Michael Jackson wants Chinese market if tour extends, report says

mkgenie

Proud Member
09032215071350859ddec08794.jpg

Michael Jackson in Malaysia, 1996.

March 22, 2009 - According to reports from Malaysian media today, an official with AEG Live said China is Michael Jackson's most desired destination if his farewell tour extends to Asia.

The official told Guang Ming Daily that Michael Jackson missed Chinese destinations in his last two world tours in the 1990's. Millions of fans in China, which has population of 1.3 billion and hosts the magnificent Olympics in 2008, never got chance in the past to see Michael Jackson perform live on the Chinese mainland.

Now AEG also has got offers from promoters all over Asian regions, including Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, and Malaysia.

If "This Is It" tour does extend, Jackson may come to Asia in the second half of 2010 and hold two concerts in each country. Japan will probably be the first destination to kick off Jackson's Asian tour.

But Guang Ming Daily said many Malaysian promoters are still hesitate to welcome the King of Pop since each concert will require 5 million British pounds for his performance alone, as much as what he got from each London gig. There will be more costs for promoters to consider, including production and promotion fees.

Malaysian promoters are worried about the fact that even though they could sell out all the dates, they will still suffer loss in the end.

And Asian promoters will also have to consider the risks brought by their conservative governments, which may decide to cancel the shows at the last minute.

(Source:http://ent.sinchew-i.com/node/12562 / translated by Keen from MJJCN.com)

Last edited:
09032215071350859ddec08794.jpg

Michael Jackson in Malaysia, 1996.

Malaysian promoters are worried about the fact that even though they could sell out all the dates, they will still suffer loss in the end.

Not surprised about that, the costs for entourage and everything what they need is mostly higher than the income...

Well this is good news for asia but Australia too... means he will most likely do Aus after Asia!!

Well Paris is Europe... The Europe leg of the tour is London! (IF he is doing it this way... cause 50 dates in London is pretty much the Europe Tour!)

US dates probably... but Michael has never been keen touring the US in his last tours so I dunno... I think he might though this time. IMO.

Me as Dutch fan, I hope he is doing the USA. If Im correct than the Americans havnt seen him live since the BAD tour - I feel like they deserve it :)

^^ You forgot about MSG2001?!
MJ, please come to Asia:wub:
Asian MJ fans are waiting for you!!

assuming that a new album will be out surrounding these shows, if he goes to asia, especially china and japan, his success will be far beyond anything that other artists are capable of in this day and age. michael jackson is THE global artist of a lifetime

assuming that a new album will be out surrounding these shows, if he goes to asia, especially china and japan, his success will be far beyond anything that other artists are capable of in this day and age. michael jackson is THE global artist of a lifetime

great point.. and I agree with the article... I think China is a desired place for a tour.. I think the closes he came before was Taiwan...

I think Michael is still the biggest selling western artist in Asia...

I can just imagine ...the Chinese going crazy for Michael....if he did a tour there... and Japan desires a tour... they spent thousand$$$$$$$ for just 2mins with him back in 2007....

you'll think London went nuts.................US and Asia??? its going to be like fire....

This is very exciting news indeed! Asian fans, except Japan, have not seen much of MJ since History!
Singapore would be an excellent destination, and central enough for fans from Asia and Australia to go to

China and India woud be perfect places for worldwide campaign and promotional strategy and marketing!!! One gig in China and ona in India would attract media in the countries (especially in Chinese media), generally Michael has really a huge impact on Asian artists, and I can imagine the Michaelmania in Asia! Michael should perform there!

And it would impact also American market.

Last edited:
You got that right. Those Asians love dem some Michael. They be all out in the streets screaming and crying and running and everything else. The sight is an amazing thing to see.

You got that right. Those Asians love dem some Michael. They be all out in the streets screaming and crying and running and everything else. The sight is an amazing thing to see.

Oh that is right...didn't the Chinese have a Parade when MJ. was vindicated....oh boy pure jubilation if he performs there...

It's like every artist has massive amounts of fans in Asian countries. But during a show they are silent and watching! So different.

although, I would love him to come to the states. I will be happy if he is received well in whatever country(s) he chooses to tour. All I wish is for final vindication of his musical legacy and influence :zformation:

A few dates in the USA would be simply Gravy !!

although, I would love him to come to the states. I will be happy if he is received well in whatever country(s) he chooses to tour. All I wish is for final vindication of his musical legacy and influence :zformation:

A few dates in the USA would be simply Gravy !!

Ditto that part right there!

I really want a world tour,I can't go in London..
I live in Croatia,but i now that he will not come here,if he come in Italy,France,Germany,I will go..
and hello everyone,I'm new here

:yes:Mike shud come to India first of all:agree:..Thats gotta be the first place,last time there were 60,000 but now this time it cud be Sold Out show:punk:..After all he is Michael Jackson:Dand remember my Set List..That wud do enough magic of Michael Jackson:cheers:
next stop is India:angel::angel::angel::angel:

Back