Michael takes kids to Gary

qbee

Proud Member
September 11, 2008

BY BILL ZWECKER Sun-Times Columnist
http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/zwecker/1157053,CST-FTR-zp11.article

It's all very mysterious, but I've learned Michael Jackson -- joined by a small (for him)
retinue of bodyguards and assistants, plus his three children, Paris, Prince and Prince
Michael II -- slipped into town Monday for a quick overnight stay.

A BZ spy at Jackson's exclusive Gold Coast hotel reports that the entourage
''did not venture out of their suites and only ordered basics like setups, hot water,
milk and juice from room service.''

Apparently, the King of Pop traveled with his own organic food, plus bed linens and
towels. Unlike other visits by Jackson and his kids to various cities around the world,
there wasn't even any shopping on this trip.

According to the source, Jackson & Co. left early Tuesday -- ''before the sun was up'' --
and reportedly drove (via several SUVs with blacked-out windows) to Gary. There MJ
and his kids supposedly toured his childhood neighborhood in the northwest Indiana
city before flying out of the area via private jet.

There was apparently no contact with any Gary officials, so it's not known
if Jackson's visit was related -- in any way -- to recent efforts to memorialize
his family's origins in the city.

During a much-publicized visit to Gary by Jackson's father, Joe Jackson, in July,
Mayor Rudy Clay presented him with the key to the city, unveiled plans for a proposed
Jackson Museum and Cultural Center and unveiled a new street sign in honor of the
Jackson family.

A month later, those plans were placed on hold, due to various financial issues --
mainly facing Michael and the other Jacksons. A family spokesman said at the time
that the delay was only temporary and the Jackson museum in Gary ''is something
that will happen.''

Maybe Michael Jackson's visit this week is a hopeful sign that it will occur -- perhaps
sooner rather than later. The preliminary plans exhibited back in July featured a project
the city officials hoped would help jump-start renewal efforts in downtown Gary along
Broadway.

Reactions: Pua
According to the source, Jackson & Co. left early Tuesday -- ''before the sun was up'' --
and reportedly drove (via several SUVs with blacked-out windows) to Gary. There MJ
and his kids supposedly toured his childhood neighborhood in the northwest Indiana
city before flying out of the area via private jet.

This is so precious. Michael Jackson showing his children his humble beginnings
This has brought tears to my eyes.:wub:

This is a nice story, thanks for posting it qbee:)

I was on tmz.com this morning and they talked about this. I waiting for news thread to happened, but it didn't so I silly self did not post the article. However, whatever, I guess. Thanks for posting this.

I like this story, MJ showing his children his humble beginnings and hopefully, the family gets a museum in Gary. It has been a long time coming. I like how MJ came there - no one knew about it until afterward. Now, that is how it should be done.

It's so nice of Michael to show his kids to his own childhood home. I'm happy to the his kids learning more about his superstar dad. Heartwarming.

Aww that is a sweet story :wub: MJ showing his children around his childhood neighborhood is so lovely. :)

This is so like Michael ^_^ It's really a sweet article, and something any proud daddy should do :D

Those 3 kids are the luckiest, and Michael a wonderful father :heart:

nice story if true. bed linen and organic food sounds B.S as normal though.typical tabloid b.s

nice story if true. bed linen and organic food sounds B.S as normal though.typical tabloid b.s

I think that was just an assumption on their part but still nothing demeaning
in stating it _ all in all the article was very positive - and this journalist is not
always so gracious - so I see a change coming - in the way some will report
on MJ now _ NOT all but many are changing their tune lately - its great to see

.............awwwwwwwww!!!!!:wub::D Michael is such a' wonderful,sweet loving daddy!:wub::D

aww that just shows u how beautiful & amazing michael is.
And to show your children where u grow up is somethin special. Wish my dad was able 2 do that with us., but its far...and a bit expensive to get 2! lol.

This is so precious. Michael Jackson showing his children his humble beginnings
This has brought tears to my eyes.:wub:
Yeah it's thoughtful of him to do this. Also it's natural for him to want to. I believe he ain't the type of father who tries to "teach" something like, "Your dad started from nothing", but instead, who lets them get a feel of a part of his childhood.

Thanx for posting.

am i the only one scratching her head at this?

they DROVE to gary? from vegas? y'all know how damn long of a road trip that is? it ain't even a trip...it's an adventure. and w/ 3 kids in an SUV??????

and the GOLD COAST? dude has a house in vegas, why the hell would he be staying at nasty gold coast...it's not a good hotel at all, not on the strip...but when i think of it....joe is managing these girls who sing in vegas...three asian girls...he showed us their performance at the orleans and at the gold coast...so maybe?????? but staying there? if y'all been to that hotel, u'd understand y they brought they own food and sheets

they DROVE to gary? from vegas? y'all know how damn long of a road trip that is? it ain't even a trip...it's an adventure. and w/ 3 kids in an SUV??????

and the GOLD COAST? dude has a house in vegas, why the hell would he be staying at nasty gold coast...it's not a good hotel at all, not on the strip...but when i think of it....joe is managing these girls who sing in vegas...three asian girls...he showed us their performance at the orleans and at the gold coast...so maybe?????? but staying there? if y'all been to that hotel, u'd understand y they brought they own food and sheets
I haven't been there but :lol: :lol: :lol: anyway! That was funny.

Well, maybe MJ wants to show the kids that there is more than one "style of life", something to more or less mirror his humble beginnings. to compliment the spirit of the occasion - driving cross-Country and staying in "regular" (or 1 or 2 "star"?) hotels

I noticed the article said, "organic food"

:scratch: how could they even know something like that

oh well, no biggie, they were just assuming I guess

Last edited:

Damn, I didn't even notice they said they drove! That would take a long ass time, you're right, and they'd have to book hotels or have some place to stay along the way unless they had multiple drivers, which is possible, but still, lol.

I may be wrong here, but I grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and spent alot of time in Chicago. "Gold Coast" in Chicago is a mega upperclass neighborhood/district, and it has many upperclass hotels, shops, housing, etc. If you re-read what the writer said about Michael's stay, to me it means he traveled from a Gold Coast (district) hotel in Chicago to Gary in an SUV. That would not be much of a drive at all considering the close proximity of Chicago, Ill and Gary Ind., they're right around the corner from each other going around the southern tip of Lake Michigan. And if the writer of the article is from that area and it appears in a newspaper pertaining to that area, he would presume that local people reading his article would know he meant the district of Chicago known as Gold Coast.

To quote the author of the article, see if the way I read it actually makes more sense; ie Michael and children stayed at "a" Gold Coast hotel, not "the" Gold Coast Hotel as in the same one that is in LV:

"A BZ spy at Jackson's exclusive Gold Coast hotel reports that the entourage
'did not venture out of their suites and only ordered basics like setups, hot water,
milk and juice from room service.' ''

--------------------

To get an idea of some of the hotels in the Gold Coast area of Chicago, this is from Chicago.com website, and under the option of Gold Coast hotels. Check out the pics, not some mediocre run of the mill hotels at all, they're much more like where we're used to seeing Michael stay. Pics on right side of page.
http://www.chicago.com/hotels/areas/goldcoast.php

Last edited:

Your baby is very precious...what a cutie pie...

Giggles~~~

Hael The World~~~"Education Is The Key"

Back