Krshna28

Proud Member
This your opportunity to rate Vision,

Content: 5/5
Presentation 5/5
Audio 3/5
Video 4/5

I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars.......

It loses half a star because of the Audio and Video Quality!!!!!

What do you think????

[To mods: I can't seem to add a poll to this thread, Could you change it so I can add one?]

Last edited:
The booklet is amazing.
The package with lenticular pictures is fantastic!
Video quality - great. Best released so far. TWYMMF was bad at some points, but I guess that's because it's dark in the video.
Sound is great too.

So I'll give it 9 out of 10 too. - OR 4.5 out of 5.

I'm just happy that we have nearly all of his music videos in one package. Sound, picture, colour and presentation are all excellent in my opinion. But I'm going to have to give it 9.5/10 (or 4.5 out of 5) because it doesn't have the HIStory Remix video or the original Blood On The Dance Floor.

Content : 3/5 : we are waiting for the makings of. We know the clips since a long time now.
Presentation : 4/5 : good but not amazing.
Audio : 3/5 : we are always far from the CD quality.
Video : 2/5 : the quality is under an official dvd should. They must do a true remasterisation. That will be the only reason that could make me buy another product like this. If not, they can dream.

Wow the quality is that bad?

I've been thinkin about buying this but I don't know. I'll just continue watching the music videos on youtube.

I haven't got mine yet, so I cannot comment on the quality. However content is 4/5 for me because of the original BOTDF not being on it. I can live with Whatzupwithu or even WATW not being on it - as well as Ghosts not being full (I think the full version will be released on a separate DVD), but the original BOTDF missing is a major fail IMO! The rest of the content is great, of course.

I'm just happy that we have nearly all of his music videos in one package. Sound, picture, colour and presentation are all excellent in my opinion. But I'm going to have to give it 9.5/10 (or 4.5 out of 5) because it doesn't have the HIStory Remix video or the original Blood On The Dance Floor.

Some videos are missing :
Whatzupwith you

2300 Jackson street

What more can l give

History remix and teaser

On the bonus disc they put "enjoy yourself", which is a good initiative. However they also could have put the amazing "shake your body down to the ground" performance, as well as the duet with Jermain Jackson on Victory tour "tell me I'm not dreamin' (too good to be true)" and the clip "We're here to change the world" from Captain EO" and "Dangerous live performance" + pepsi commercials -there was enough space on the bonus disc.

Whatzupwith you

2300 Jackson street

What more can l give

History remix and teaser

I know, that's why I put nearly all videos were on there.
Whatzupwitu probably didn't make it because of legal issues and the fact that the song and video were a flop.
Michael doesn't appear that much in 2300 Jackson Street so it would have been pointless to add that.
I've seen a video for WMCIG, but I'm not sure if there is a definite official version, plus Michael doesn't appear that much in it either.
I have already noted the HIStory Remix, but the teaser isn't a music video/short film so it shouldn't be included.

This your opportunity to rate Vision,

Presentation 5/5
Audio 3/5
Video 4/5

I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars.......

It loses half a star because of the Audio and Video Quality!!!!!

What do you think????

[To mods: I can't seem to add a poll to this thread, Could you change it so I can add one?]

I agree with your rating but would add:

Promotion: 0/5

There has been no promotion in the US & Canada. I don't know about overseas.

Whatzupwitu probably didn't make it because of legal issues and the fact that the song and video were a flop.
Michael doesn't appear that much in 2300 Jackson Street so it would have been pointless to add that.
I've seen a video for WMCIG, but I'm not sure if there is a definite official version, plus Michael doesn't appear that much in it either.
I have already noted the HIStory Remix, but the teaser isn't a music video/short film so it shouldn't be included.

I agree. I don't really miss Whatzupwithu and the History remix. There are probably legal reasons of why Whatzupwithu and What more can I give aren't on Vision. Whatzupwithu was on Eddie Murphy's album which was released by Motown, not Sony. So Sony don't own that song, Motown does. And to put What more can I give on it they probably would have needed Marc Schaffel's permission. Those legal clashes with Schaffel were the reason in first place why that song was never officially released.

The History remix is not really Michael's vision - not the song (as it's a remix which hardly resembles the original song), not the video. So I can kind of understand why it's not included.

I can also understand why Ghosts is only there in a short form. It would have been nice if they had put the full version on it, but from a business point of view it's understandable why they didn't.

The only thing I cannot understand is why the remix version of BOTDF and not the original on it? :doh:The original is so much better and that was Michael's vision, not the remix! So that one I consider a major mistake, the rest aren't really mistakes IMO (everything has a good reason like I said above).

Whatzupwith you

2300 Jackson street

What more can l give

History remix and teaser
Billie Jean '84 (the Victory Tour promo clip)
Goin' Places
Dreamer
Even Though You're Gone
Shake Your Body Down To The Ground (the promo video that was used on some music shows like Top Of The Pops)
Whatzupwithu
the TM Switchblade Version of Blood On The Dancefloor
This Is It
HIStory (Remix)
2300 Jackson Street

Presentation: 5/5
Audio: 4/5
Video: 3/5

Yes and no
Cry and Man in the mirror ,Michael doesn't appear either.

Yes and no
Cry and Man in the mirror ,Michael doesn't appear either.

Michael does appear in Man In The Mirror for a few seconds.
No he doesn't but they were his songs, whereas 2300 Jackson Street & Whatzupwitu wasn't.

Good things:
- Scream uncensored
- Official release of TDCAU prison version
- BOTDF remix, cause I personally like this better
- YRMW long version
- Best package ever

Bad things:
- WYBT is in extremely low resolution. I don't own Dangerous SF so I don't know what the original one looks like, but IMO the quality is very bad. Also, why no sound in the very beginning?
- Some SFs are in widescreen format while originally shot in 4:3 size. RTT, for example. This means the top and the bottom are cropped. Why did they do that?
- Ghost is the short version. I understand that SONY might want to release Ghosts separately, but then they could just make a SF for 2 Bad instead, just like Smooth Criminal etc.

4 of 5 points. Minus one point because of the picture quality.

NTSC version is ok but PAL version is terrible as it has black bars on every side. I also dont like how most videos have been edited or altered slightly. The only thing I like really is the book & 3rd DVD on NTSC.

8/10 overall. The only thing that really bugs me is not including the original version of BOTDF, and the videos are obviously not remastered, but I'll take it. I'm happy enough to have all the videos in one collection.

I have heard from other fans that there are thick black outlines around some of the videos, and even that Michael's head gets cut off at some points.

Is this true????

I have heard from other fans that there are thick black outlines around some of the videos, and even that Michael's head gets cut off at some points.

Is this true????

There are black outlines around some of the videos, but his head doesn't get cut off.

Wow the quality is that bad?

I've been thinkin about buying this but I don't know. I'll just continue watching the music videos on youtube.

Honestly it is really great. Don't be deterred by naysayers. You have 45 videos all in one beautiful package. The intros are amazing. The quality is much much better than any other video I own. It is a gem you will always treasure, believe me.

Like Hess mentioned the only thing from being perfect is TWYMMF has a couple of areas(few seconds where it is grainy) but much, much better than the previous one I own where most of it is grainy.

I have to give it 5 stars just like I did at Amazon.

There are black outlines around some of the videos, but his head doesn't get cut off.

All you need to do is press zoom and the outline will be gone. You don't need to do this for all videos. Overall it is great and worth every penny.

Back