Michael Jackson's Thriller set for big-screen resurrection

The big problem is that Thriller doesn't need crappy CGI.............

.........The original was perfect because of the realistic makeup and special FX........

.........If John Landis isn't involved.........forget it!!!!!!

how the hell do u base a feature length film off of a 14min music video and a song? what the hell, and a film based off of mikes VISION with NO michael? they can keep that sh!t, im really starting 2become quite agitated

I am looking forward to this even more now. Poe wrote a short poem which was turned into a whole movie, so the possibilities of a thriller movie is endless, to me.

I am looking forward to this even more now. Poe wrote a short poem which was turned into a whole movie, so the possibilities of a thriller movie is endless, to me.

Yeah I agree! I would like to see a movie that just happens to involve Thriller, if you know what I mean? Like maybe someone can play Vincent Price and tell the story of his involvement etc something like that. not exactly that but along those lines :D If it was to be a big time re-make with someone playing Michael I don't think I could handle that.

Yeah I agree! I would like to see a movie that just happens to involve Thriller, if you know what I mean? Like maybe someone can play Vincent Price and tell the story of his involvement etc something like that. not exactly that but along those lines :D If it was to be a big time re-make with someone playing Michael I don't think I could handle that.

I understand you. Like you, I do not think it will be Thriller as in the video, but something inspired by thriller including the song the the scary content. I want them to take their time and do something remarkable. It is good to see people THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX as Michael did.

I understand you. Like you, I do not think it will be Thriller as in the video, but something inspired by thriller including the song the the scary content. I want them to take their time and do something remarkable. It is good to see people THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX as Michael did.

Yeah, outside the box is the way forward :D

Maybe even going as far as seeing the back of Michael, like whilst two people have a seen together and you see Michael in the background Or even Michael getting his make-up done in the same room, now I think of it, it's very exciting lol

Kenny Ortega Gives Thriller Update

NEJcsVJJ8cqmMR_1_3.jpg
Michael Jackson's Thriller adaptation could be years away

Earlier this week, we reported that a big screen adaptation of Michael Jackson's hit single and [COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important][COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important]music [COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important]video[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] Thriller was caught in the middle of a bidding war between studios. Michael Jackson's This Is It director Kenny Ortega, who is rumored to be helming the musical horror movie, recently caught up with Entertainment Weekly to update them on Thriller.

Here is what Ortega had to say about the project:

"It got put out there before I've even really had a chance to think about it too much. It is still in very, very early stages of development. The [Michael Jackson] estate would have to sign off on it. I have been a part of some early creative meetings and if all goes well, I think it could happen in the next couple of years."

When asked if he was nervous about recreating something that is so iconic in pop culture history, Ortega confidently stated:

"Michael used to say to me that there is nothing to be afraid of and fear just gets in the way anyway. We were very good friends. I miss him. And I would never do anything to ruin his memory or one of his creations. But like I said, it is so early, so who knows what will materialize?"

Thriller is in development . The [COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important][COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important]film[/COLOR][/COLOR] is directed by Kenny Ortega.

here is link:http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEJcsVJJ8cqmMR
<script type="text/javascript"><!-- google_ad_client = "pub-2477946789801482"; /* 468x15, created 10/31/10 */ google_ad_slot = "7422899557"; google_ad_width = 468; google_ad_height = 15; //--> </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </script><script src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/expansion_embed.js"></script><script src="http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/test_domain.js"></script><script>google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</script><ins style="display: inline-table; border: medium none; height: 15px; margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 468px;"></ins>

Michael Jackson’s Thriller Film Will Be Coming Soon

Video of Michael Jackson for his 1982 cult thriller hit music is to get the Hollywood treatment. High School Musical Helmer Kenny Ortega, who was the choreographer for the king of pop planned Tour This Is It, is in line to direct a film adaptation.
The original 14-minute video in which Jackson was leading a group of zombies through a dance routine now infamous that was originally shot by director John Landis and is often regarded as the greatest pop music video of all time.
It has been speculated that the next film could focus on the character played by Vincent Price in the video. Awards, including the video narration and rap section.
The Hangover writer Jeremy Garelick script is the script of the film along with Rod Temperton, the man who wrote song.The creators of the Twilight series of films are interested in buying the film rights, which is Lions Gate and Twentieth Century Fox.

here is link:http://www.efreepressrelease.com/2010/117/michael-jacksons-thriller-film-will-be-coming-soon/

Re: Kenny Ortega Gives Thriller Update

Hmmm.

Kenny is the right man. But I still don't know what to think.

It seemed like MJ wanted to make movies badly but never really got the chance or went through with it completely when the opportunity came.

I wonder if the idea of a "Thriller" movie based on the album ever came up during the height of the albums success. Certainly with Prince having Purple Rain the idea of mixing music with a feature film was hot at the time. Imagine a film in 1985 or so using the music of Thriller starring MJ... What could have been...

I still don't know about this new Thriller, what is the point? Eh I guess it all depends on how it is handled.

It seemed like MJ wanted to make movies badly but never really got the chance or went through with it completely when the opportunity came.

I wonder if the idea of a "Thriller" movie based on the album ever came up during the height of the albums success. Certainly with Prince having Purple Rain the idea of mixing music with a feature film was hot at the time. Imagine a film in 1985 or so using the music of Thriller starring MJ... What could have been...

I still don't know about this new Thriller, what is the point? Eh I guess it all depends on how it is handled.

It still can boost Thriller sales AGAIN, who knows? (If not everybody has Thriller already. :D )

They say after the vampire craziness (Twilight saga etc.), now Zombies will be on in Hollywood again.

I dont like this idea and its jsut another way to make money out of Michaels name. The original will always be the best this is just going to be a money making scam.

rockstar;3041256 said:
Kenny Ortega Gives Thriller Update

NEJcsVJJ8cqmMR_1_3.jpg
Michael Jackson's Thriller adaptation could be years away

Earlier this week, we reported that a big screen adaptation of Michael Jackson's hit single and [COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important][COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important]music [COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important]video[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] Thriller was caught in the middle of a bidding war between studios. Michael Jackson's This Is It director Kenny Ortega, who is rumored to be helming the musical horror movie, recently caught up with Entertainment Weekly to update them on Thriller.

Here is what Ortega had to say about the project:

"It got put out there before I've even really had a chance to think about it too much. It is still in very, very early stages of development. The [Michael Jackson] estate would have to sign off on it. I have been a part of some early creative meetings and if all goes well, I think it could happen in the next couple of years."

When asked if he was nervous about recreating something that is so iconic in pop culture history, Ortega confidently stated:

"Michael used to say to me that there is nothing to be afraid of and fear just gets in the way anyway. We were very good friends. I miss him. And I would never do anything to ruin his memory or one of his creations. But like I said, it is so early, so who knows what will materialize?"

Thriller is in development . The [COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important][COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important]film[/COLOR][/COLOR] is directed by Kenny Ortega.

here is link:http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEJcsVJJ8cqmMR
<script type="text/javascript"><!-- google_ad_client = "pub-2477946789801482"; /* 468x15, created 10/31/10 */ google_ad_slot = "7422899557"; google_ad_width = 468; google_ad_height = 15; //--> </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </script><script src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/expansion_embed.js"></script><script src="http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/test_domain.js"></script><script>google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</script><ins style="display: inline-table; border: medium none; height: 15px; margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 468px;"></ins>

Michael Jackson’s Thriller Film Will Be Coming Soon

Video of Michael Jackson for his 1982 cult thriller hit music is to get the Hollywood treatment. High School Musical Helmer Kenny Ortega, who was the choreographer for the king of pop planned Tour This Is It, is in line to direct a film adaptation.
The original 14-minute video in which Jackson was leading a group of zombies through a dance routine now infamous that was originally shot by director John Landis and is often regarded as the greatest pop music video of all time.
It has been speculated that the next film could focus on the character played by Vincent Price in the video. Awards, including the video narration and rap section.
The Hangover writer Jeremy Garelick script is the script of the film along with Rod Temperton, the man who wrote song.The creators of the Twilight series of films are interested in buying the film rights, which is Lions Gate and Twentieth Century Fox.

here is link:http://www.efreepressrelease.com/2010/117/michael-jacksons-thriller-film-will-be-coming-soon/

What's the point in posting the same information after you can clearly see it's been posted already?

It just turns things into a mess!

I'm very glad but there are a million things going on right now. So lost.

Ugh!!!
Terrible idea... they are going to turn this into Twilight-esque crap now...
This sucks!!!
John Landis' Thriller IS the one MJ envisioned... I don't think they should mess with the classics... what they did for TII was enough IMO...

:agree: they would be stepping on too many toes... get off!

Back