Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only

^^^

Thought so. But actually a quite fitting title.

From the October 2010 edition of Q Magazine...

Michael Jackson releases a new album in November. The 10-song set will feature songs Jackson recorded in the '80s plus, controversially material recorded with Black Eyed Peas leader Will.i.am in 2006, who has denounced the project: "How are you going to release Michael Jackson when Michael Jackson ain't here to bless it?"

from the 80's?
so far, we know that is not the case.
This is not even the same thing said at Vibe article, so do these guys have new info really? :scratch:

and what is "controversially" there?
why? Because Will wanted to release the songs, then only one song in the album of HIS band, then no song ever, then he sent "sweet" words to the Estate and to people wanting the new album, to finally have Branca saying the songs WILL be on the next album and now Will has said no word against that?

If so... is that Michael's controversy.... or Will.I.am controversy?
:doh:

why on earth is always Michael's fault, for God sake!!!!

The DVD set shall contain unreleased archive footage and shall be focused on Short Films. Things you've never seen.

It's different from the album.
This is so exciting!!! And what is the thing with Butterflies in your siggy???

IMO I think they should do a boxset DVD featuring all of MJ's music videos.....released and anything not released. They should also put award show performances, special live performances (like his entire performance at the United We Stand concert, the President Clinton inauguration ceremony, etc), and maybe Moonwalker, and some concert DVDs.

I also think they should put Captain Eo on DVD as well.

And as far as a title goes for it, why not name it like it's album counterpart, only with a small tweet to the title....."The Ultimate Video Collection"????

captain eo on dvd would be great!

captain eo on dvd would be great!

impossible as for now.
too many stuff to clear to get it on DVD.
Disney can hardly produce goodies and products. the return of te attraction has been possible with many restrictions on board.

only a few promo vhs / tapes were made in the US and one very rare laser disc at Tokyo Disneyland (promo stuf as well).

and don't think the black & white magazine collector page in their last issue showing a rare Eo laser disc is true as well: their last issue lists fake items, as a "joke" (some fans would be intrested that two key members of black and white now publish a tabloid called Oops in France).

that was a bit off topic, sorry.

Hopefully we will get a cool DVD set this november.
Michael's films deserve so much !

That info about the upcoming DVD is really quite exciting. Hope it will be really something NEW. I got really frustrated with the final release of TII... KO himself and other people had mentioned so many things that would be included and then, there were just a few differences here and there, but no real difference from the movie.

I don't think Captain Eo should be released now... maybe in 20 years, when there is very few left. But as of now, it shouldn't. It's not an important part of his legacy and doesn't really present anything interesting.

But Ghosts must be released, the sooner the better. That's one of the best projects MJ's ever done and it's fairly recent. PLUS it was owned by him (so is now owned by the Estate) and it would be profitable to release it.

But Ghosts must be released, the sooner the better. That's one of the best projects MJ's ever done and it's fairly recent. PLUS it was owned by him (so is now owned by the Estate) and it would be profitable to release it.

the thing about GHOSTS is that the HD masters are ready to be used for some bluray edition (mainly because it was shown in selected theaters as a feature film in the US and other countries).

But the estate is more convinced to work on a Thriller project (the making of etc...)
Fans LOVE GHOSTS, but the mainstream audience hardly knows about it. If it is released, they will have to come with a master plan.

Like I've stated from the start, there is a new album coming in November. Any reports that say it will contain material from the 80's are wrong. It's modern stuff. It WILL flow! As I've said before, the most likely date for release is Nov 15th with alternative dates set for Nov 8th and Nov 22nd.

DVD of short films is also set for November around the same time. As far as I know, The Experience is still on key for a November release (nov 18th).

i wouldn't mind that for a Halloween release. That would be cool.

a question. why is nothing about the "new album" added in the first post? that would be much easier for all. especially for the non follower of this discussion. for example me. so what happenend the last half year? lol (me because i'm not interesting in this "sony dissing fans" ^^, not anymore) any news?

the thing about GHOSTS is that the HD masters are ready to be used for some bluray edition (mainly because it was shown in selected theaters as a feature film in the US and other countries).

But the estate is more convinced to work on a Thriller project (the making of etc...)
Fans LOVE GHOSTS, but the mainstream audience hardly knows about it. If it is released, they will have to come with a master plan.

Yeah... The fact that Ghosts is so unknown makes it even more attractive - especially if we take into consideration tha obvious lack of this type of video footage in the vaults.

it's fairly new and the quality is very good. IMO Ghosts is a small masterpiece - something that's never been done before and probably never will. They could totally milk it - MJ composed some of the score, he's done the choreography, there's behind the scenes filmed... Make it a Halloween special on TV, with people who worked on the project praising Michael and combine this with a DVD/BR release.

They could really play it well - but will they? It's up to them, I'd definitely go in that direction.

i wouldn't mind that for a Halloween release. That would be cool.

Would be cool, but unlikely. Halloween is on a Sunday this year, and new releases are generally Monday worldwide and Tuesdays in North America.

Thanks for the update smooth!

IMO I think they should do a boxset DVD featuring all of MJ's music videos.....released and anything not released. They should also put award show performances, special live performances (like his entire performance at the United We Stand concert, the President Clinton inauguration ceremony, etc), and maybe Moonwalker, and some concert DVDs.

I also think they should put Captain Eo on DVD as well.

And as far as a title goes for it, why not name it like it's album counterpart, only with a small tweet to the title....."The Ultimate Video Collection"????

That sounds great! I'd buy it in a minute.

And about Ghosts.. it just needs to be released!

I don't think Captain Eo should be released now... maybe in 20 years, when there is very few left. But as of now, it shouldn't. It's not an important part of his legacy and doesn't really present anything interesting.
Oh, sorry, but I don't agree. It's a project of Michael. I want it it. Why not? Besides, remember there is only a few lucky fans (and no fans) who have had the priviledge to see this on the big screens of Disney. Not the case of the rest of the world. We should have an official release of this project too! Not just the ones in Europe/LA or Japan who can afford a ticket and see it (or those who can afford an air ticket and see it).

totally agree.
I have it, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be available in more formats, to more people :clapping:

a question. why is nothing about the "new album" added in the first post? that would be much easier for all. especially for the non follower of this discussion. for example me. so what happenend the last half year? lol (me because i'm not interesting in this "sony dissing fans" ^^, not anymore) any news?

If you check the other sticky thread on the new album that has all the informative posts in there separate from discussion. :)

now back to topic about michael music
us fans sould stick together and buy michael music/movies to keep
michael legacey alive for new fans

It's a shame many fans feel like they have to buy everything to do with Michael. That's why we're constantly given greatest hits, because they know how well they sell.

If people didn't buy Blu-Ray players just for TII or 3D TVs for the re-release, we wouldn't have this problem and wouldn't all be treated as mugs.

I'll happily support new and good material, but not re-releases and all. I'm not stupid.

impossible as for now.
too many stuff to clear to get it on DVD.
Disney can hardly produce goodies and products. the return of te attraction has been possible with many restrictions on board.
what kind of restrictions?

If you check the other sticky thread on the new album that has all the informative posts in there separate from discussion. :)
Will the updates that have been posted in this thread be moved to the other one?

can we expect a dvd release for "making michael jackson's thriller" ?

Ghost is great and it should be just as known as Thriller. They should re-release Ghost with HUGE promotion.

Yeah... The fact that Ghosts is so unknown makes it even more attractive - especially if we take into consideration tha obvious lack of this type of video footage in the vaults.

it's fairly new and the quality is very good. IMO Ghosts is a small masterpiece - something that's never been done before and probably never will. They could totally milk it - MJ composed some of the score, he's done the choreography, there's behind the scenes filmed... Make it a Halloween special on TV, with people who worked on the project praising Michael and combine this with a DVD/BR release.

They could really play it well - but will they? It's up to them, I'd definitely go in that direction.

:clapping::punk::clapping:

WE WANT GHOST, WE WANT GHOST, WE WANT GHOST, WE WANT GHOST !!!! :wild: :punk:

Ghosts 3D cinema release, then Blu-Ray release with extra stuff. Aaaaah...

can we expect a dvd release for "making michael jackson's thriller" ?

that one would be more likely but not in the pipeline yet (btw, optimum productions, Michael's video company, has been reactivated).

what kind of restrictions?

they cannot use Michael's image the way they want to promote the EO gear.
EO is a Disney attraction, and the focus should not be on Michael only (even if in people's mind this is a MJ project all the way).

Besides, remember there is only a few lucky fans who have had the priviledge to see this on the big screens of Disney.

I'm one of them. I saw it at least ten times in Disneyland Paris in the early 90s, it was awesome!!! With shaking chairs and real smoke and cold air coming out from beneath the screen. I still have the glasses as a souvenir. :D:tease:

Actually it's the other way round. The song is not successful because people request it on the radio, it is successful because radio play it all the time. And in order to play it (promote it) all the time you must pay the radio. In other words if you have big budget to pay the promo, the success is almost guaranteed. Eventually people who listen to the radio are so used to hear the songs that they start to like them (or get irritated).

Some great songs are not played on the radio most of the time becaus ethere is a lack of budget to promote it. By the way, radios are not charity, they won't play songs for free. The same way goes with commercials (big budget, big success: coca cola, pepsi cola, etc, but have you ever heard of cockta? Probably not, because their budget for promotion is limited, yet cockta is also a good soda drink.)

This is very, very true. Just recently, I have heard two songs on the radio, on different occasions, and then I started to like them. I liked them so much I went to iTunes to buy them yesterday. If they weren't on the radio, I would have never heard them or bought them. The reason Lady Gaga, Blackeyed Peas, Beyonce, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift and many others have had the success they've had is because they are played on the radio CONSTANTLY. It is VERY important to be played on the radio.

The DVD set shall contain unreleased archive footage and shall be focused on Short Films. Things you've never seen.

It's different from the album.

No offense to Korgnex but can we trust this to be fact?

Back