Michael Jackson new move ???

DancingToTheEternity

Proud Member
Michael told us he is making some new move that will throw moonwalk aside .

What you think will that be ,and how will we know that is his new move ??? :DDD

Love,
Boris

I dont think the moonwalk will ever be thrown aside, its too iconic! :)

but id welcome any new dance moves Michael will create ;)

i agree totally But, maybe its the moonwalk, but going forward :D

But, seriously it will be great to see what it is.

Michael actually did that before at one concert, I can't remember which one though.

^a bad concert? I know which clip you may be talking about. It wasn't the moonwalk in reverse however.

MJ's been "working on a new dance move" for ages. This dates way back dating to 1995 when he was supposed to debut the "sky walk" at the 1995 MTV music awards.. alas it never happened.

What were these moves Mike is doing @ 4:59 & 5:22?:

i love the part he is doing billie jean :D :jump: i love it is so cool to watch over and over again cause the eyes is not off it :D

^a bad concert? I know which clip you may be talking about. It wasn't the moonwalk in reverse however.

MJ's been "working on a new dance move" for ages. This dates way back dating to 1995 when he was supposed to debut the "sky walk" at the 1995 MTV music awards.. alas it never happened.

This rumor surfaced when Michael was recording Invincible. There were no reports of Michael doing any new move for the MTV Awards. He did however show a new move during Billie Jean. He has used that move and extended it on the History Tour.

When he walks and it looks like time is stopping and starting again. Kind of like a record that has a hickup.

This rumor surfaced when Michael was recording Invincible. There were no reports of Michael doing any new move for the MTV Awards. He did however show a new move during Billie Jean. He has used that move and extended it on the History Tour.

When he walks and it looks like time is stopping and starting again. Kind of like a record that has a hickup.

Yes, he said himself he was to debut the "sky walk" and this dates back to 1995 and came from Michael's own words. If you want the transcript I can get it. He was rumoured to debut it at the MTV awards.

SIMULCHAT: August 17, 1995 (Manhattan, USA)
Source: http://www.mjcafe.net/interviews/internet_chat.htm

Prodigy Question from Gemseeker:
When did you learn to Moonwalk? I think it's so cool.

Michael Jackson:
Thank you sooo much. I've always loved illusion dancing, where you can create an illusion with the body. There's a new step working on called Skywalk. I've been working on it.

Last edited:
Excerpt from Robin Meltzer's 'HIStory - the story'

August was the month of the MTV Video Awards 1995, and Michael stunned the audience with a medley of hits, an updated version of the 'Dangerous' routine he had 1st performed in 1993 at the American Music Awards, and a rendition of 'You Are Not Alone'. The audience may have gone wild, but the media reaction was mixed. Many members of the media criticised Michael for lip-synching during parts of his performance. The highlights of the performance were Michael's newest step - though to be called the 'skywalk' - and the speech before 'Dangerous' in which he said, "For those of you who like living dangerously, this one's for you!"

Source: http://kingofpop.co.kr/bbs/view.php?id=community4&no=269

I stand corrected - apparently MJ did do this "skywalk". Interesting!

I hope will make someday Moonwalk by levitating. That would be so cool!

Yes, he said himself he was to debut the "sky walk" and this dates back to 1995 and came from Michael's own words. If you want the transcript I can get it. He was rumoured to debut it at the MTV awards.

SIMULCHAT: August 17, 1995 (Manhattan, USA)
Source: http://www.mjcafe.net/interviews/internet_chat.htm

I read that transcript in 1995, and I don't remember Michael talking about a skywalk. In the video footage of the simulchat there is also no mentioning of any new move.

But he DID do a new move at the MTV Awards, and that might as well be the skywalk. It certainly looks that way.

The move that was gonna be debuted when Invincible came out was called "Snow-walk"

I think it is the move he did in the "You Rock My World" video.

Last edited:
the snow walk? is it the one he does b4 going down the stairs?? its like a small walk with his head leaning downward. am i right?

the skywalk? is it the one where he ticks his body to the right side and then to the left side? while stepping with one foot forward each time///

IMo, all of these moves didnt top the moonwalk,and i think nothing will/>> unless Mj does smth. off the wall lol hopefully:D

I read that transcript in 1995, and I don't remember Michael talking about a skywalk. In the video footage of the simulchat there is also no mentioning of any new move.

But he DID do a new move at the MTV Awards, and that might as well be the skywalk. It certainly looks that way.

Thats why I posted the video with the times as I was certain those were the new moves Michael was talking about back then.

I think it's the move where he rolls each shoulder around, and his head from side to side and pushes a leg forward and alternates.

I think it's the move where he rolls each shoulder around, and his head from side to side and pushes a leg forward and alternates.

yes that is the skywalk, he does it on a lot of BJ performances during history tour. but the snow walk what is it?? ...........but certainly mj needs better moves than those if he is thinking of toping the moonwalk...eventhough the skywalk is magnificent.

Anyone know what kind of move MJ does at 2.37 and 2.47? First one looks like he's riding a camel or something^^

Edit: oh, I see you guys talked about it, right?

Anyone know what kind of move MJ does at 2.37 and 2.47? First one looks like he's riding a camel or something^^

THAT RIGHT there was the " NEW DANCE move for MJ in 2001..cause it was the first time i saw it....he did that also in YOU ROCK MY WORLD music video.:wild:

Yeah and if you play it in reverse, it's the moonwalk somewhat. I did this trick 8 years ago and filmed it for fun haha

the skywalk? is it the one where he ticks his body to the right side and then to the left side? while stepping with one foot forward each time///
Now thats an excellent move, he definetly debuted that on YRMW. Look at the back at up dancers, they're not doing it right, infact they seem to be doing a different move altogether. I've always wanted to talk about this move but I could never explain it. Thanx for articulating it so well.

lol sky walk...snow walk? What's next...the hike? lol Those names sound a little silly, like everything needs to sound like the name moonwalk? :) In any case, those moves some of you mentioned before are indeed cool, but I wouldn't classify them as THE new move. He kind of doesn new moves all the time here and there. It sounds that for the O2 it's really supposed to be something amazing, that can't be missed, like the moonwalk at the time.

That first move is called something with camel but he kinda changed it a bit.
He already did that walk when he was 10 years old (well, kinda)!
It was very cute :D
I'll try to find the video

he does it at 7:10, I know there's a better video of him doing that step but I can't find it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USsPvSbUbDI

Found a better one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x31yCGMspIg&feature=channel_page
at 1:33

Last edited:
Back