Michael to use the toaster lift on his tour

jayjackson

Proud Member
Michael Jackson wants to jump six feet into the air during his shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SyTopdTMPg

McLaren engineer Rich Cassidy launches off the Toaster Lift at Tait Towers facility in Pennsylvania. A mechanical catapult used by various musical performers in their tour stages, the Lift acts like a seesaw, featuring a large counterweight system on one end and a platform on the other. McLaren is designing four Lifts for Michael Jacksons 2009 concert tour but, unlike the Lift that Cassidy test here, the new ones will propel Jackson and his dancers six feet into the air, without any sort of jump required! Video courtesy of Tait Towers.

Last edited:
is six feet high? lol like 6 meters?
although i like the idea for the entrance, im a bit worried lol

Guess we know how he's coming on stage then!

It'll be like the Dangerous Tour all over again! :D

Maybe it might be a way of coming onto the stage after an interval cos we've seen it once for opening concerts, I'm hoping we'll see something more spectacular!

He did it all through the dangerous tour, without a stratch. Mike's a pro at it.
He wasn't 50 then... and back then he still had to jump and it wasn' that high... if what is written on youtube is to be believed then he is been catapulted 6 ft (around 1, 80 m) by that thing alone... without jumping!

altmost 2 meters is high, but he will survive. I've jumped down 4 meters surviving,lol

It will be amazing

He wasn't 50 then... and back then he still had to jump and it wasn' that high... if what is written on youtube is to be believed then he is been catapulted 6 ft (around 1, 80 m) by that thing alone... without jumping!

I'm pretty sure Mike would be testing it as well at some point. All safety measurements would have been taken into consideration when designing the thing for him. (to make it as safe as possible for mike to do.)

^^^Yeah, I hope so.... I would hate it if some freak accident would derail the whole thing... I'm just not sure how you can make sure to have a perfect landing from a 6 ft. jump! So part of me thinks, that it's not true!

^^^Yeah, I hope so.... I would hate it if some freak accident would derail the whole thing... I'm just not sure how you can make sure to have a perfect landing from a 6 ft. jump! So part of me thinks, that it's not true!

Hmm we'll just have to wait an see :) Hopefully they incorporate it into the show somehow. To be honest, I would love to see it, just not at the start of the show, something different would be nice not repeating the dangerous tour.

Although, saying that, I'll still be going wild when he comes on stage! :punk:

6 feet thats up their!
omg

this is the best entrance though!!!!!!!!!!him stanging their like for 5 mins people going crazy!!!!!!!!!!omg

cool he used the toaster for the dancers to appear during the history tour, maybe thats what they are for. I think he'll enter the stage another way?

If it's like the Dangerous Tour, I'm all for it. Love the toaster, it creates a lot of energy and suspense, especially when he just stands still for so long.

Toaster -> 2000 Watts
Yes.

he might not even use it for himself like big db also said. his background dancers "got toasted" (lol) when he did they don't care about us.

Six feet up in air is high.... he might get toasted up to another platform/mini stage from the bottom stage if you know what i mean.

Sounds alot like the thing used on the Dangerous tour. I've always liked that entrance.

Hope he will do something spectacular with it.

I hope that will be for the dancers to use...I don't really want MJ doing any kind of crazy jumps and I hope he'll leave the "Cirque de Soleil" kind of stuff to the pros...He already hurt his back once because of a malfunction, and I don't wanna see him get hurt. JMO.

it 's just for the dancers of cource,he will do something more spectacular,go mike go!!!

okay 6feet (2m) are high, but i guess possible.. i like the idea, although he did this fdor dangerous.

I'm not worried, the guy's elastic! :lol: Well, you know what I mean. And ya I thought Dangerous tour instantly. He makes this toaster thing look good! :lol:

Back