Michael Jackson Sales Thread: An Update

smooth_criminal05

Proud Member
Just those who are interested, I have received album sales for the US and International for MJ's album sales in 2010. I will also update weekly sales of MICHAEL once it begins to chart in December.

First, a recap:

In 2009 Michael Jackson sold:

ALBUMS:
USA: 9,820,000
International: 23,850,000
TOTAL Worldwide: 33,370,000

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS/SINGLES:
USA: 12,600,000
International: 26,450,000
TOTAL Worldwide: 39,050,000

Now for 2010: (as of November 17th)

ALBUMS:
USA: 1,880,000
International: 4,050,000
TOTAL Worldwide: 5,930,000

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS/SINGLES:
USA: 1,150,000
International: 3,000,000
TOTAL WORLDWIDE: 4,150,000

I hope so much that "Michael" can kick the 10million-limitline :)

that would be amazing!!

Thanks for the updates. Can't wait to see how well "Michael" does.

OK, thanks for the new thread... about the sales...

riaatoiletpaper.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! I always look forward to your charts! :D

Also, it's amazing how Mike's album sales sold almost as much as his digital singles. Just goes to show how strong of an album seller he is.

hey smooth records means album+ singles sales (or units?) right if so since 2009 Mj has sold over 82,500,000 records that's crazy, he just needs to sell 17,500,000 records(units) and he wouls sell over 100 million units in just over 1 or close to 2 years

The RIAA needs to update there sales figures or something. Mike is close to some record breaking sales and the US sales charts needs to be updated.

Just a quick update on some charts:

-Hold My Hand is now #50 on Billboard Hot 100 (Up 34 spots from the week before)

-Hold My Hand has had 50,000 paid downloads in the US since it's debut.

-Michael Jackson's NUMBER ONES jumped 43 spots on the Billboard 200 to #99. It sold 13,000 copies last week in the US

-Just so everyone knows, there has never been one week since MJ's death when at least 1 of his albums has not been in the Billboard 200. Amazing.

--

Update on MICHAEL pre-orders from Sony

Pre-orders are 20-30% lower in most countries compared to initial expectations. This is due to controversy and fan back lash I am told. UK pre-sales are doing on par with expectations and should do very well in the country.

Sony is banking on the Oprah episode to get that momentum back. Negative reviews which have come out of the UK will not help matters. If these negative reviews continue in other countries (particularly the US) then sales projections may have to be downgraded.

As for now, expect a #1 in over 15 countries including the US and UK. 400,000 seems to the magic number in the US while 150,000 seems to be what Sony has in sight for the UK.

A total of 900,000 physical albums are being shipped to the USA, with an additional 100,000 in Canada. Globally, Sony is shipping an additional 3,500,000. So International totals are at 4,500,000 (Not bad).

Update on MICHAEL pre-orders from Sony

Pre-orders are 20-30% lower in most countries compared to initial expectations. This is due to controversy and fan back lash I am told. UK pre-sales are doing on par with expectations and should do very well in the country.

Sony is banking on the Oprah episode to get that momentum back. Negative reviews which have come out of the UK will not help matters. If these negative reviews continue in other countries (particularly the US) then sales projections may have to be downgraded.

What a sad situation. Never thought I'd see the day MJ's own fans would turn against him.

Whether they want to accept it or not, the estate represents MJ as per his will and as per the judicial system.

Oh well, their loss. :punk:

What a sad situation. Never thought I'd see the day MJ's own fans would turn against him.

Whether they want to accept it or not, the estate represents MJ as per his will and as per the judicial system.

I would never have thought so either. Sad sad sad.

But - I will enjoy the album very much no matter what.

^^No sweat for Sony and the Estate, they don't mind about 30% less sales (I hope for even less).

They will get so much money by producing more and more MJ albums with FAKE tracks in them (as opposed to one last new MJ album)

All the tracks on MICHAEL are indeed Micheal Jackson. To believe otherwise is preposterous. Stop hurting this album, people. So damn sad...

I would never have thought so either. Sad sad sad.

But - I will enjoy the album very much no matter what.

indeed. every day I come to the forum and can't believe the things I read. very very sad. I have never ever expected this to happen.

I am just glad there are still some people on this forum I can talk to. *HUGS*

sad news once again those you boycott the album you only hurt MJ not the estate or sony

I am crying right now...
People would buy the album to honour Michael...
but are discouraged by his fans...

(but don't mind me... just coming from the Beyonce thread.)

All the tracks on MICHAEL are indeed Micheal Jackson. To believe otherwise is preposterous. Stop hurting this album, people. So damn sad...

Yes... I don't understand why this "anti-" album battle is sooo important for some individuals that they "processed" half the forums-fan base... More dangerous than processing vocals on a track, if you would ask me.
Some frustrated fans needed a target to fight, by lack of ... a murderer in prison? Or what? It seems to me a fight in blind anger... What's important? A fighting angry ego or the love for Michael Jackson?
I can't take this... Some fans don't hear, don't feel Michael in the tracks... well I can't feel or hear YOU anymore, the only thing I hear is the word "fake" and no loving beating hearts...

Can't you let the world HONOUR OUR MAN WHO DESERVES IT SO BAD, MICHAEL JACKSON ?
For God's sake.

What are you talking about? This is ridiculous. YOU are hurting MJ, by not being able to recognise him.

You just act like sheep and go buy any MJ product they give you, no matter the quality (see Vision) and regardless if it is him or not (at least 3 songs in upcoming "Michael" album)

Make an effort to spread the word about those abominations (Cascio tracks) or else they will be credited to Michael after the album is released

What are you talking about? This is ridiculous. YOU are hurting MJ, by not being able to recognise him.

You just act like sheep and go buy any MJ product they give you, no matter the quality (see Vision) and regardless if it is him or not (at least 3 songs in upcoming "Michael" album)

Make an effort to spread the word about those abominations (Cascio tracks) or else they will be credited to Michael after the album is released

Vision wasn't bad at all, IMO. I enjoyed it and will still enjoy. Just like I'm going to enjoy the game when I get it and I'm going to enjoy the album.. That doesnt make me a blind follower and it doesnt make me a sheep. I buy what I want because Im fan of michaels and I'm going to enjoy the products that feature him.. Based on what I've heard so far, I think I'm going to like album and I refuse to allow the negativity to affect my enjoyment.. I wish people would stop trying to force their opinions on others and or berate someone else for not agreeing with them.

If you want the album to flop and every Michael product from Sony to flop then that's how you feel but I refuse to share it. I don't want that to happen and no one will convince me that wanting this stuff to flop is a good idea..I don't see how this is going to help anyone in the long run.. Will Sony change? What is boycotting this going to do? How is this benefiting anybody?

I hate Sony. I know there is a conspiracy. But I love Michael :heart:. I don’t want to see for the first time since Thriller an MJ solo album doesn’t hit number one… Even if it is fake, all I care about that it carries the name “MICHAEL” and it is his album and I want it to go number one at all cost and it doesn’t matter if the money goes to Sony, because money is a source of evil and you are feeding them nothing but evil, and money will not do you any good when you are dead, so go ahead and buy the album it is just about $11 (my coffee is more expensive) I am planning to buy more than two copies! :pth: :nana:

Arabian Knight;3109047 said:
I hate Sony. But I love Michael :heart:. I don’t want to see for the first time since Thriller an MJ solo album doesn’t hit number one… Even if it is fake, all I care about that it carries the name “MICHAEL” and it is his album and I want it to go number one at all cost and it doesn’t matter if the money goes to Sony, because money is a source of evil and you are feeding them nothing but evil, and money will not do you any good when you are dead, so go ahead and buy the album it is just about $11 (my coffee is more expensive) I am planning to buy more than two copies! :pth: :nana:

I love this post <3 !

Folks, the album is just $10...
What's the point of fretting over buying it or not buying it?
Just buy it. Every $10 spent will contribute to making MJ #1
across the world again. (Just my opinion)

Pre-orders are 20-30% lower in most countries compared to initial expectations. This is due to controversy and fan back lash I am told.

Im not gonna say those ppl who wont buy the album are right or wrong or you should blame this and that for the poor expectations because at this time im just drained and tired of this whole mess.... But this is a sad read (fan back lash).

Just curious, how many books did Katherine sell after the Oprah show? I know it wasn't selling well before so I just wonder what was the impact?

I hate Sony and Oprah but I think it will be a big boost. And at the end,
O usually says "And we got CDs for the whole audience" And the crowd goes wild....

Let's track the numbers from before and after the show.:timer:

Back