Michael Jackson's 'This Is It - 3D' (Sony exclusive version) (Blu-ray)

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
original.png

Sony / 2009 / 111 Minutes / Rated G
Street Date: January 01, 2011 ((Release date is not yet confirmed, though a January release has been rumored))
List Price: TBA

The Disc: Vital Stats
Michael Jackson's 'This Is It' is one of the most bizarre 3D releases to grace this new format. It comes housed on a Region A/B/C BD50 disc, and is the only Sony
t_mini-a.png
Blu-ray 3D release to not feature transparent cover art utilizing the insert to create a 3D image. This one disc release houses both the 2D and "3D Enhanced Edition" of the film, and each version is selectable through the main menu.
'This Is It' on Blu-ray 3D is currently available only to those purchasing one of those expensive Sony 3DTV setups, in North America and in other regions. It can currently be bought for less than $50 on eBay, though listings for this item reveal an unusual detail, with a rumored late January release date. Sony hasn't been one to announce dates to their titles too far in advance, so this remains entirely possible. It is also peculiar because this promotional disc includes supplements, like a full retail version.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4513/ThisIsIt_3D_Promo.html

Coool..............

That should make Michael the first artist to get a 3D Blu-ray release!!!!!

AFAIK That version is leaked. It is on the net 40GB.

The added 3D elements are not really worth it.

Is this not a promo release ? ? ? ? I have heard they were give away when you buy Sony 3D HD screens...

Is this not a promo release ? ? ? ? I have heard they were give away when you buy Sony 3D HD screens...

A Sony 3D HD TV is not cheap. It costs about USD $1,500.

Unless they pack more never-before-seen footage; otherwise, to me, this release is not attractive enough for me to spend so much money to upgrade my TV.

exactly why i said its pointless, theyre using this 2promote their tvs. it comes with NO extra bonus footage so they can keep it. Which i guess theyre doing since im not paying 15k for a damn blu ray.

exactly why i said its pointless, theyre using this 2promote their tvs. it comes with NO extra bonus footage so they can keep it. Which i guess theyre doing since im not paying 15k for a damn blu ray.

15K???

more like 1.5K

I don't want to buy a Sony 3D (nothing against Sony...and I am definitely not part of the boycott Sony BS), I just prefer other brans like LG.

But i am interested in the 3D blu ray should it become available for retail

15K???

more like 1.5K

I don't want to buy a Sony 3D (nothing against Sony...and I am definitely not part of the boycott Sony BS), I just prefer other brans like LG.

But i am interested in the 3D blu ray should it become available for retail

Sony is alot more reliable than LG ;) LG have to many software issues...in the 2nd year you will have problem ;)

I wonder...who is that guy that is responsible for all things MJ @ sony? cause he's sucking at it. sorry bit off topic.

There's no need to buy a 3D TV right now..................

Just wait a few years and the TV's will get cheaper, glasses will get cheaper and 3D Blu-Ray players will get cheaper...............

There will also be much more content available on 3D.............

And they might release glasses-free 3DTV..........

You can buy TII 3D enhanced Blu-Ray and watch it in 2D for now..........and when you eventually go 3D.........you will already have some 3D MJ waiting to be watched!!!!!!!

I don't enjoy 3D movies. The glasses give me a headache, and the color always seems off. I'd rather watch a normal movie with great cinematography. I think it may turn out to be a fad. I could be wrong, though.

Why cant they Release it on DVD 3D, and yh they are being tackticke with this because they are Promoting their New 3D Tv's which are over £1000.00

Hmmm... <3

Just wait a few years and the TV's will get cheaper, glasses will get cheaper and 3D Blu-Ray players will get cheaper...............

You can buy TII 3D enhanced Blu-Ray and watch it in 2D for now..........and when you eventually go 3D.........you will already have some 3D MJ waiting to be watched!!!!!!!
In a few years, not only will the current 3D TV's get cheaper, but 3D TV's with no need for 3D glasses will be available.

Mjjforever*chantale;3157344 said:
Why cant they Release it on DVD 3D, and yh they are being tackticke with this because they are Promoting their New 3D Tv's which are over £1000.00

Hmmm... <3

3D DVD's usually use those two colour glasses (usually either red-cyan, megenta-green or blue-amber). The MJ tribute that the Grammy Awards did (with TII Earth Song video) used the red-cyan glasses when it was shown on TV

They sometimes have problems like ghosting and the colours are all messed up..........

But when it does work, you do actually see 3D images without the need for expensive 3D HD equipment!!!!!!!..........

And I would actually buy one.........but they'll never do that because they want everyone to buy 3D TV and Blu Ray!!!!!!

yup, and i allready have my 3d player for a longer time now. the PS3. :D
only waiting for a cheaper full hd led 3d screen. 500 euro. thats enough for this. samsung or panasonic, for sure. sony = samsung or panasonic + 500 euro for the name 'sony' (thats the difference in my opinion)

Purchased a 3DTV for Christmas and this one of the 5 free Blu-Rays that came with it.
For the first time ever they include the full Earth Song Vignette as an extra... To watch all three 'Thriller', 'Smooth Criminal' and 'Earth Song' as they were intended to be seen in 3D is amazing.... especially 'Thriller' when they are thrusting swords etc into the screen.... very impressive. During the film itself you also get to see TDCAU and other certain snippets in 3D too...

All very upsetting on what would have been... :no:

I don't enjoy 3D movies. The glasses give me a headache, and the color always seems off. I'd rather watch a normal movie with great cinematography. I think it may turn out to be a fad. I could be wrong, though.

I agree. Watching Avatar was just making me nautious, and it wasn't because of the weak story line. In the only other movie I've seen in 3D (Alice in Wonderland) the 3D hardly added anything. I smell hype.

I agree. Watching Avatar was just making me nautious, and it wasn't because of the weak story line. In the only other movie I've seen in 3D (Alice in Wonderland) the 3D hardly added anything. I smell hype.

I wonder, do either of you need to wear glasses or contact lenses?????........

I've noticed that people who do not usually wear glasses has had a hard time adjusting to wearing 3D glasses...........including headaches, feeling dizzy or just feeling sick!!!!!!!!

^Hmm interesting. What's the theory behind this? I wear contact lenses, so that means I should be able to watch 3D without a problem, or did I misunderstand? Maybe my eyes just got worse... meh.

^Hmm interesting. What's the theory behind this? I wear contact lenses, so that means I should be able to watch 3D without a problem, or did I misunderstand? Maybe my eyes just got worse... meh.

Well, during my teen years my lens prescription used to change very often and I needed new glasses at least once a year..........

And when I got a new glasses I sometimes (rarely) got headaches or get dizzy..........

And when some people try on 3D glasses for the first time they sometimes get headaches or get dizzy..........

There's no science or evidence.........it just an observation.............

....But nothing is ever just black and white!!!!

Whoaa look what I just found

It says its going to be in the 3D version of TII. So there will be new material?

Oh, my goodness! THANK YOU for posting that clip of "She's Out of My Life" from the TII rehearsals. I didn't know he'd rehearsed it. So, Sony's holding back. He sounds wonderful--normal vibrato, soulful, just MICHAEL. (I do hope this doesn't turn out to be from another performance. Can anyone authenticate this is from TII?)
Thanks again! Made my day to hear his voice from May 28th, 2009. Miss him and his beautiful voice....

Back