Michael Jackson The Anti Tour

analogue

Proud Member
Kylie Monigue (I think it was her but i may be wrong) once did a tour called ''The Anti Tour'' where she performed songs that were B-sides/never released as singles or songs she'd never had the chance to perform live, and i was thinking about how cool it would have been if MJ did something like that. It could have been a one off concert and not a full on tour.

If MJ could have done something like this, what setlist would have you liked to have seen?

Kylie Monigue (I think it was her but i may be wrong) once did a tour called ''The Anti Tour'' where she performed songs that were B-sides/never released as singles or songs she'd never had the chance to perform live, and i was thinking about how cool it would have been if MJ did something like that. It could have been a one off concert and not a full on tour.

If MJ could have done something like this, what setlist would have you liked to have seen?

Michael Jackson: The Hidden Gem Tour? :D

I often fantacize about Michael doing a one-off unlugged concert where he would perform all the hidden gems. Along with the acoustic version of big hits - because let's be real you can't have an MJ concert without songs like Billie Jean. But they could too be performed in a different arrangement and in a more intimate setting than usual.
So the songs I'd like to see him perform in such a concert (not necessarily in this order - I didn't think about the order):

Who Is It
Get On The Floor
I Can't Help It
Lady In My Life
Someone In The Dark
Time Waits For No One
Bless His Soul
That's What You Get (For Being Polite)
Butterflies
Whatever Happens
Walk Right Now
Be Not Always
Smile
Speechless
In The Closet
Remember The Time
Give In To Me
On The Line
In The Back
Keep The Faith
Cheater
Sunset Driver
P.Y.T
Monkey Business

Oh the first on my list has to be Liberian Girl, he never performed it live and how I would've loved it!:wub: also Lady In my life but he was prob too shy for that. My list would also include:

-She Drives Me Wild
-Who Is It
-Leave Me Alone
-Why You Wanna Trip On Me
-Threatened
-Heaven Can Wait
-Break of Dawn
-I Wanna Be Where You Are (as an adult, of course)
-She Got It
-Work That Body
-Love Never Felt So Good
-The Way You Love Me
etc..
Oh so many, so many.... great idea it would've been indeed... :sigh:

Oh yeah, Liberian Girl! I forgot it, but definitely, it has to be there! As well as Love Never Felt So Good.

cant believe no one has said tabloid junkie :O that song wouldve been genius on stage!! oh, and give in to me. that song is a live song as the short film showed, those two wouldve worked best live imo

Get On The Floor
I Can't Help It
The Lady In My Life
Liberian Girl
Leave Me Alone
Remember The Time
Who Is It
Scream (full)
Childhood
Tabloid Junkie
Is It Scary
Unbreakable
Heaven Can Wait
Butterflies
Why You Wanna Trip On Me
Blues Away
That's What You Get For Being Polite

Who Is It
Give In To Me
Little Susie
Is It Scary
Walk Right Now
Speechless
Whatever Happens
Liberian Girl

I would had so totally loved to have seen at least some of these songs performed.:

Give In To Me
Why You Wanna Trip On Me
Someone Put Your Hand Out
Who Is It
Fall Again
Do You Know Where Your Children Are
Tabloid Junkie
Morphine
Price Of Fame
Got The Hots
She Drives Me Wild
Little Susie
Abortion Papers
Free
Liberian Girl
Sunset Driver
We've Had Enough
Hot Street
Butterflies
Threatened
Street Walker

I often fantacize about Michael doing a one-off unlugged concert where he would perform all the hidden gems. Along with the acoustic version of big hits - because let's be real you can't have an MJ concert without songs like Billie Jean. But they could too be performed in a different arrangement and in a more intimate setting than usual.
So the songs I'd like to see him perform in such a concert (not necessarily in this order - I didn't think about the order):

Who Is It
Get On The Floor
I Can't Help It
Lady In My Life
Someone In The Dark
Time Waits For No One
Bless His Soul
That's What You Get (For Being Polite)
Butterflies
Whatever Happens
Walk Right Now
Be Not Always
Smile
Speechless
In The Closet
Remember The Time
Give In To Me
On The Line
In The Back
Keep The Faith
Cheater
Sunset Driver
P.Y.T
Monkey Business

Agree ...
I love those songs and I wanted to hear them live but it never happened ...

I would have loved to of heard a completed and full version of the Thriller/Threatened part of This Is It. That looked freaking awesome! :D

Also One More Chance should get a performance too!

it said that Kylie's Anti Tour included no dancers! imagine it just being Michael with wide front shots and close ups *.* oh, and I forgot 2BAD, that song would've sounded perfect on stage, I wish he considered something like this, I always dreamed of seeing two angles of just Michael and no one else *le cries* :heart:

Or, you know, being there in person.

And 2 angles it boring. At least 4 angles. Doesn't matter if there's no dancers.
Those same 2 shots would get repetitive.

-Tower/soundboard cam
-bottom of stage
-stage right
-stage left (if its small venues, no crane. Stage left could be behind the band).

Slightly off topic;

It would have awesome if MJ played at Red Rocks amphitheater in Colorado. I saw Daft Punk there in 2007. Such a BEAUTIFUL venue. Mid-size. Not huge, not small. Not a single bad "seat" in the place (it's just rows of concrete steps/flat slabs. You can see the show even at the way top.

I would have rather he did a smaller tour (festivals and mid-size venues, kind of like what Janet did for #1's.)

These venues would have been killer for multi-night stays for a smaller U.S. tour:

Red Rocks Amphitheater, Colorado

rr11.jpg

20120611_134754_redrocks2.jpg

970490553_d39b2fb817.jpg

View from Red Rocks stage. Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) said he loves this venue because you can practically see every face in the audience.

bassnectar-family-photo-red-rocks-6-1-12_brittchester.jpg

The Greek, California

1351625124_greek%20theatre%20berkeley%20tickets.jpg

l.jpg

944775630_cd7f18d85d.jpg

931631960_6cedecdeac_z.jpg

It's not that he couldn't sell out an arena or stadium, but doing this smaller venues would have been a really intimate up close setting (without getting TOO small, like Roseland NYC or something).

Slightly off topic;

It would have awesome if MJ played at Red Rocks amphitheater in Colorado. I saw Daft Punk there in 2007. Such a BEAUTIFUL venue. Mid-size. Not huge, not small. Not a single bad "seat" in the place (it's just rows of concrete steps/flat slabs. You can see the show even at the way top.

I would have rather he did a smaller tour (festivals and mid-size venues, kind of like what Janet did for #1's.)

These venues would have been killer for multi-night stays for a smaller U.S. tour:

rr11.jpg

970490553_d39b2fb817.jpg

View from Red Rocks stage. Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) said he loves this venue because you can practically see every face in the audience.

The Greek, California

l.jpg

944775630_cd7f18d85d.jpg

It's not that he couldn't sell out an arena or stadium, but doing this smaller venues would have been a really intimate up close setting (without getting TOO small, like Roseland NYC or something).

This is beautiful! :eek: :woohoo:

Riiight?
A slightly scaled down production of a show to fit smaller places. Though, it's not tiny. I mean, Nine Inch Nails 2008 tour was big arena/festival tour that managed to fit in mid sized places like Red Rocks, too.

Sorry to spam/go off topic, but it's such a beautiful venue, and a place like this would have been amazing to see MJ in :D
Oh, and U2 performed there too before they were huge (I believe there's even a famous concert film of it).

Nine Inch Nails @ Red Rocks 2008
Just imagine MJ playing here!!

2842013639_1548ffa30b_o.jpg

soundcheck90208.jpg

nine-inch-nails-1226550728.jpg

nin.jpg

2842849474_dd221ea9e7_o.jpg

2842014167_4ffcd53fbe_o.jpg

Unbreakable/Heartbreaker/Invincible (Medley)
Can't Let Her Get Away
Get On The Floor
Speechless
Al Capone
Free
Baby Be Mine
Tabloid Junkie
Speed Demon
Liberian Girl
Leave Me Alone
Who Is It
Is It Scary
Money
Just Good Friends (With Stevie Wonder)
Cheater
The Lady In My Life
Money Business
Give Into Me
She Drives Me Wild
We've Had Enough
Keep The Faith

Slightly off topic;

rr11.jpg

970490553_d39b2fb817.jpg

The Greek, California

l.jpg

944775630_cd7f18d85d.jpg

Red Rocks would've been GREAT for him! I've seen quite a few shows there while I was stationed in Denver (US Air Force) and loved it.

Some of the songs you mentioned I always wanted Michael to perform I agree.

Someone In The Dark, The Lady In My Life is as boring as hell.
Love Never Felt So Good
Nite Line
Speed Demon
Leave Me Alone
Who Is It
Remember The Time
Give Into Me
In The Closet full
DS full
Tabloid Junkie
Money
Childhood
Smile
2Bad/Ghost/Is It Scary
Morphine
We've Had Enough
On The Line
Unbreakable
Butterflies
Speechless
Whatever Happens
Thriller/Threatened
Best Of Joy
Much Too Soon
Price Of Fame
Xscape

What it'll really puzzle me forever is the fact he never played instruments live. To see him playing at least the piano would had been magical. Madonna pretends to play a few cords of her guitar but the audience go nuts anyway, I bet Michael was a more skillful musician than her.

I think the reason why Michael never played any instruments live is because he just wasn't that great of an instrumentalist. He could probably play a few basic things but that was probably it.

I would have loved to of heard a completed and full version of the Thriller-Threatened of This Is It. That looked freaking awesome! :D

Also One More Chance should get a performance too!

Yes, I want to see those, and for me add
Butterflies
Heartbreak Hotel (This Place Hotel)

What it'll really puzzle me forever is the fact he never played instruments live. To see him playing at least the piano would had been magical. Madonna pretends to play a few cords of her guitar but the audience go nuts anyway, I bet Michael was a more skillful musician than her.

I don't think Michael needed gimmicks like that. I rather see him dance than pretend he's doing something that he is not great at, just to impress some clueless people.

I don't think that would be a good idea. He better stick with his craft - that is dancing. One of Michael's engineers Rob Hoffman said -

...They bounced ideas back and forth, but at one point David wasn't getting the chords MJ wanted to hear so he said "you play it". Michael said "I can't, I'm a terrible piano player". David said show me anyway. Apparently after a few minutes of plinking David stopped him, and said "you really are terrible."

I heard that he played drums very well but never witnessed it. Other than that he sang, danced or beatboxed every part he wanted to hear.

I don't think Michael needed gimmicks like that. I rather see him dance than pretend he's doing something that he is not great at, just to impress some clueless people.

Exactly. Michael didn't need to play instruments to impress some music snobs

I don't know if The Anti Tour sounds fitting, but "The Hidden Gem" sounds more suitable.

Here are the ones I would love to see Michael perform live on that tour:

"Streetwalker"
"Why You Wanna Trip On Me"
"Speed Demon"
"Liberian Girl"
"Butterflies"
"Give In To Me"
"Leave Me Alone"
"Get On The Floor"
"Free"
"In The Back"
"P.Y.T." (Pretty Young Thing)
"Price Of Fame"
"On The Line"
"Morphine"
"Abortion Papers"
"Tabloid Junkie"
"Who Is It"
"Childhood"
"Keep The Faith"
"One More Chance"

Plus I would love the idea of that tour to be performed at the proposed GTA Centre in the Toronto area. Though you can't see what's inside yet, but I bet it'll a bit bigger than the inside of Air Canada Centre.

9b06634941749273e0eafe565ab8-668x375.jpg

I agree on your point but I never said Michael had to pretend, I just mentioned Madonna because she isn't even a musician and goes out pretending she plays the guitar anyways. I just assumed Michael was better than her since he's received more credits playing drums, keyboard, synthesizer and guitar.

I agree on your point but I never said Michael had to pretend, I just mentioned Madonna because she isn't even a musician and goes out pretending she plays the guitar anyways. I just assumed Michael was better than her since he's received more credits playing drums, keyboard, synthesizer and guitar.

But why to clown around with something you are not really great at? I don't think Madonna should be an example to follow for MJ. Clowning around with a guitar on stage won't make her a greater musician. (Just maybe for clueless people.)

Back