Michael rejected Madonna song!

mjlovergurl003

Proud Member
i got this on myspace and didnt see it posted yet so i though i would share.

Michael Jackson approached good friend Madonna to write a song for him - but rejected a track the Material Girl penned because it was too "provocative".

The King Of Pop became friends with the singer in the early 1990s, and the pair often accompanied each other to events.

Jackson was keen to work professionally with his pal, but turned down a track she offered him because of its raunchy lyrics.

Madonna admits she was shocked by the rejection - because the Thriller hitmaker knew provocative songs were her signature sound.

She says, "We spent time together and became friends. It just never happened. I wrote words and presented them to him, but he didn't want to go there.

"He didn't want to be provocative. I said, 'Well, why come to me?' It's like asking Quentin Tarantino to not put any violence in his films. I felt he was too shy."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20090921/ten-jackson-rejected-madonna-song-c60bd6d.html

Yahoo..

This is really old news. Madonna spoke about this in the early 90s. She said she wanted Mike to have a new image and get out of the buckled clothes and get a Ceasar haircut. She said nobody was going to buy them doing a lame love song and that they should do something daring.

I like to believe that Michael was a gentleman. He was too polite to say "no you can't write a song for me..", so he let her do it, and then rejected it.

but thats just how I think it could be.. Theres dozens of possibilities :)

This is really old news. Madonna spoke about this in the early 90s. She said she wanted Mike to have a new image and get out of the buckled clothes and get a Ceasar haircut. She said nobody was going to buy them doing a lame love song and that they should do something daring.

:shock:Get Michael out of the buckles and ged rid of the curls!:eek:mg: what does Madonna know!
I'm glad Michael stayed the way he did!:wub:

and yeah, heard this before about madonna and In The Closet.

wth no curls?! :wtf: maybe someone brainwashed her for sayin that lol.

:shock:Get Michael out of the buckles and ged rid of the curls!:eek:mg: what does Madonna know!
I'm glad Michael stayed the way he did!:wub:

and yeah, heard this before about madonna and In The Closet.
Well, one of Madonna's idols is David Bowie, who was known for changing his look and image a lot.

I think it would have been cool for them to have done a song together. Could you imagine a video?!?!

But 'In the Closet' is perfect for me, just the right amount of sexual innuendo in the lyrics and the beat of the song is just sexy by itself, then you get Michael moaning all through the song. He knows how to convey his sexuality without actually having to sing anything raunchy!

I could have seen Madonna's suggestion working out, as well, cuz people expect that of Madonna. . . something shocking. But I do agree that Michael was probably still too shy to go there.

As for changing his image/look, Madonna probably thought it would be good for him because she is known to constantly change her image/look. But in the early 1990s, Madonna was kind of out there for me with her sex book, justify my love, and her relationships. I don't think Mike wanted to follow her lead.

I would love to read the lyrics that she wrote for him though!

As far as I remember "In the closet" was supposed to be their duet. Do we actually know who is the mystery girl whispering in the song?

As far as the video is concerned, Madonna wanted to appear dressed as a man and asked Michael to get dressed as a girl. Michael of course refused.

As far as I remember "In the closet" was supposed to be their duet. Do we actually know who is the mystery girl whispering in the song?

As far as the video is concerned, Madonna wanted to appear dressed as a man and asked Michael to get dressed as a girl. Michael of course refused.

Princess Stefanie of Monaco is the mystery girl.

After Michael has passed away, she had done an interview somewhere in Europe that confirmed that it was her voice in 'In the Closet'.

Isn't that crazy?!

this news was new to me. lol i never herd it before. the concept would have been interesting thats for sure. the way Madonna's image was back the day theres no telling what she would have done with Michael in the video for "In the Closet".

wth no curls?! :wtf: maybe someone brainwashed her for sayin that lol.

:bugeyed

i remember the controversy... i was like 13 LOL:D. ITC is perfect as it is. :agree:

Princess Stefanie of Monaco is the mystery girl.

After Michael has passed away, she had done an interview somewhere in Europe that confirmed that it was her voice in 'In the Closet'.

Isn't that crazy?!

WOW! :bugeyed Didn't see that coming.....

OMG - I love that interview - Madonna is such a fierce bitch - LOVE HER.

Madonna definitely understands MJ's energy and he understands her energy.

However, in this stage of Madonna's artistry when this Youtube was filmed, which was 1990 or something like that, I think MJ was much more mature artistically as she was at that time. MJs got 20 years on her when it comes to music/performing professionally.

Maybe had MJ approached her again in our current time, they'd be more on level with each other.

Nonetheless, I :heart: Madonna & I :heart: MJ always!

I can see that. Esp. back in the early 90s pre allegations. His image was wholesome and then after that no one wanted to touch him. Even if Madonna wanted to go forward it I have a feeling her record company would have been against it.

I think it was a rumour or maybe I read it somewhere, but I remember that Janet had something to do with Michael not recording with Madonna. He followed his sister advice.

And I also remember a crazy story about MADONNA having an idea for the video, that she should be in a priest costume and Michael in a Nun costume. And back in the day, around 97/98 I remember that some member of the MJIFC said that there's actually a photo of Michael dressed as a Nun. But I think he was mocking me, I was 12 years old back then, and easy to be fooled.

OMG - I love that interview - Madonna is such a fierce bitch - LOVE HER.

Madonna definitely understands MJ's energy and he understands her energy.

However, in this stage of Madonna's artistry when this Youtube was filmed, which was 1990 or something like that, I think MJ was much more mature artistically as she was at that time. MJs got 20 years on her when it comes to music/performing professionally.

Maybe had MJ approached her again in our current time, they'd be more on level with each other.

Nonetheless, I :heart: Madonna & I :heart: MJ always!

Oh My Gosh!!! There is another thread about love to madonna? Are you not tired to tell to MJ fans over and over?

Yes, she is a bitch, I agree with you at least at this point.

MJ DID NOT want to work and have babies with madonna. Is it not clear yet?????

Thanks God Michael cared about his image and his soul, so he didn't come close to madonna. God bless him!

Last edited:
I think it was a rumour or maybe I read it somewhere, but I remember that Janet had something to do with Michael not recording with Madonna. He followed his sister advice.

And I also remember a crazy story about MADONNA having an idea for the video, that she should be in a priest costume and Michael in a Nun costume. And back in the day, around 97/98 I remember that some member of the MJIFC said that there's actually a photo of Michael dressed as a Nun. But I think he was mocking me, I was 12 years old back then, and easy to be fooled.

madonna always makes fun of Christianity, of Jesus Christ etc. I am glad that Michael didn't participate in this crap. I really hate madonna for that. I hope madonna will go to hell.

Last edited:
madonna is always makes fun of Christianity, of Jesus Christ etc. I am glad that Michael didn't participate in this crap. I really hate madonna for that. I hope madonna will go to hell.
This comment fits in with Jesus' message real well, lol.

Last edited:
after they ended up not working together people though the mystery girl was madonna but any good fan knew it was the princess....that royal family in monaco adores michael! then when they made the video - the spoken part is by naomi campbell

Back