Michael singing Doobie Brothers! What else does he contribute as a backing artist?

SeanK

I was watching Entertainment Tonight and they had exclusive home video of MJ serenading Elizabeth via the telephone. He was singing a couple Doobie Brothers hits and was laughing about how most recognize his sound on the backround vocals, but never realized that it was always trully him singing backup. Did anyone else see? Can we form a list of ALL the music MJ has collaborated on for others as a backing artist?

he also song back up for a Stevie Wonder song called ALL I DO...
when a member of the Ojays called in to Steve Harvey to pay
tribute to him... he told that story of the Ojays and Michael doing
backup for that song for Stevie...

the more of these stories I hear..the more I know we truly lost someone special

yeah, I just watched this, lol. Tomorrow they're supposed to show footage of Katherine's B-day party. You know, the one where he's singing to her and he's wearing the shiny suit

and yeah, I loooove 'all i do' I can really hear MJ's voice doing the backgroounds.

oh yeah, and he sang background on that kenny loggins song "who's right, who's wrong"

ummmm, dave mason's song we all know about.

wait- which doobie brothers song was that? I was watching but my dog tried to steal my sandwich on that part :(

WOWOWwwwwwwwwwww grr i live in the uk and cant watch!! is there a link? or do i wait until ET uploads thte video to their website??

Doobies one of my all time favorite groups and I had no idea Michael sang back up on any of their music. Did I understand that as being true? I'd love to know which songs they were. I thought I knew about Michael doing back up on most everyone, but never heard about the Doobies.

HQ Video Download / Stream

Michael Jackson's impromptu singing of pieces from the Doobie Brothers classics "Minute by Minute (I Keep Holding On)" and "What a Fool Believes" over the phone to his best friend Elizabeth Taylor in 2003. Michael Jackson provided the backing vocals for one or more original Doobie Brothers tracks, a rarely known fact. The video was recorded by Bryan Michael Stoller and unseen until now. Much better audio and video quality is available in the downloadable version.

Better video/audio version download at: http://rapidshare.com/files/261979039/MJ_ET_Doobie_Brothers.avi.html

Stream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpXK19Ik9z0

wow thank you that is TOOOOOOOOO cute! haha i love that he says that people thought it was him but they werent sure...kind of indicates to me that he read fan forums or something . i instantly recognised the jacket from the Miss castaway making of footage. Im sure the guys has a lot more footage, espesh the interview between him and jennings michael burch.

I can hear him on the chorus of "Minute by Minute".

Damn I miss Mike..........

How could someone afford to have Michael as a backing vocalist?!?! Or do they just call up a favour??

Back