. But I could feel something more than the usual pr on his part, saying something to the effect that he put all his heart and soul into it and that it is his longest album that had as much as 16 songs in it. If for anything else, it is certainly the album that had the most bang for the buck.

Back