Michaels gift to Elizabeth Taylor up for auction in New York.

That is so cute.
She had such an amazing collection of Jewelry and Elizabeth was so generous and a humanitarian in her own right.
OB-QV670_taylor_JV_20111202102121.jpg

It seems all of mjs property is being auctioned ..dont the jacksons want to keep his things in memory of him?

It seems all of mjs property is being auctioned ..dont the jacksons want to keep his things in memory of him?

It wasn't Michael's, it was Elizabeth Taylor's given to her as a gift from Michael :)

Another gift from Michael (from the same website on the 1st post)
OB-QV666_taylor_EA_20111202101033.jpg

What beautiful gifts.......

This makes me sad thinking how all of the thoughtful gifts Michael gave to people are just being auctioned away........

......When Michael died, they stopped being gifts, and started becoming assets!!!!!

But on another reflection...........Elizabeth must of had hundreds of gifts from Michael.........and she never sold any of them while she was alive!!!!

Know it's the thought that counts. I wouldn't wear that ugly necklace set in a million yrs.

As someone points out, this is not MJ's property but a gift to Elizabeth. The gift didn't cease being a gift when MJ died, all gifts are assets if there is a monetary component associated with the gift. And all of Elizabeth's jewelry goes to benefit AmFar for AIDS research according to Elizabeth's wishes expressed in her will.

Why is that everything associated with Michael is getting auctioned as of late? Don't people wanna keep his stuff as a memory or something? Is making money the most important thing for some people?

Why is that everything associated with Michael is getting auctioned as of late? Don't people wanna keep his stuff as a memory or something? Is making money the most important thing for some people?

Well it was given to someone who's also gone... It was only a memory to her I believe. And it's more associated with Liz than with Michael.

I think it was the wish of E. Taylor to sell all her jewlery after her death and a percentage goes to her Aids-charity.

Perhaps it was part of her will?

Guys just remember that Michael was not the only man in Elizabeth Taylor's life. These are not just Michael's "gifts" but also Richard Burton & husbands as well as various directors as "end of picture gifts". Don't make this about Michael when it's not directly anything to do with him. Although the title of this thread is correct the name of the actual article featured is called "Elizabeth Taylor's Jewels, On View at Christie's"

Not my kind of jewelry either. :D But if it's for a good cause, why not? They're both gone... :(

that sounds so odd saying that doesn't it? It doesn't seem like it should be. :( But I agree with you about the jewelery..if it is for good cause,,then I think its ok...:yes:

Guys just remember that Michael was not the only man in Elizabeth Taylor's life. These are not just Michael's "gifts" but also Richard Burton & husbands as well as various directors as "end of picture gifts". Don't make this about Michael when it's not directly anything to do with him. Although the title of this thread is correct the name of the actual article featured is called "Elizabeth Taylor's Jewels, On View at Christie's"

I'm of the same mind as thrillerchild. It is directly about Elizabeth... Not so much about Mike. After he gave this as gifts, it belonged to Elizabeth.

+1 !!!

What Elisabeth's family do with her stuff is no one's bussines no matter who give it to her.
We dont know what her will is, or last wishes, and even thou she didnt had any, the family has every right to do with her things what they think best.
I have no idea why some ppl bealive Taylor family has to give any explanaition for what they do with their property!? Or why they are being judge by their actions when they have every right to do what ever they want? :smilerolleyes:

Last edited:
what a funny looking necklace never seen something like that. wouldnt were it but its great i can imagine liz wearing it :)

Also if the money goes to good charity im all for it

Well it was given to someone who's also gone... It was only a memory to her I believe. And it's more associated with Liz than with Michael.

There are also pieces of jewlery to be auctioned off that were given to Elizabeth by Richard Burton and Mike Todd, so it's not about MJ but Elizabeth. She had an extrodinary life and achieved her fame and fortune on her own long before MJ was even born.

It's time for some fans to get some perspective. All the negativity and constant bitching is annoying. Sorry, but it is.

Last edited:
Yeah Ginger, I find it really annoying too, I only posted it for people to see it. I think it is such a funny piece, has anyone seen the video, where Liz gives Michael an elephant, I could imagine her wearing it with that style of clothes she has on there.
It is so sweet that he would give her something like that!

BTW there's another MJ's present put up for action

a_titanium_diamond_ruby_and_cultured_pearl_evening_bag_d5502503h.jpg

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/a-titanium-diamond-ruby-and-cultured-pearl/5502503/lot/lot_details.aspx?from=salesummary&intObjectID=5502503&sid=95fa37ba-ca66-4f3d-8c09-fae8b3db96d8

I read the sweet storys about this items. Elizabeth personally told that storys in her book.

He presented her this elephant evening bag in Las Vegas as a birthday gift when she started to tease him "Where is my present?" He had another one in LA but he leaved and returned with this bag. After that she brought an elephant Gipsy to Neverland as a present for him. "We exchanged elephants", she joked.
And it was her who asked him to buy this monkeys 'caz "they simbolized us bonded in friendship".

BTW there's another MJ's present put up for action

a_titanium_diamond_ruby_and_cultured_pearl_evening_bag_d5502503h.jpg

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/a-titanium-diamond-ruby-and-cultured-pearl/5502503/lot/lot_details.aspx?from=salesummary&intObjectID=5502503&sid=95fa37ba-ca66-4f3d-8c09-fae8b3db96d8

I read the sweet storys about this items. Elizabeth personally told that storys in her book.

He presented her this elephant evening bag in Las Vegas as a birthday gift when she started to tease him "Where is my present?" He had another one in LA but he leaved and returned with this bag. After that she brought an elephant Gipsy to Neverland as a present for him. "We exchanged elephants", she joked.
And it was her who asked him to buy this monkeys 'caz "they simbolized us bonded in friendship".

Coool thanks so much for posting!!

jimshi809 tweeted: This diamond & sapphire ring, a gift to #LizTaylor from #MichaelJackson, just sold for $600,000 @ChristiesInc!

331462227-500x500.jpg

[h=5]jimshi809 tweeted: Vintage diamond ring, #MichaelJackson gift to #LizTaylor: $320k[/h]
331468604-500x500.jpg

Her jewelry is going for insane amount of money:

This @Bulgari_US emerald/diamond ring (high est $800k) from Richard Burton to #LizTaylor sold: $2.9 million!

331464144-500x500.jpg

jimshi809 tweeted: Sold for $5.8 million! #LizTaylor

331464660-500x500.jpg

Cartier's "La Peregrina" necklace (high est $3 million) sold for $10.5 million. #LizTaylor

Last edited:
seeing these things being sold makes everything truly seem so final...it really is hard to believe that they are both gone. It really does blow my mid at times.

There are also pieces of jewlery to be auctioned off that were given to Elizabeth by Richard Burton and Mike Todd, so it's not about MJ but Elizabeth. She had an extrodinary life and achieved her fame and fortune on her own long before MJ was even born. It's time for some fans to get some perspective. All the negativity and constant bitching is annoying. Sorry, but it is.
and you understood we share the same opinion, right? ;)

and you understood we share the same opinion, right? ;)

Of course my friend from Middle Earth! LOL - love it!

The first emerald and diamond ring from Richard Burton is just stunning - wow!

jimshi809 tweeted: This diamond & sapphire ring, a gift to #LizTaylor from #MichaelJackson, just sold for $600,000 @ChristiesInc!

331462227-500x500.jpg

jimshi809 tweeted: Vintage diamond ring, #MichaelJackson gift to #LizTaylor: $320k

331468604-500x500.jpg

Her jewelry is going for insane amount of money:

This @Bulgari_US emerald/diamond ring (high est $800k) from Richard Burton to #LizTaylor sold: $2.9 million!

331464144-500x500.jpg

jimshi809 tweeted: Sold for $5.8 million! #LizTaylor

331464660-500x500.jpg

Cartier's "La Peregrina" necklace (high est $3 million) sold for $10.5 million. #LizTaylor

Michael had a good taste. Beautiful!

MJ, Elizabeth Taylor and now a new owner has Sandra Di Portanova's "monkey necklace"

MJ, Elizabeth Taylor and now a new owner has Sandra Di Portanova's "monkey necklace"

While the auction of Elizabeth Taylor's jewels set a world record for a single collection at Christie's last night, there was an interesting Houston connection. Among the numerous pieces fetching a total $116 million was the so-called "monkey necklace" and earrings, designed for Baroness Sandra di Portanova by her husband, Baron Ricky di Portanova.

That dazzling Houston duo, who kept the money flowing as generously as oil from their deep Texas wells, was known for an extravagant lifestyle, over-the-top parties and a penchant for very serious jewelry.

Ricky regularly lavished his bride with baubles and beads including 20-karat diamond earrings and a 26-karat engagement ring, all the while fancying himself as an artist and designer. He created the monkey necklace set, complete with golden bananas, as a surprise gift to the baroness.

When the di Portanova jewels were sold, after their deaths, at auction at Christie's in 2000, the monkey necklace and earrings went for a mere $55,000. The diamond and emerald set eventually ended up in the hands of Michael Jackson, who presented it as a gift to Elizabeth Taylor.

Last night, the whimsical, some would say bizarre, necklace and earrings sold for $260,000.

http://houston.culturemap.com/newsd...ner-has-sandra-di-portanovas-monkey-necklace/

Back