Michael's induction into The R&B Hall Of Fame / Bio Update confirmed. Pg 2

It's very weird that the person who runs their facebook is illiterate.
And that Michael hadn't been inducted during his lifetime. When was this Hall of Fame established?

I know most people here don't believe me, but I believe if you logged into their Facebook account to leave feedback, you may get your Facebook account hacked if you don't take precautions to change your password, etc.

There is no way that is a legitimate 'Hall of Fame'. The spelling and grammer is bad, and they never would have made the comments they did.

Someone is playing tricks. Plus, my antivirus software tells me it's a malicious site.

So how they got their info was typical ''copy and paste'' laziness

I am glad they are changing it.
I know, right?! Even a copy and paste should have been read by the "paster".
It was plain to see that the bio they used was so not necessary, and irrelevant.

I'm happy they responded to our wishes too.

Billyworld, thanks and how appropriate they started the segment
with Ms.Franklin's "R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Damn right!;)

I know they are just starting,but I hope they will show more professionalism from now on.
I'm glad they were willing to admit their mistake and promptly change the bio,but it should never have happened.

This is the new one :

MIcheal Joseph Jackson - (August 29 1958 - June 25, 2009) was an American recording artist, entertainer and businessman. Often referred to as the King of Pop, or by his initials MJ, Jackson is recognized as the most successful entertainer of all time by Guinness World Records. His unparalleled contributions to music, dance, and fashion, along with a much-publicized personal life, made him a global figure in popular culture for over four decades. The seventh child of the Jackson family, he debuted on the professional music scene along with his brothers as a member of The Jackson 5 in 1964, and began his solo career in 1971.

In the early 1980s, Jackson became a dominant figure in popular music. The music videos for his songs, including those of "Beat It", "Billie Jean", and "Thriller", were credited with breaking down racial barriers and transforming the medium into an art form and promotional tool. The popularity of these videos helped to bring the then relatively new television channel MTV to fame. With videos such as "Black or White" and "Scream" he continued to innovate the medium throughout the 1990s, as well as forging a reputation as a touring solo artist. Through stage and video performances, Jackson popularized a number of complicated dance techniques, such as the robot, and the moonwalk, to which he gave the name. His distinctive sound and style has influenced numerous hip hop, post-disco, contemporary R&B, pop and rock artists.

Jackson's 1982 album Thriller is the best-selling album of all time. His other records, including Off the Wall (1979), Bad (1987), Dangerous (1991), and HIStory (1995), also rank among the world's best-selling. Jackson is one of the few artists to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice. He was also inducted into the Dance Hall of Fame as the first and only dancer from pop and rock music. Some of his other achievements include multiple Guinness World Records; 13 Grammy Awards as well as the Grammy Legend Award and the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award; 26 American Music Awards, more than any other artist, including the "Artist of the Century" and "Artist of the 1980s"; 13 number-one singles in the United States in his solo career, more than any other male artist in the Hot 100 era; and the estimated sale of over 750 million records worldwide. Jackson won hundreds of awards, which made him the most-awarded recording artist in the history of popular music.

He was also one of the world's most prominent humanitarians and philanthropists; personally, and through his Heal the World Foundation, he donated more than $300 million in charity, holds the Guinness World Record for having supported the most charities out of any pop star.

Note they still misspell his name.It's surprising how many people do this,actually,considering it's not an uncommon name :mello:

They also posted this on FB :

BimJl.jpg

MICHAEL JACKSON WILL BE INDICTED TO THE R&B HALL MAY 5, 2013.

English is not my 1st language,but shouldn't that be inducted?

I think they have good intentions and a good attitude,but they should work in how they present themselves and the info on their pages if they wish to be viewed as a serious institution.

There is no way that is a legitimate 'Hall of Fame'. The spelling and grammer is bad, and they never would have made the comments they did.

Someone is playing tricks. Plus, my antivirus software tells me it's a malicious site.

Agree. This isn't a bona fida enterprise - it's a mobile lorry rolling around the usa looking to set up some permanent museum. After that contemptible stuff they posted about mj, i don't see why a mj fan board shd be giving this tacky enterprise any publicity.

I took a look at their site the other day and also the video on You Tube and I was going to send them a protest message. But now after reading the comments, I'm inclined to agree that it might be a phishing site or something worse. Or maybe just really new to all of this?
I am glad they rewrote Michael's bio (esp after I read the other ones) but they need to fix the SPELLING of his name (that just drives me crazy)

The power of Michael's Army of Love! Beware, we are watching you and will fight for MJ's good name.

Michael's army of love strikes again indeed! Wow- I am sooo grateful to all the fans. You are just amazing- I am honored to be part of this great community. This is why Michael always loved and respected his fans. :clapping:

So how they got their info was typical ''copy and paste'' laziness

Well that just shows you the type of business the R&B Hall of Fame will be. What organization like this will not contact key individuals to get a good bio of Michael? How about asking his estate for a bio? To go to the internet looking at questionable sites/publications to get a bio of Michael when they have people who can give them accurate information shows the caliber of this Hall of Fame.

It seems to me that when you begin a venture you should start off very professionally. I thank them for the correction, but they need to list all aspects of Michael's work that makes him worthy of the Hall of Fame, and not merely focus on Thriller.

Back