Michael Jackson statue could be bound for Capitol building

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
A statue of the late Michael Jackson could grace the stuffy Capitol building in Washington DC if rumour has it correct.

Vanity Fair reports California is lobbying to get a statue of Jackson into the Capitol building's National Statuary Hall Collection. The law permits each state to honour two people from its history with life-sized works. The statues can be changed after 10 years.

California appears to be jazzing up its statues with some celeb power. In June it replaced a likeness of a 19th-century San Francisco preacher, Thomas Starr King, with a seven-foot Ronald Reagan in bronze. That leaves California’s statue of an 18th-century Spanish missionary Father Junipero Serra (since 1931).

VF reports the Office of the Architect of the Capitol wouldn’t confirm or deny the Jackson rumour.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/p...on-statue-could-be-bound-for-Capitol-building

AMAZING :clapping:

A monument to Michael Jackson's GENIUS, its awesome! :clapping:

Michael would LOOOOVE IT!!!!!

LOVING THIS! :wild: :wild: :wild:

well..not confirmed or denied...i guess that means something... at least they're not denying it..

Michael Jackson DESERVES that statue, he simply deserves it....., its an honor he EARNT, he was the last REAL GENIUS, this is an OBVIOUS THING TO DO... this should be a monument to it.
And it would also be an example for everyone, that if you work hard enough in your life, you could one day be honored the SAME way, and this just HAS to be done....is a MUST, to remember his genius, its a reminder of human greatness

Michael would deserve it the most, but I doubt they're gonna do it. Just some buzz for that building next.

If anyone has ever deserved a statue it is Michael Jackson.

And just because there are so many ugly fools in the world that speak negatively about him for whatever strange personal reasons they have for doing so, does not mean that his fans should be intimidated by these people or lose hope or think about what others are thinking because these "others" are a bunch of fascists.

We as Michael's fans should always be positive and optimistic and fight for what we believe in (in Michael and his genius and his golden heart and the good in general), because we are on the right side! ;)

So I'd say erect a statue of Michael Jackson in every damn country in the world!!!

:)

WOW, what an honor! That is such amazing news! Michael deserves this, I truely hope this is true.

Wow, this is such great news. I love this, I just hope it happens.

And just because there are so many ugly fools in the world that speak negatively about him for whatever strange personal reasons they have for doing so, does not mean that his fans should be intimidated by these people or lose hope or think about what others are thinking because these "others" are a bunch of fascists.

We as Michael's fans should always be positive and optimistic and fight for what we believe in (in Michael and his genius and his golden heart and the good in general), because we are on the right side! ;)

So I'd say erect a statue of Michael Jackson in every damn country in the world!!!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

We as Michael's fans should always be positive and optimistic and fight for what we believe in (in Michael and his genius and his golden heart and the good in general),we are on the right side! because ;)

GOD BLESS YOOOOOOOU!!! :agree:

And when it comes to REALITY, or what really happened, the truth IS Michael always acted GOOD and he was a Freaking GENIUS! not what these losers say...come ON! (some fans are giving them way TOO much credit, i think Michael deserves BETTER than that....)

He more than ANYONE deserves that statue

Thank you very much :)

I think there would be a few critics that will try to protest it..... Just being realistic here, even if it would be there for only 10 years. :(

I think that this is sadly a rumor. But if true, it would be great.

the following is the actual story from vanity fair. They called the senators offices to see whether it is true or not. I must warn you beforehand, it sounds like it's just a rumor and not going to happen.

Michael Jackson Will Probably Not Be Immortalized in the U.S. Capitol
by Jessica Flint April 8, 2010, 12:58 PM

A Capitol Hill staffer told me there’s a rumor going around that California is lobbying to get a statue of Michael Jackson in the Capitol building’s National Statuary Hall Collection, in Washington, D.C. By law, each state is allowed to honor two people from its local history with life-size works placed throughout the building. The statues can be swapped out after 10 years.

In June 2009, California replaced the likeness of 19th-century San Francisco preacher Thomas Starr King with a seven-foot bronze cast of Ronald Reagan. But California’s statue of 18th-century Spanish missionary Father Junipero Serra has been in the Capitol since 1931, presenting an opportunity for the King of Pop to moonwalk his way into the collection. Wouldn’t that be a thriller?

The Office of the Architect of the Capitol wouldn’t confirm or deny the Jackson rumor. “Proceedings for the donation of a statue usually begin in the state legislature,” a spokesperson said, explaining that an elected official has to put forward a resolution naming the citizen to be commemorated and provide a method of acquiring the funds to carry out the proposal.

So in the spirit of rumormongering, VF Daily had editorial intern Spencer Bailey spend a day calling the offices of 39 California state senators to see who might be behind the buzz. The collective response? Thirty-one offices hadn’t heard a thing about a Jackson statue, four offices said they would look into it further, and four offices had no answer. It wasn’t a complete waste of time, though, because we got these fun sound bites from the spokespeople who answered the phones at various senators' offices:

• “I’ve heard nothing of the sort. Absolutely zero. There’s no way a statue of Michael Jackson will go up and represent the people of California. I’m speaking for myself. There’s no way.”

• “I have not heard that, but who knows? That doesn’t mean it’s not true. It is California, after all.”

• “I have not heard the slightest thing to that effect. And the state, given the financial crisis we’re in, would have nothing to do with that.”

• “We certainly couldn’t go on the record with something that crazy. That’s absurd. Good luck with your article.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/04/michael-jackson-will-probably-not-be-immortalized-in-the-us-capitol.html

the following is the actual story from vanity fair. They called the senators offices to see whether it is true or not. I must warn you beforehand, it sounds like it's just a rumor and not going to happen.

A Capitol Hill staffer told me there’s a rumor going around that California is lobbying to get a statue of Michael Jackson in the Capitol building’s National Statuary Hall Collection, in Washington, D.C. By law, each state is allowed to honor two people from its local history with life-size works placed throughout the building. The statues can be swapped out after 10 years.

In June 2009, California replaced the likeness of 19th-century San Francisco preacher Thomas Starr King with a seven-foot bronze cast of Ronald Reagan. But California’s statue of 18th-century Spanish missionary Father Junipero Serra has been in the Capitol since 1931, presenting an opportunity for the King of Pop to moonwalk his way into the collection. Wouldn’t that be a thriller?

The Office of the Architect of the Capitol wouldn’t confirm or deny the Jackson rumor. “Proceedings for the donation of a statue usually begin in the state legislature,” a spokesperson said, explaining that an elected official has to put forward a resolution naming the citizen to be commemorated and provide a method of acquiring the funds to carry out the proposal.

So in the spirit of rumormongering, VF Daily had editorial intern Spencer Bailey spend a day calling the offices of 39 California state senators to see who might be behind the buzz. The collective response? Thirty-one offices hadn’t heard a thing about a Jackson statue, four offices said they would look into it further, and four offices had no answer. It wasn’t a complete waste of time, though, because we got these fun sound bites from the spokespeople who answered the phones at various senators' offices:

• “I’ve heard nothing of the sort. Absolutely zero. There’s no way a statue of Michael Jackson will go up and represent the people of California. I’m speaking for myself. There’s no way.”

• “I have not heard that, but who knows? That doesn’t mean it’s not true. It is California, after all.”

• “I have not heard the slightest thing to that effect. And the state, given the financial crisis we’re in, would have nothing to do with that.”

• “We certainly couldn’t go on the record with something that crazy. That’s absurd. Good luck with your article.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/da...ly-not-be-immortalized-in-the-us-capitol.html

I knew from feeling that it wouldn't happen. :no: Because the idea of it would prob have protests by haters and stuff.

Because the idea of it would prob have protests by haters and stuff.

Yeah by a bunch of old white men with Elvis statues in their house.

There is no one more famous than Michael Jackson. He has had the greatest impact on pop culture and his impact on the world is only shared with very few people in history.

That's the facts and his death proved that. Its the same type of people who try and deny these facts and will fight against it. The same type of people Ive already stated above. Let them, they will fade away and Michael's legacy will live forever.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/04/michael-jackson-will-probably-not-be-immortalized-in-the-us-capitol.html

:sigh: I had a feeling it wouldn't happen. :(
The world is so unfair to him...

There is no one more famous than Michael Jackson. He has had the greatest impact on pop culture and his impact on the world is only shared with very few people in history.

That's the facts and his death proved that. Its the same type of people who try and deny these facts and will fight against it. The same type of people Ive already stated above. Let them, they will fade away and Michael's legacy will live forever.

Well said, you're right. I agree 100%.

Michael's decision to no longer do shows in the United States was one of the best decisions he ever made. The stupidity and prejudice of American politicians is unbelievable.

Totally agree with you, you know what the sad part is? I don't see anyone genuinely caring for his legacy I guess those who genuinely care for Michael's legacy are too young to voice their opinion in public. I agree Michael's legacy will withstand all the crap people are spreading. He is eternal and they are not.

I don't need a statue of Michael Jackson to know how important of a human being he was.

Bottom line though, such a thing would be fought against with such vigor by the powers that be.

I TOTALLY AGREE... how STUPID.... we all know that (read red statement)

this next statement is for the ones hating on it, this is for you:
I dont care, we all know Michael sooner or later WILL have a statue, we know it, he was the last REAL genius of this generation, SOMEONE WILL MAKE THIS HAPPEN, and you will have to EAT IT :wild: :wild: :wild: :wild: , you just cant deny GENIUS :smilerolleyes: sorry , you just cant.... :cheers:

^^^^it will

and old white men will have to eat it, im freaking white but im young, i think different just as mayority of young white people TODAY, its OLD white people the ones to defeat, they are NOTHING, they are old and hateful

and it will happen sooner or later, more sooner then later... Michael WILL have his statue to celebrate his genius, so to the negativity, its ok!!! i understand it, BUT you'll feel much better when you suddenly find out that a Michael Jackson statue will be done and with honors... you'll see :cheers:

Last edited:
Michael's decision to no longer do shows in the United States was one of the best decisions he ever made. The stupidity and prejudice of American politicians is unbelievable.

Totally agree- this country didn't deserve him. He was a citizen of the globe and the rest of the globe loved him more than his own country.

692205075_5_6NAh.jpeg

Back