Michael's Most Underatted Album

MJBT

Proud Member
One Thing that always gets on my nerves is when so called fans and critics only acknowledge the big 3:

Off The Wall
Thriller
Bad

But the boat stops there they never talk about Dangerous which is unfairly overlooked because of the bogus allegations in 1993 and many focused on the personal stuff instead of the music. Dangerous is a masterpiece with some of his greatest and most overlooked songs Like "Why You Wanna Trip On Me"

Subsquently every album released after has been ignored leaving HIStory past present and future, Blood On The Dance Floor and his final and most overlooked album Invincible.

So which album do you think is the most underatted?

Probably Blood On The Dance Floor. Alot of people seem to dismiss this album because of the remixes on there but those 5 original tracks are materpieces. I always prefer to look at Blood On The Dance Floor as an EP instead of a remix album.

Invincible hands down. I even underestimated its beauty until I forced myself down and listened to it from start to finish. It's a wonderful album! Blood on the Dancefloor seems relatively unknown to non-fans it seems.. it's never mentioned which is a shame because those first 5 songs are amazing.

All albums after the Bad album are underrated in my opinion.

I feel that Bad is also a tad underrated, not as much as the albums after it but i do think it's a little bit underrated because people view it as the album that followed Thriller and how it could never reach Thriller's greatness. I disagree with that because i think that Bad is better than Thriller

Probably Blood On The Dance Floor. Alot of people seem to dismiss this album because of the remixes on there but those 5 original tracks are materpieces. I always prefer to look at Blood On The Dance Floor as an EP instead of a remix album.

I think we all should look at BOTDF as an EP :yes:

Last edited:
The 5 songs on BOTDF are underrated. - 5 perfect songs. I don't like the remixes though!

And of course Invincible.

I do agree that BOTDF and Invincible are the most underrated albums and not only underrated but I believe that are even unknown by the general public.

But I must say that in my opinion all Michael's albums , besides perhaps Thriller , aren't rated at their true value.

Have you guys noticed that the official site has a poll, where you can vote for your favourite album, and Dangerous isn't in it?

For underated album I would say invincible - it never got the credit it deserved, just short after (while invincible should still have been promoted) Justin Timberlake had a huge hit with an album celebrating the same sound. They should have been fighting the same chartpositions, but justin got a lot af credit, and Michaels album wasn't promoted - when we finally got something we got cry released as a single. damn! not the right time for that to be released even though its a good song. wrong choise in my opinion and the album went totally forgotten way too fast by the general public

AndreyZidane™;3350634 said:
Invincible, no doubt about it. After the little to no promotion at all, I'm really surprised when non MJ fans even know it exists.

Blame it on Sony. :smilerolleyes:

Dangerous purely because it is rarely spoken of alongside Off The Wall - Thriller - Bad, which is a shame because artistically the album is much stronger than all 3.

Dangerous. I think it's far better than Thriller, love every song on the Dangerous album and it has songs that critics overlook like Why You Wanna Trip On Me, Who Is It, Jam, Dangerous etc....

Of course, Invincible is very underrated, I think it was given crap reviews because they expected far too much from him after the success of his other albums. I.E Bad & Thriller

I think the most underrated MJ album ever must be History! Us fans always pay respects to albums such as, Invincible and dangerous (IMO best album ever) even BOTD, but history are hardly ever mentioned. Songs like butterflies and whatever happens or speechless or break of dawn gets mentioned alot here, but songs like, tabloid junkie, DS, Money or stranger in moscow dosent get much recognition at all.

'Forever Michael', definitely. ...Then "Music and Me", "Blood On The Dancefloor", "Invincible", "HIStory" and "Dangerous", in my view. ..

Last edited:
Invincible for sure :/ Its such a beautiful album but lots of people haven't even heard of it..

I think it's Invincible. Most people, and even fans have never heard it. They don't appreciate it, don't know why.
I love this album. My most beloved song is Cry. Break of Dawn, Don't walk away, Speechless, 2000 Watts are also great songs. Every single song on this album is absolutely wonderful. I love it, it's very special.

I'd have to say HIStory. Ppl seem to forget about the second disc all the time, especially after they re-released only the 1st disc (i wish they would release the 2nd disc alone) Yet it contains some of his greatest works. TDCAU, SiM, Tabloid Junkie, 2 Bad, all amazing songs.
Invincible is also underated, even by myself. Infact, if i'm honest, for years i only listen to 3/4 songs from it (Unbreakable, Whatever Happens, Threatened and Don't Walk Away) the rest bored me or made me cringe (i still don't like lost children or u are my life =\ ) But in recent years i have found myself listening to it a lot more, and it feels modern now, yet felt odd at the time, leading me to think it wasa little ahead of its time in 2000.

Dangerous seems so underrated to me ... and it's my favourite album too. "/

The songs are fantastic, especially Heal the World and Give In To Me, and they make the album something special but it just seems to get so overlooked. =[

'Off The Wall' (1979).

No album has ever had more positive energy and been as enthusiastic, from beginning to end it's a superb piece of 1970's Soul, Dance and Pop music.

Marty In LA

'Off The Wall' (1979).

No album has ever had more positive energy and been as enthusiastic, from beginning to end it's a superb piece of 1970's Soul, Dance and Pop music.

Marty In LA

I wouldn't say that Off The Wall is underrated. Infact most of the mainstream artist of today who are influnced by Michael often say Off The Wall is their favorite MJ album

Got To Be There, Ben, Music and Me, Forever Michael and Farewell My Summer Love

definitely blood on the dance floor. many ppl ignore that album but i love ghosts n is it scary in that

Back