Michael's induction into The R&B Hall Of Fame / Bio Update confirmed. Pg 2

billyworld99

Proud Member
following artists have been nominated to be the first Inductees into the R&B Music Hall of Fame. The Induction ceremony is scheduled for

Sunday May 5, 2013 at the Music Hall Auditorium Cleveland, Ohio
5:00pm VIP Reception Show time 7:00pm.

Due to this being our inaugural induction ceremony we are inducting a large class. We know that there are many well deserving individuals that deserve to be recognized so we are in the process of selecting our class for 2014. Our upcoming classes will not be as large and will reflect a larger contribution from individuals that are artist and non-artists to the world of R & B Music.

micheal%20jackson%20bw.jpg

MIcheal Jackson - (August 29 1958 - June 25, 2009) American superstar Michael Jackson was born in Gary, Indiana, on August 29, 1958, and entertained audiences nearly his entire life. His father, Joe Jackson, had been a guitarist but was forced to give up his musical ambitions following his marriage to Katherine (Scruse). Together they prodded their growing family's musical interests at home. By the early 1960s, the older boys Jackie, Tito and Jermaine had begun performing around the city; by 1964, Michael and Marlon had joined in.

A musical prodigy, Michael's singing and dancing talents were amazingly mature, and he soon became the dominant voice and focus of The Jackson 5. An opening act for such soul groups as the O-Jays and James Brown, it was Gladys Knight (not Diana Ross) who officially brought the group to Berry Gordy's attention, and by 1969, the boys were producing back-to-back chart-busting hits as Motown artists ("I Want You Back," "ABC," "Never Can Say Goodbye," "Got to Be There," etc.). As a product of the 1970s, the boys emerged as one of the most accomplished black pop/soul vocal groups in music history, successfully evolving from a group like The Temptations to a disco phenomenon.

Solo success for Michael was inevitable, and by the 1980s, he had become infinitely more popular than his brotherly group. Record sales consistently orbited, culminating in the biggest-selling album of all time, "Thriller" in 1982. A TV natural, he ventured rather uneasily into films, such as playing the Scarecrow in The Wiz (1978), but had much better luck with elaborate music videos.

In the 1990s, the downside as an 1980s pop phenomenon began to rear itself. Michael grew terribly child-like and introverted by his peerless celebrity. A rather timorous, androgynous figure to begin with, his physical appearance began to change drastically, and his behavior grew alarmingly bizarre, making him a consistent target for scandal-making, despite his numerous charitable acts. Two brief marriages -- one to Elvis Presley's daughter Lisa Marie Presley -- were forged and two children produced by his second wife during that time, but the purposes behind them appeared image-oriented. Despite it all, Michael Jackson's passion and artistry as a singer, dancer, writer and businessman are unparalleled, and it is these prodigious talents that will ultimately prevail over the extremely negative aspects of his seriously troubled adult life.

For it all to end on June 25, 2009, with his sudden death at age 50 of a drug-induced cardiac arrest, just as he was coming out of a four-year reclusive period and rehearsing for a sold-out London concert "comeback" in July, seems uncommonly cruel and tragic. Millions upon millions of dedicated fans will remember where they were "the day Michael died.

http://rbhalloffame.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=60

Attention alls fans please request the R&B Hall Of Fame to remove the tabloidish portion of their MJ bio by leaving comments on their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/RbMusicHallOfFameMuseum or on their official website

Re: Michael Jackson To Be Inducted Into The 2013 R&B Hall Of Fame (Fans Request Retraction of MJ B

Where is the group - Jackson5?

And its pretty interesting to read the Whitney Houston bio in comparison with Michaels bio.

For her there are so many, many references to her music/sales records... and for Michael only for Thriller, the biggest selling album, his bio is more focused on private affairs (half of the text), next to/opposite to the WH bio.

:wacko: :blink::doh:

Re: Michael Jackson To Be Inducted Into The 2013 R&B Hall Of Fame (Fans Request Retraction of MJ B

Why in the world would they want comment on anything but his musical and entertainment accomplishments. He is the most worthy of the R&B induction.....Michael's talent surpasses any other performer than I can think of. Its just cruel to put an of that "tabloid" crap in his bio...and disrespectful as well. Michael Jackson was the most exciting entertainer the world has ever seen or ever will see....leave his personal life out of it!! Yes he had problems like anyone else....but look what he was put through practically his entire life by the media and other idiots that only "used" him!! Michael's music was and is some of the most brilliant work done by any artist...listening to him sing is magical for me and millons of other fans. Taking away from that would just be shameful!! Love and Miss you Michael 4ever!!!

I don't like it at all. Michael was the greatest entertainer ever and it should come across that way. Not that.

This bio is judgmental, not objective. It casts blame on Michael, calling him 'alarmingly bizarre,' 'terribly child-like and introverted,' 'a timorous and androgynous figure,' and having his beloved and longed for children was 'image-oriented'????? This bio is disgraceful and insulting. Why not just call him Wacko Jacko and have done with it?? Who wrote this crap? Who are the people behind this?? Sounds like it was written by any old tabloidista.

That bio is ridiculous and disrespectful. They didn't even spell the mans name correctly (Micheal?). They are not worthy of MJ.

OMG they did spell Michael wrong. He deserves better than this.

Everything after this sentence "Solo success for Michael was inevitable," is blatantly disrespectful.
Aren't they suppose to honor Michael's accomplishments? The majority of that article focuses on his personal life.
It's like they set out to tarnish and belittle him and everything he has achieved in his career.

I don't get it. What's the point here? :blink: :angry:

Ok, where's the contact button? They need to set this shiz straight.

That Bio is definitely not worthy of the man. I just added my two cents.

Even the writing style of this "bio" seems amateurish. Who the heck did write this crap?

And the writer can keep his OPINION about whether Michael's behavior was "alarmingly bizarre" or whether his marriages were real or "fake". There is no place for such tabloidish speculations in a biography on a professional music website. (Especially when LMP always stated in no uncertain terms that their marriage was real.)

That was one crappy bio!!!!

Contact button doesn´t work for me.
i was going to write something like this

This R&B hall of fame must be fake.
I don´t think a real hall of fame would write a bio about someone with "facts"from tabloids like you have done with mr Michael Jackson.
It´s a gross distortion of the truth.”

Unfortunately when I click on "Contact Us", nothing comes up to me. But I'd like to send them this:

Dear R&B Hall of Fame,

I am very happy to hear that Michael Jackson is about to introduced to the R&B Hall of Fame, but at the same time I was saddened to see the quality of what you put out as his „biography” on your website. With all other artists you focused on career highlights, mentioned albums, famous songs as it should be on a website that focuses on artists’ careers and music. However in the Jackson article from half-way through your article the focus shifts on tabloid claims, rather than what should matter for a music Hall of Fame: the music.

Whether you think his behavior was "alarmingly bizarre" or not, that’s the author’s personal opinion and such remarks come across as very unprofessional in an article like this. (By the way, the whole writing style of the article comes across as very unprofessional!) It’s something tabloids harp on, not serious music publications. Additionally your writer makes unsupported statements as if they were facts such as that Jackson’s two marriages "were forged". This despite of the fact that his first wife, Lisa Marie Presley told the press numerous times that their marriage was real. In a short professional biography of an artist, the artist’s private life should not matter anyway.

So hereby I respectfully ask you to change the biography and make it more professional with focus on Jackson’s art rather than his private life and tabloid claims.

thanks. message sent.

I honestly think that the Estate should snub that ceremony. The lack of respect is just unacceptable. Plus, this so-called induction is not important in any way. They probably added in MJ there for ratings other than that it really does have very little relevance or significance.

Can the estate with Mrs Jackson and PPB with draw Michael's name? Tell them no thanks.

Last edited:
Re: Michael's induction into The R&B Hall Of Fame and Bio Update confirmed.

The R&B Music Hall Of Fame Museum confirmed that they'll be updating MJ's Bio and they also confirmed Michael along with 8 other artists who will be indicted in The R&B HALL OF FAME through their official Facebook Page.

Here's The Link:- http://www.facebook.com/RbMusicHallOfFameMuseum

#WhosBad

Yes they answered fans request on their FB Page :)

R&B Hall Of Fame said they will replace MJs Bio they got off the internet with a NEW one .
Please thank them for listening to the fans and responding so quickly

R&B Music Hall of Fame Museum
FB fan's of this page. The info on Michael Jackson on the website we got Michael Jackson bio was from the internet.
We will get a new bio up of MJ!

2z5rha8.jpg

So how they got their info was typical ''copy and paste'' laziness

I am glad they are changing it. Sometimes you think that maybe now people will respect Michael more. Then you see these things and it feels like nothing changes. At least they listened and will change it.

They still have some changes to make on the FB page . Whoever runs the face book is not the brightest. But if they make the changes needed Im fine. Everyone makes mistakes... they just need to correct ASAP so Michael can be honored with dignity and respect. No reason to attack or insult those willing to admit mistakes and correct them. I will wait and see and hold them to their word.

A "mistake" that should of never happened. With all that he did for the music industry too. SMH I say they BETTER change it!

Thanks everybody who contacted on them and asked them to change Michael's bio :bow:

Who ever even thought putting that insulting and inappropriate bio of Michael should be fired, or at least made to listen the whole Michael's music catalogue:D

The power of Michael's Army of Love! Beware, we are watching you and will fight for MJ's good name.

I'm really glad they changed the bio. It's so good to see that fans can actually make a difference!

This whole things seems weird to me.

When I try to go to their website, all I get is alarms going off on my anti-virus computer software about being a Malicious website with a virus??? http://rbhalloffame.com/

Are we sure this whole thing is even legit and not some creep getting some laughs.???

And their Facebook page is just bizarre. Why are there no older comments on any of those other artists?? http://www.facebook.com/RbMusicHallOfFameMuseum

And just to set the record straight... this group (if it's even real) has NO affiliation with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland Ohio. Just want to set that straight right now.

Last edited:
Back