Michael Jackson's This Is It - Overdubbed Vocals

When they pushed back the shows , the press release stated that it was due to changes in the production. Wasn't it later revealed it was because they wanted to give Michael as long as possible to stop being dependent on medication and suffering from paranoia?

Also, considering how close they were to the first show, everything seemed pretty behind, still a ton of work to be done for the first show.
They definitely weren't ready beyond MJs own health - so it was a two part thing I'd imagine

Look how much wasn't finished, Light Man, most of Zaldy's god awful costumes - the screen door only started working on 24th June

They definitely weren't ready beyond MJs own health - so it was a two part thing I'd imagine

Look how much wasn't finished, Light Man, most of Zaldy's god awful costumes - the screen door only started working on 24th June
Yeah, when I saw they hadn't even properly rehearsed Dirty Diana I was like there's no way this thing was gonna be ready in time lol.

Look how much wasn't finished, Light Man, [...]
I posted a video about Light Man ages ago - which I now can't find 🙄 - but it has interviews with the team that created the thing. Michael did see it as it was being built. They had just about completed the construction of it and were waiting to show it to him. He never got to see the finished version - which was the point of the video, iirc. The sadness that he never saw the complete thing.

god, I'm so confused now! Was it really not completed?

It was intended for some commercial use though, either behind-the-scenes featurettes for the DVD or promo material.
True - I would be interested in more TII stuff someday. Especially the last rehearsals where it was reported MJ was at his best.

I posted a video about Light Man ages ago - which I now can't find 🙄 - but it has interviews with the team that created the thing. Michael did see it as it was being built. They had just about completed the construction of it and were waiting to show it to him. He never got to see the finished version - which was the point of the video, iirc. The sadness that he never saw the complete thing.

god, I'm so confused now! Was it really not completed?
No, they never finished it - in here, around 4:30

Looks very rough

No, they never finished it - in here, around 4:30

Looks very rough
Yep, my mistake. That bit at 5.00 - 5.10, I've misremembered that bit. This is the video I was talking about, thanks so much for posting. I want to watch it again.

It was intended for some commercial use though, either behind-the-scenes featurettes for the DVD or promo material.
Around 10min of footage was going to be released on the DVD/Blu-ray release of the concert as a feaurette or behind the scenes video.

For those lucky enough to have bought tickets for This is It, including myself which would have been the first time ever seeing him live.

The o2 arena goes completely dark and the audience goes berserk....

and then we hear this, you know you're in the presence of a legendary icon.

I've imagined this in my head countless times over . It would have been phenomenal.

No idea! I thought the same while watching it.

I don't really understand the scale of it either - how would it float from under the garage door while being something big enough MJ had to jump out of it?
That's it mate, surely it'd have to be attached to a rig or something like a mechanical arm to make it appear as if it were floating onto the stage?

Back