Michael Jackson Exhibition in London from 5th October

Is anyone from the UK still going there?
If so, could someone please get me a catalogue?

Edit: nevermind, got the Gallery to ship me a catalogue :D
It's 10 pound.

308024_460264740691459_2008723707_n.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder is it the EXACT same collection as seen in Newbridge earlier this year.

Thank you for this thread, I can understand the sentiments around paying to see these wonderful costumes...but to me it will be worth it considering they may never be seen together as a collection again.

Westfield have a notice up on the internet to say that additional items will be added to the display from 15th October.
There is also apparently a draw to win one of 10 pairs of free tickets:

Westfield Stratford City is the exclusive UK only host of "The Collection of Tompkins and Bush: Michael Jackson Wardrobe" – a unique collection of personal and concert tour wardrobe worn by the world renowned “King of Pop” and possessed by Michael Jackson’s long-term costume designers, Michael Bush and Dennis Tompkins. The exhibition forms the UK-leg of a worldwide tour and will showcase outfits not seen since they were worn on stage or screen.

To add to the already jam-packed exhibition we are pleased to announce that from 15 October, additional outfits and accessories will be added to the collection. New pieces include silver outfit from the ‘Scream’ video, and shoes signed by Michael Jackson

http://uk.westfield.com/stratfordci...-exhibition/?gclid=CL6K6rn1gLMCFcfKtAodz0oAFw

Hey all, went to the exhibition on October 12th (Friday) the same day I went to see the Immortal World Tour at the O2, OMG what an incredible day it was and the exhibition and show were unreal. It was so surreal to see all these costumes and outfits up so close having only seen them in videos and photographs and then them to be only a metre or so away and thinking all the time that at one point michael had worn, danced, met presidents in them. To see his make up stains and really appreciate up close the craftsmenship that bush and thompkins had put into every single piece they had worked on. It was also interesting to see how slight a build michael really had, a true dancers body, but i must note that through the clothes he seemed taller than i thought he was and yep more broad shouldered. Stand out costumes for me, smooth criminal outfit, that suit had clearly been danced to frayed threads in places, the white jacket from the academy awards with madonna (i believe lady gaga has worn it too so doubly cool) and the scream video outfit (as i too own a dexter wong spikey black top) oh and the scream history tour helmet as that thing is so cool. And i have to say upon entering the massive photo of mj from the late 1970s towering inside the entrance, sublime. A great exhibition, a great day and a phenomenal evening at the O2, highlight for me, Earth Song there, so powerful

Wait, can you get a picture with the Bad Tour jacket? I never saw any notices saying that.

Last edited:
Michael Bush talks about why he is auctioning the outfits in this new interview:

[The main reason Bush is parting with the historical garments now is the problem of storage. For years they were “shoved in closets, piled in boxes, shoved under my bed,” he marvels. “I can't protect this any more — the storage, the moth balls. It is fabric, it has to be stored in the right climate.” For example, one of the shirts Jackson wore in Dirty Diana is now in delicate condition. “It’s French voile. Over 25 years and now simply taking it off and on the mannequins for these exhibitions, it is starting to fall apart and it will be lost.”]

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/1...-man-behind-michael-jacksons-iconic-costumes/

Nathy MJ;3731594 said:
Michael Bush talks about why he is auctioning the outfits in this new interview:

[The main reason Bush is parting with the historical garments now is the problem of storage. For years they were “shoved in closets, piled in boxes, shoved under my bed,” he marvels. “I can't protect this any more — the storage, the moth balls. It is fabric, it has to be stored in the right climate.” For example, one of the shirts Jackson wore in Dirty Diana is now in delicate condition. “It’s French voile. Over 25 years and now simply taking it off and on the mannequins for these exhibitions, it is starting to fall apart and it will be lost.”]

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/1...-man-behind-michael-jacksons-iconic-costumes/

Oh man... really?
angfw5.gif

They showed more clothing in London than in Ireland!!!!!!!!!
I didn't see that denim jacket or other jacket that looked like front was on flames, and many others:(

***Just a tip for those who are planning to go: buy at the door as it's now only £5! If you buy from Ticketmaster you pay extra for booking fee and for tickets to be emailed to you!

Love.him;3738365 said:
***Just a tip for those who are planning to go: buy at the door as it's now only £5! If you buy from Ticketmaster you pay extra for booking fee and for tickets to be emailed to you!

Thank you for the advice.
I had another look at the Westfield page, and noticed that they have more photos there. (Link below) I have no idea why they would describe a crystal glove as 'infamous' !!!! Who does the publicity for these exhibitions? Have they got some agenda we don't know about? :unsure: (or perhaps they are just illiterate!)

http://uk.westfield.com/stratfordcity/news-and-events/2012/michael-jackson-exhibition/

Westfield Stratford City is the exclusive UK only host of "The Collection of Tompkins and Bush: Michael Jackson Wardrobe" – a unique collection of personal and concert tour wardrobe worn by the world renowned “King of Pop” and possessed by Michael Jackson’s long-term costume designers, Michael Bush and Dennis Tompkins. The exhibition forms the UK-leg of a worldwide tour and will showcase outfits not seen since they were worn on stage or screen.

To add to the already jam-packed exhibition we are pleased to announce that from 15 October, additional outfits and accessories have been added to the collection. New pieces include silver outfit from the ‘Scream’ video, and shoes signed by Michael Jackson.

The Bush-Tompkins collection will be located in the Getty Images Gallery on The Street until Saturday 17 November, with the gallery space transformed to give visitors the opportunity to get up close to some of Michael Jackson’s best-known outfits.

The exhibit will feature dozens of iconic costumes and fashion artefacts. Highlights include the one of the King of Pop’s infamous right-handed crystal covered glove, outfits from Jackson 5, ‘This is It’ movie and die-hard fans will also recognise a host of costumes from outfits worn to various awards ceremonies, music videos and Jackson’s legendary live performances including the BAD, History, and Dangerous tours.

TICKETS ARE £5 AND ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE FROM TICKETMASTER OR ON THE DOOR OF THE GETTY IMAGES GALLERY.

Last edited:
I went along with Jesta. Was so fantastic to see the costumes up close.

Back