Michael Jackson tribute on Lopez tonight

I only hope that his show fails as badly as Leno's new show.

"Lopez Tonight" debuts with strong ratings

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – George Lopez's new late-night talk show drew 3.2 million viewers during its cross-network premiere on TNT, TBS and TruTv.

Having the debut on three networks skews the ratings, but the isolated TBS number is still a strong figure for 11 p.m. on a cable network. Lopez was seen by 1.7 million viewers on TBS, 1 million of whom were adults 18-49.

That's higher than the current season averages (though not the premieres) of the adult-demographic draws for talk shows like CBS' "Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson," ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" and Comedy Central's "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart." Using the combined three-network number, the show was sampled by more adult-demo viewers than Conan O'Brien or David Letterman's average.

TBS typically airs off-net repeats like "My Name Is Earl" in the slot. "Lopez Tonight" drew about a 70 percent higher household rating than the network's usual fare among total viewers. It doesn't hold a candle, however, to the performance of some of the shows that air during earlier time periods on the network -- for example, the network's Tyler Perry comedies.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091111/tv_nm/us_lopez

I can't even stomach seeing a single picture of that creep. He deliberately downplayed Gavin's role in the con against him, instead he worked to the benefit of the family by portraying the original dad as the abusive and conniving one--calling the children and rest of the family "very sweet" etc... He was as reluctant a witness as Jay Leno, who likewise lied under oath just to spite Michael.

After the trial, Lopez said so many hateful things about Michael. Saying when he saw him his face was like a porcelain doll all cracked and white, and using the same dumb joke repeatedly each time he hosted shows like ET etc--"Are you sure that's Michael Jackson? I thought for sure it was [insert some female celebrity here]."

I only hope that his show fails as badly as Leno's new show.[/QUOTE

Wow
I didnt realise all this :(
Im glad I went back and read the whole thread

I can't even stomach seeing a single picture of that creep. He deliberately downplayed Gavin's role in the con against him, instead he worked to the benefit of the family by portraying the original dad as the abusive and conniving one--calling the children and rest of the family "very sweet" etc... He was as reluctant a witness as Jay Leno, who likewise lied under oath just to spite Michael.

After the trial, Lopez said so many hateful things about Michael. Saying when he saw him his face was like a porcelain doll all cracked and white, and using the same dumb joke repeatedly each time he hosted shows like ET etc--"Are you sure that's Michael Jackson? I thought for sure it was [insert some female celebrity here]."

I only hope that his show fails as badly as Leno's new show.

I heard about his role in the trail but i didn't know he did all that to him. Poor Mike. :(

I haven't watched any of his comedy but does that necessarly mean that MJ did not like him?

As you know MJ had several comedian friends Chris Tucker, Eddie Murphy, Eddie Griffin and Steve Harvey and all of these people had MJ in their comedy bits. I don't think Chris Tucker said anything bad about him but other people have made fun of MJ to some extent.

Eddie Murhpy called him "not the most masculine fellow"..
Eddie Griffin made fun about looking an alien, bleaching and paternity of children.
Steve Harvey had a skit about MJ's clothes calling him Captain Crunch.

It is very common knowledge that MJ loved Eddie Murphy and Steve Harvey's jokes and Eddie Griffin was at trial for support and blasted to papparrazi after MJ's death.

so comedy bits does not necessarily show how this people felt about MJ and we really do not know how MJ felt about George Lopez right?

steve harvey made fun of mike in the way that u were laughing with it not at mike. same w/ tucker. and eddie is a family friend.

eddie griffin is a friend of JOE and MAJESTIK not mike's. he may have blasted media but when he did his movie scary movie whatever number, he made fun of mike again. not funny and it was related to a child. so again, he's an opportunist.

and what steve said about mike's outfits...um is he wrong? lol

no he wasn't , he said over time he believed that they were extortionist.

Jeez people...
relax... not everybody was after Michael... seriously...
it's amazing how so called "fans" don't even know the story...

I have no general opinion about Lopez and his show but I do know that he helped Michael's team in the trial. To be fair George couldn't defend Michael because he didn't know him and didn't know anything about what happened at Neverland with him and those people.

What he could and DID do however was point out how shady that family was and how it wouldn't be hard to imagine that they were trying to get money out of someone who tried to help them. So in my eyes he was honest, shared what he had to share and while it didn't make Michael look "better" it made the Arvizo's look much much worse, which helped Michael.

I do agree with the above comments and suggest that some folks here read the Aphrodite Jones book about the trial for some more edification on the topic.

Based on the information in the book (which was approved and praised by T Mez), a lot of peoples role in the trial have been greatly skewed in the court of public opinion.

Some are praised when they never contributed anything substantial, some are vilified when all they did was give their testimony and some people are all but forgotten when their point of view is very interesting and important in context of the entire case.

For those who are interested in getting the REAL facts and not getting carried away with loaded threads that are mostly based on the opinions of others, get the book. It's very eye opening.

Or look here...

http://jetzi-mjvideo.com/books2/con/con0xi.html

I have no general opinion about Lopez and his show but I do know that he helped Michael's team in the trial. To be fair George couldn't defend Michael because he didn't know him and didn't know anything about what happened at Neverland with him and those people.

What he could and DID do however was point out how shady that family was and how it wouldn't be hard to imagine that they were trying to get money out of someone who tried to help them. So in my eyes he was honest, shared what he had to share and while it didn't make Michael look "better" it made the Arvizo's look much much worse, which helped Michael.

I do agree with the above comments and suggest that some folks here read the Aphrodite Jones book about the trial for some more edification on the topic.

Based on the information in the book (which was approved and praised by T Mez), a lot of peoples role in the trial have been greatly skewed in the court of public opinion.

Some are praised when they never contributed anything substantial, some are vilified when all they did was give their testimony and some people are all but forgotten when their point of view is very interesting and important in context of the entire case.

For those who are interested in getting the REAL facts and not getting carried away with loaded threads that are mostly based on the opinions of others, get the book. It's very eye opening.

Or look here...

http://jetzi-mjvideo.com/books2/con/con0xi.html

is that the book (Conspiracy)?! if so, thank you thank you thank you!!! I've been trying to get a hold of it for ages.

Aww the interview part was awkward, the guy was really nervous. Judith and the band did an amazing job though. She sang man in the mirror.

At the end GL gave the whole audience a surprise of a special screening of TII next door to his studio. I like the effort for THIS IS IT still getting shine.

Has anyone seen the program?

um yea i seen the program...

Michael said they ran through dirty diana... Does that mean its part of the stuff we DIDN'T see?

And i wonder if Orianthi knows what MJ really wanted her for haha jk jk ;)

so michael bearden told this story of him having a conversation with michael of the dirty diana set with the girl doing the ''clean pole dancing'' and he asked michael where mike would be...i guess on the set) and michael asked why are you asking me this? ''in the bed!'' (with the girl i guess) and then bearden asked where orianthi would be then..michael said in the bed too....and then michael said to bearden ...and i can handle it...

something to that effect
i hope i got that right lol that was funny

so michael bearden told this story of him having a conversation with michael of the dirty diana set with the girl doing the ''clean pole dancing'' and he asked michael where mike would be...i guess on the set) and michael asked why are you asking me this? ''in the bed!'' (with the girl i guess) and then bearden asked where orianthi would be then..michael said in the bed too....and then michael said to bearden ...and i can handle it...

something to that effect

haha i hope Orianthi seen it!

She has mad skills on the AXE and what skills Michael wanted to discover! hahaha oh i LOVE Michael! so naughty....

On a related note.... He said they did a run through of DD... Do you think we will get to see that footage on the dvd extras?

That was nice.....but, I remember George saying he wanted MJ as his first guess because since "MJ is Both Black and White, he can appeal to his audience!" How different is George tone now...SHAME SHAME!

But, god bless the MJ Band!:)

Well, I watched the show tonight because I wanted to see the MJ tribute, but will not watch again. Lopez is one of those comedians that base a lot of his jokes on racial stereotypes. I know a lot of comedians do this, but I think that is George's thing.

Anyways, as far as I am concerned, GL appeared to be respectful to MJ. Queen Latifah was a guest and he asked her what her favorite MJ memories were.

Then he spent about 5 min talking with Michael Bearden and he told that great story about the DD performance, MJ would be in the bed with Orianthi and the aerialist and that he could handle it! Then Bearden said that he was the last person from the rehearsal to say goodbye to Michael that night and that Michael was very happy at how the rehearsal went. Bearden looked a bit emotional to me. He said that the whole band got emotional when they were practicing for the show tonight because it was the first time they had reunited like this since the memorial. :(

Then GL asked Bearden what he wanted people to remember Michael for and Bearden said that MJ's legacy should always be about his music and about love. He said that Michael would tell him that he loved him and how many people are told they are loved by their boss. He said that Michael was full of love.

Also, there are two other members of MJ's band that is now with the George Lopez show- Tommy Organ on guitar and Alex Al on bass. I think they are Bearden's boys. He said that he was happy to have them with him. They also had Bashiri, Sugarfoot, and the white backup singer on the show.

Judith sounded amazing!!! She has a phenomenal voice.

If the TII concert ever gets performed, I sort of can see it performed like what I saw tonight. It will never be the same without Michael. But this band and his backup dancers worked so hard to put the show together, not to mention Michael. It would be nice to see it performed somehow!

Last edited:
I'm sorry I do not like when fans imagine that everybody is against MJ but I saw this man say really nasty things about Michael they were very hurtfull.

something to that effect

Hee hee that's so funny! Mike, you playa! God I wish I could have seen that :cry:

Okay, this story about Michael being able to handle two women in his bed is seriously HOT!!! *faints*

i saw it last night :yes: he was funny :giggle:

the tribute they did it wasn't that great :no: sorry to say that but i tell the truth i not lie :no:

Back