Michael - Your Album review + Poll

What is your rating for the Album (5 is best)

Votes: 35 45.5%

Votes: 19 24.7%

Votes: 6 7.8%

Votes: 8 10.4%

Votes: 9 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't go as far as say it's a fantastic album. There are still songs there that I don't "really" like. But some songs are just brilliant. That much I can say.

Changed the poll to 5 being best.. If anyone needs their vote changed let me know.

Is there any way those who voted wrong can revote?

Now it has been corrected some votes are still wrong. - Can that be correctet?

My review
Listened to it 5 times.
All the songs sounds better and clearer,especially on a good hi-fi system.I definately think it's Michael singing in the 3 Cascio songs,these song are from 2007 and also Hollywood Tonight was re-worked in that period and the voice is quite the same.

1-Hold My Hand 3/5 : A good and simple ballad with a good message.

2-Hollywood Tonight 4,5/5 : The Funky side of Michael.Great tune and good production,I don't like the spoken bridge but I think was necessary due the absence of a proper bridge by Michael.

3-Keep your head up 3,5/5 : I like this,more than Hold my hand.Good ballad and great melody in the verses more than the chorus,imo.

4-I like the Way you Love me: 3,5/5 : The beginning is awesome,the rest is the same we already know,with a new production.Sweet ballad.

5-Monster 3,5/5 : Maybe the more complex song in the album,good production and rap by 50cent.Vocals are a demo but better than Breaking News.

6-Best of joy 4,0/5: I'm in love with this.Great vocals,altough it shows the song was not finished,it remains a showcase of Michael's ability to write simple and beautiful melodies.

7-Breaking News: 2,5/5 The spoken intro is way to long,and the vocals sounds nothing more than a raw demo,still the melody is good and catchy.The worst track on the album,imo.

8-Another Day 3,5/5: Lenny did a good work with the guitar parts but the beat sounds kinda flat.Anyway good "rock" song and great vocals if there was a bridge and more ad-libs it would be perfect,but...

9.Behind the Mask: 4/5 Michael version is wonderful,the vocoder,the sax really a great tune.To be honest the 80's vocals are a bit out of place in the contest but the song is really good.

10.Much too soon 4/5: Great intimate song,simple and complex at the same time. the problem is that it finish much too soon!

Album rating: 3,5 A good collection of unreleased songs.It lacks of the Michael perfectionism but this was obvious.Less obvious is the choice to include Breaking News that sounds really an unfinished demo with a new production (plus the lyrics subject is similar to Monster)instead of,for example,DYKWYCA or Blue Gangsta.
Anyway Hollywwod Tonight,Best of Joy and Behind the Mask worth the price of the entire album,imho.

pls new poll
just cant be that 14people say its "bad" or "verybad" ?! Oo

great album
5/5 or 9/10 :)

who the phuk is this guy talkin in hollywood tonight?????
sounds TOTALY GAY!!! it sucks! WTFFFFFFFFFFF?????????????????
song is so dope,but this guy...COME ON

i so hoped this song was finished :((((((

Thanks mods for benning this idiot... there's always one, isn't there?!

I originally voted 1, now its been changed? Please put me as the top result whatever that is?! Crazy polls!

I'm absolutely buzzing to these tracks!

For me:

#1 - Hollywood Tonight
#2 - Behind The Mask
#3 - Keep Your Head Up
#4 - Monster
#5 - Much Too Soon
#6 - Hold My Hand
#7 - Another Day
#8 - The Way You Love Me
#9 - Best of Joy
#10 - Breaking News

(1 is the highest just to clarify... :p)

Biggest surprises on this album for me were:

- Monster, who knew this would be so damn good?!
- KYHU, Earth Song ad libs removed which just makes a great track awesome!
- The Way You Love Me, the cell phone intro... The personality that explodes from those 11 seconds alone is enough for a track for me...
- Breaking News, is it just me or is this song different? When he says "Michael Jackson" in the lines of the verses it sounds clearer and more like Mike than the one from the website?

Overall, after all the turmoil and drama, this album is really impressive for me! Jamming away for the Holidays with MJ! :D

Favourite song: Behind the Mask/Much Too Soon

Best song: Behind the Mask

Worst song: Breaking News

Ranking of songs

1. Behind the Mask
2. Much too Soon
3. Another Day
4. Best of Joy
5. Hollywood Tonight
6. The way you love me
7. Monster
8. Hold my hand
9. Keep your head up

10. Breaking News

Overall a good album. Better than most posthumus albums.

#1. Best Of Joy
#2. Behind The Mask
#3. (I Like) The Way You Love Me
#4. Hollywood Tonight
#5. (I Can't Make It) Another Day
#6. Hold My Hand
#7. Monster
#8. Much Too Soon
#9. Breaking News
#10. Keep Your Head Up

THIS ALBUM IS AMAZING!

Going to post full review some time later but I'm just grooving to this nonstop!!

5/5 EASY

1. Hollywood tonight
2. Monster
3. Behind the mask
4. Another day
5. Hold my hand
6. Keep your head up
7. Best of joy
8. Much too soon
9. The way you love me (still prefer the 2004 version)
10. Breaking News

love the album like that Huffinton Post review 'it feels like MJ', voted for 2 though, because I can't seem to shake off the reality...but I totally dig the album so :yay:

fave tracks: Hollywood Tonight, Monster, Behind the Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back