Michael was a motorsports fan

HIStory

Proud Member
Seven time Formula One World Champion Michael Schumacher about Michael Jackson:

"Were you shaken by the death of Michael Jackson?"

"Yes, very much. I was a fan of his. We met at one of my last races in 2006 in Bahrain at Salman bin Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa's place.

"What did you think of Jackson?"

"I was amazed how could somebody, who is such a giant on stage, be so insecure, shy and fearful in real life. That was probably because so many people took advantage of him."

"Did he know who you were?"

"He was a huge motorsports fan and we were talking about that. He wanted my autograph by any means, so of course he knew who I was. I got the news of his death at 3 in the morning by an SMS. I was playing poker with my friends and was just getting ready to go to bed."

--

I like the fact Michael was into things and sports those are not so popular in the US, like Formula One or soccer.

YES! I love Formula One, very nice to know that Michael liked it too.

BTW, how well could Michael drive?

I have heard he wasn't very good at it, but then I have seen a photo of a racing licence he had. I have also seen him in (Ferrari! :D ) racing overalls once. Both of those pics were from the early 80s.

BTW, how well could Michael drive?

I have heard he wasn't very good at it, but then I have seen a photo of a racing licence he had. I have also seen him in (Ferrari! :D ) racing overalls once. Both of those pics were from the early 80s.

could you post the pix?

he was a poor driver, lol. poor.

I'm not a fan of formula,but glad to hear new stuff about MJ,I never know ,that he was a sport fan,lol

he hated fotboll :)

did he really? where did you hear this? :) in an interview when he was a kid he said he liked soccer. unless you mean football as in touchdown.

1222519248.jpg

Aw cool! I love the license pic as well! I heard he was a crap driver as well lol. Didn't he like, hit some car in a recording studio car park or something? lol.

Wow! Schumacher great! Now he occupies the place of the Brazilian driver Felipe Massa. Interesting to know what Michael knew Formula 1, I never imagined that he would like this type of sport and he was watching a race.

What is another sport that Michael liked and/or practiced?​

Amazing, my 2 heroes together...the 2 Michael's!!!!! What i would do to of been in the same room as them! I would love to see a pic of them together lol I just cant imagine it, If they did really meet then there has to be one!?

I herd from some where that Racing drivers and Dancers have very similar aspects in what they do in terms of hand/foot coordination.

Back