Michael Jackson's Vision - YOUR RATING

Good things:
- Scream uncensored
- Official release of TDCAU prison version
- BOTDF remix, cause I personally like this better
- YRMW long version
- Best package ever

Bad things:
- WYBT is in extremely low resolution. I don't own Dangerous SF so I don't know what the original one looks like, but IMO the quality is very bad. Also, why no sound in the very beginning?
- Some SFs are in widescreen format while originally shot in 4:3 size. RTT, for example. This means the top and the bottom are cropped. Why did they do that?
- Ghost is the short version. I understand that SONY might want to release Ghosts separately, but then they could just make a SF for 2 Bad instead, just like Smooth Criminal etc.

Interesting, I guess we all have differing opinions. I don't mind that format at all. A lot of films are shot that way. It doesn't detract from the film at all for me anyway. And I really don't see anything wrong with WYBT. I believe its a different version of the one on another dvd. I do agree on all your good things. :D

Michael does appear in Man In The Mirror for a few seconds.
No he doesn't but they were his songs, whereas 2300 Jackson Street & Whatzupwitu wasn't.

Good point, and frankly I know I wouldn't be that interested in neither one of those. I think overall they did a great job including all the major, important videos he's had. We were clamoring for One More chance and we have it. We've never had Say, say, say and now we do. Leave Me Alone, Speed demon and Come Together I believe have never been featured on any other videos but Moonwalker.

I agree. I don't really miss Whatzupwithu and the History remix. There are probably legal reasons of why Whatzupwithu and What more can I give aren't on Vision. Whatzupwithu was on Eddie Murphy's album which was released by Motown, not Sony. So Sony don't own that song, Motown does. And to put What more can I give on it they probably would have needed Marc Schaffel's permission. Those legal clashes with Schaffel were the reason in first place why that song was never officially released.

The History remix is not really Michael's vision - not the song (as it's a remix which hardly resembles the original song), not the video. So I can kind of understand why it's not included.

I can also understand why Ghosts is only there in a short form. It would have been nice if they had put the full version on it, but from a business point of view it's understandable why they didn't.

The only thing I cannot understand is why the remix version of BOTDF and not the original on it? :doh:The original is so much better and that was Michael's vision, not the remix! So that one I consider a major mistake, the rest aren't really mistakes IMO (everything has a good reason like I said above).

Great points - I agree on all except on BOTDF. I do like the original version, but we have it on another DVD, and it is his vision when you consider he directed the short film. I'd rather they had the original, but it doesn't bother me that much that they included the remix version. Now we have the two versions. :yes:

What's so great about the history remix video? I think I've only seen about a minute of it but I always figured that MJ never had anything to do with it at all and so it want really his "vision".. I realize that cry is kinda like that but I kinda cut that one some slack since it was only 1 of 2 videos released from an entire album and it came on the cry cd single as an enhanced cd bonus feature (which was the only way I could see it at the time)..

So did MJ really hav much to do with the history remix video? I wonder if he ever even had much to do with who did the remix??

-Dal

Took some more time to watch the dvd's last night. I love how we know have everything together. I watched bits and pieces earlier int he week on my MacBook and I was a bit shocked that the videos were so pixalated on my 15 inch screen. Tried different programs, but it didn't matter (if you have a tip please tell me!!!)

So last night I watched on tv. It was much better luckily. I have a 12 year old tv (no widescreen or anything, only 56 cm diameter) and even on that it wasn't full screen.... I didn't get that, luckily the zoom button didn't have effect on the quality, so I could get full screen. But if they had the original tapes they could have made the effort to make it all widescreen, as that is the standard. The colours looked ok to me, but I had thought the quality would have been even higher. This can be as it's NTSC and I'm in Europe. Still need to check on my other dvd player to see if there is any difference in quality.

I've only been able to watch dvd 1 and 3 as 2 is damaged and doesn't work. Great service by Amazon though. I emailed last nigh and received an email this morning that they are sending a new dvd set and I can keep the old one as it's to expensive to send back. And what I really liked is that they suggested that I could give this one to charity. Very Michael!!! And I am going to see if I can get it working somehow (just so I can give the tip, or make a copy of my working one) and then I'm going to give it to a orphanage nearby.

And what I really liked is that they suggested that I could give this one to charity. Very Michael!!! And I am going to see if I can get it working somehow (just so I can give the tip, or make a copy of my working one) and then I'm going to give it to a orphanage nearby.

:clapping:

Ok, apparentely Holland doesn't have a lot of orphanages anymore. So I will be giving it to the childrens hospital in Rotterdam when I have to be in the adult wing myself next week :)

Michael visited the hospital back in 1992.

Ok, apparentely Holland doesn't have a lot of orphanages anymore. So I will be giving it to the childrens hospital in Rotterdam when I have to be in the adult wing myself next week :)

Michael visited the hospital back in 1992.

That's very nice ;)

only annoyed at them putting the BOTDF remix on, way too slow for my liking the original is much better !! The only other thing I can think of is only the short version of ghosts, the full version is pure genius. I loved the little intros and things though and the menu was cool. The highlight for me was the lenticular cover and the booklet

Overall: 9/10

only annoyed at them putting the BOTDF remix on, way too slow for my liking the original is much better !! The only other thing I can think of is only the short version of ghosts, the full version is pure genius. I loved the little intros and things though and the menu was cool. The highlight for me was the lenticular cover and the booklet

Overall: 9/10

Is it the short version of Ghosts? Not the 45 min one? Haven't been able to watch it as dvd2 is broken in my box. But that sucks (excuse my french), cos Ghosts is my fave video..... :(

I give it a BD instead a DVD!

NOTE: For all of us, BD player owners

I don't see a particular reason too buy a project like this: I've just finished watching it,and:
-no HQ,no remastering,no DTS,no BluRay,no making of,often video in 4:3,not full video of Ghosts,BOTDF remix!:doh:
For sure is somethin' for new fans and collectors,but for a long time fan this is nothing new (yes one more chance video is good,but with no front shoot!At least the girls have some nice butt close-up!:D),it is like the 100th greatest hits with a new package.
I hope they will release a far superior Blu Ray version in the future,because this videos are the history of pop music and they really deserve to be remastered in high definition!

Great points - I agree on all except on BOTDF. I do like the original version, but we have it on another DVD, and it is his vision when you consider he directed the short film. I'd rather they had the original, but it doesn't bother me that much that they included the remix version. Now we have the two versions. :yes:

They could have included both. There's enough space left on the 3rd disk.

I downloaded Visin from iTune. I enjoy having Michael's videos in my iPod.

Yes, it's true that the video quality is not the best. Will You Be There looks blurry on my computer. But, you know what, I don't mind paying $30 just for Another Part of Me. The man is HOT!!!!! The video of Another Part of Me is such a hidden gem. It's not on any prior video release.

Given how much effort I put in the past in surfing the web, browsing forums and forums to download clips of Michael's performances and appearances, Vision is really like a dream come true. I finally have Another Part of Me, TDCAU (prision version), Enjoy Yourself, Blame it to the Boogie and Can You Feel It in pocession.

After seeing Another Part of Me today and BAD World Tour in Yokohama yesterday, I pray Sony and the Estate will release the Bad Tour soon. Michael electrified the world during the BAD era. He's irresistable.

9/10
I've already seen all videos three times and I'm waching OMC now :D

Last edited:
I don't see a particular reason too buy a project like this: I've just finished watching it,and:
-no HQ,no remastering,no DTS,no BluRay,no making of,often video in 4:3,not full video of Ghosts,BOTDF remix!:doh:
For sure is somethin' for new fans and collectors,but for a long time fan this is nothing new (yes one more chance video is good,but with no front shoot!At least the girls have some nice butt close-up!:D),it is like the 100th greatest hits with a new package.
I hope they will release a far superior Blu Ray version in the future,because this videos are the history of pop music and they really deserve to be remastered in high definition!
If the orignial videos were in 4:3, they aren't going to suddenly be in 16:9.

Back