Michael Jackson Exhibition in London from 5th October

pisces

Proud Member
This looks good for all those who will be in London to see 'Immortal' .

http://uk.westfield.com/stratfordcity/news-and-events/2012/michael-jackson-exhibition/

Westfield UK Stratford City Events in East London | News & Events - Westfield Stratford City The Collection of Tompkins & Bush: Michael Jackson Wardrobe

The Collection of Tompkins & Bush: Michael Jackson Wardrobe

Westfield Stratford City has been named as the exclusive UK only host of “The Collection of Tompkins and Bush: Michael Jackson Wardrobe” – a unique collection of personal and concert tour wardrobe worn by the world renowned “King of Pop” and possessed by Michael Jackson’s long-term costume designers, Michael Bush and Dennis Tompkins. The exhibition forms the UK-leg of a worldwide tour and will showcase outfits not seen since they were worn on stage or screen.

The Bush-Tompkins collection will be located in The Getty Gallery on The Street from Friday 5 October 2012, with the gallery space transformed to give visitors the opportunity to get up close to some of Michael Jackson’s best-known outfits.

The exhibit will feature dozens of iconic costumes and fashion artefacts. Highlights include the one of the King of Pop’s infamous right-handed crystal covered glove, the complete “Scream” video outfit, a suit from the 1987 Smooth Criminal video and the 30th Anniversary of Madison Square Gardens Show’s illuminated helmet sported by Jackson. Die-hard fans will also recognise a host of costumes from outfits worn to various awards ceremonies, music videos and Jackson’s legendary live performances including the BAD, HIStory, and Dangerous tours.

TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE FROM
30 SEPTEMBER AT TICKETMASTER.

What an amazing opportunity...I really thought these costumes had left for Japan by now. I'm so glad they found a gallery space for them in London.

Open seven days a week from 10am to 9am Monday to Friday, 9am to 9pm Saturdays, and 12pm to 6pm on Sundays, tickets are £10 from www.ticketmaster.co.uk from September 30.

When this show was in Ireland it was free:)

Its not fair everything goes on overseas...what about Michael's fans here in America...we want to see that stuff too!! Wish I could afford to fly to London and enjoy it over there...but I can't! I love Michael so much and would die to see his costumes or anything else that belonged to him!!

Its not fair everything goes on overseas...what about Michael's fans here in America...we want to see that stuff too!! Wish I could afford to fly to London and enjoy it over there...but I can't! I love Michael so much and would die to see his costumes or anything else that belonged to him!!

It will be here in the U.S., at the end of November through December 2nd. It will all be on display at Julien's in Beverly Hills, California.

Robin1961;3716116 said:

It will be in Julien's, see below the details:
United States of America Julien’s Auctions Beverly Hills Gallery
Monday, November 19th – Friday, November 30th

Once you've seen them, you want to buy, you can do it here:
LIVE AUCTION Friday, November 30th – Sunday, December 2nd, 2012
2:00 p.m.
Julien's Auctions
9665 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 150
Beverly Hills, California 90210

If I had the money, I would love to put my bid in for some of the costumes and items.

I went to see it here:
http://www.juliensauctions.com/auctions/2012/icons-and-idols/tompkins-and-bush/gallery-ireland.html

It starts on the 5th and ends when? I cant find the info :S

Now I know what I'll be doing for the first half of the day before Immortal! :D

The Japan show starts on the 18th October...so perhaps they are splitting the collection and showing different items ? (Tokyo show thread refers)

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/125267-Michael-Jackson-exhibition-in-Tokyo

This is the article where it says it finishes on 4th November but maybe they have got it wrong.I hope they are not splitting the collection as I'd like to see it all.

http://www.gravesendreporter.co.uk/..._coming_to_westfield_stratford_city_1_1529936

I don't see a price and it says on sale from 1st of October on the website from what I've seen.

Where do you see 30 September? I see 29 September on the link you gave. But on Ticketmaster, it says sale date is 1 October. Does anyone else see this?

pisces;3715855 said:
This looks good for all those who will be in London to see 'Immortal' .

http://uk.westfield.com/stratfordcity/news-and-events/2012/michael-jackson-exhibition/

Westfield UK Stratford City Events in East London | News & Events - Westfield Stratford City The Collection of Tompkins & Bush: Michael Jackson Wardrobe

The Collection of Tompkins & Bush: Michael Jackson Wardrobe

Westfield Stratford City has been named as the exclusive UK only host of “The Collection of Tompkins and Bush: Michael Jackson Wardrobe” – a unique collection of personal and concert tour wardrobe worn by the world renowned “King of Pop” and possessed by Michael Jackson’s long-term costume designers, Michael Bush and Dennis Tompkins. The exhibition forms the UK-leg of a worldwide tour and will showcase outfits not seen since they were worn on stage or screen.

The Bush-Tompkins collection will be located in The Getty Gallery on The Street from Friday 5 October 2012, with the gallery space transformed to give visitors the opportunity to get up close to some of Michael Jackson’s best-known outfits.

The exhibit will feature dozens of iconic costumes and fashion artefacts. Highlights include the one of the King of Pop’s infamous right-handed crystal covered glove, the complete “Scream” video outfit, a suit from the 1987 Smooth Criminal video and the 30th Anniversary of Madison Square Gardens Show’s illuminated helmet sported by Jackson. Die-hard fans will also recognise a host of costumes from outfits worn to various awards ceremonies, music videos and Jackson’s legendary live performances including the BAD, HIStory, and Dangerous tours.

TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE FROM
30 SEPTEMBER AT TICKETMASTER

Ok i looked on ticketmaster this morning and it listed all the dates on there
It will cost £10 and i think there is an additional fee of £1.50 (unless i read it wrong)
They will start selling tickets 1st October 17:00

Moonwalker117;3717532 said:
Ok i looked on ticketmaster this morning and it listed all the dates on there
It will cost £10 and i think there is an additional fee of £1.50 (unless i read it wrong)
They will start selling tickets 1st October 17:00

The tickets now don't seem to be available until Tuesday 2nd Oct at 11.00 am....

No i just looked, and it still says monday 17:00 but i cant seem to buy tickets atm

When I checked ticketmaster, there was a message saying they don't have any tickets for sale - in bold red writing. Panic!

When I checked ticketmaster, there was a message saying they don't have any tickets for sale - in bold red writing. Panic!

They are NOW selling tickets online...ignore my earlier message...they have changed it again and they are definitely selling now...in timed slots through each day, max 10 tickets per person/ per credit card.

The slots on Friday 5th seem to be:
10.00, 10.45, 11.30, 12.15, 13.00, 13.45, 14.30, 15.15, 16.00, 16.45, 17.30, 18.15, 19.00, 19.45

The slots on Sat 6th seem to be:
09.00, 09.45, 10.30,11.15, 12.00, 12.45, 13.30, 14.15, 15.00, 15.45, 16.30, 17.15, 18.00, 18.45, 19.30, 20.15

The slots on Sun 7th seem to be:
12.00, 12.45, 13.30, 14.15, 15.10, 15.45, 16.30, 17.15

The slots on Mon 8th Oct seem to repeat as per Friday 5th...there is a late slot at 20.30

and this has recently appeared on Facebook: (on Monday 1st Oct)

Michael Jackson 'Iconic Magazine'
CALLING UK FANS - ATTEND THE VIP ADVANCED PREVIEW OF THE BUSH/TOMPKINS COSTUME EXHIBITION WITH ICONIC!

How would you like to attend the private VIP only opening of the Michael Jackson Costume exhibition in London on Thursday Evening. We've got a VIP pass to give away courtesy of Julien's Auction.

If you'd like to join Iconic at the Invite only event, where Michael Bush will be in attendance, Please email Iconic@mjvibe.com before the end of the day!

Serious requests only please!

Last edited:
They are NOW selling tickets online...ignore my earlier message...they have changed it again and they are definitely selling now...in timed slots through each day, max 10 tickets per person/ per credit card.

The slots on Friday 5th seem to be:
10.00, 10.45, 11.30, 12.15, 13.00, 13.45, 14.30, 15.15, 16.00, 16.45, 17.30, 18.15, 19.00, 19.45

The slots on Sat 6th seem to be:
09.00, 09.45, 10.30,11.15, 12.00, 12.45, 13.30, 14.15, 15.00, 15.45, 16.30, 17.15, 18.00, 18.45, 19.30, 20.15

The slots on Sun 7th seem to be:
12.00, 12.45, 13.30, 14.15, 15.10, 15.45, 16.30, 17.15

The slots on Mon 8th Oct seem to repeat as per Friday 5th...there is a late slot at 20.30

and this has recently appeared on Facebook: (on Monday 1st Oct)

Michael Jackson 'Iconic Magazine'
CALLING UK FANS - ATTEND THE VIP ADVANCED PREVIEW OF THE BUSH/TOMPKINS COSTUME EXHIBITION WITH ICONIC!

How would you like to attend the private VIP only opening of the Michael Jackson Costume exhibition in London on Thursday Evening. We've got a VIP pass to give away courtesy of Julien's Auction.

If you'd like to join Iconic at the Invite only event, where Michael Bush will be in attendance, Please email Iconic@mjvibe.com before the end of the day!

Serious requests only please!

Thanks, myosotis. Got my ticket :) Wish I could enter that draw or whatever it is for the preview, sounds great. My trip will have to wait until later in the month when I have tickets for Cirque, too. It's going to be on helluva wonderful day!

Thanks, myosotis. Got my ticket :) Wish I could enter that draw or whatever it is for the preview, sounds great. My trip will have to wait until later in the month when I have tickets for Cirque, too. It's going to be on helluva wonderful day!

I'm so glad you managed to secure your ticket, and especially that it is for the same day as Cirque. That's going to be a wonderful day of 'Michaeling'! I hope you have a brilliant time!

Sigh.i wish fans would NOT support Mchael Bush & Juliens money hungry ventures.

Was I the only one appalled at Gaga & others wearing MJ's original clothes last week? This is sickening... No better than Karen Faye selling MJ's Make up cases in 2009.

With everything the community has going on right now, sad to see stunts like this still get support.

Last edited:
Memefan;3718479 said:
Sigh.i wish as would support Mchael Bush & Juliens money hungry ventures.

Was I the only one appalled at Gaga & others wearing MJ's original clothes last week? This is sickening... No better than Karen Faye selling MJ's Make up cases in 2009.

With everything the immunity has going on right now, sad to see stunt like this still get support.

If no-one supports display of Michael's outfits, the more likely they are to be used for other purposes. Yes this is a pre-sale display, but nothing is sold until the auction day. I've seen plenty of auctions where items have been withdrawn beforehand. I would much rather send a message that fans want to see these items, (properly conserved and displayed) than a message that they don't.

If they ARE sold, (which of course is most likely, at this stage) if there is no support for 'paid -for' display , buyers may think there is no money to be made in displaying them, and so we might never see them again. Everything is out of the fans' hands...but I would rather that people understood that fans want to see these outfits in suitable surroundings, than that they may be more profitable sliced up into little squares and sold for £200 a square. Whoever buys these, will have to be very wealthy...so money is likely to be a motivating factor in buying them. Alternatively, if some of the items have high reserve prices and don't sell, then where will be the incentive to display them again, if no-one goes to this display.

This is a very difficult line to walk, and I don't think there are many 'right' answers...we all want to see these preserved and on display...the question is, who will do this, and how will they fund it, if the Estate does not want to do it? (and if the Estate does want to, I guess they will need to buy any that they don't already have). As I say, the decision to sell is out of fans' hands...we can only try and encourage a good outcome from the sale.

There is actually an added charge for delivery of tickets. An extra £2 to email them to customers.

myosotis;3718511 said:
If no-one supports display of Michael's outfits, the more likely they are to be used for other purposes. Yes this is a pre-sale display, but nothing is sold until the auction day. I've seen plenty of auctions where items have been withdrawn beforehand. I would much rather send a message that fans want to see these items, (properly conserved and displayed) than a message that they don't.

If they ARE sold, (which of course is most likely, at this stage) if there is no support for 'paid -for' display , buyers may think there is no money to be made in displaying them, and so we might never see them again. Everything is out of the fans' hands...but I would rather that people understood that fans want to see these outfits in suitable surroundings, than that they may be more profitable sliced up into little squares and sold for £200 a square. Whoever buys these, will have to be very wealthy...so money is likely to be a motivating factor in buying them. Alternatively, if some of the items have high reserve prices and don't sell, then where will be the incentive to display them again, if no-one goes to this display.

This is a very difficult line to walk, and I don't think there are many 'right' answers...we all want to see these preserved and on display...the question is, who will do this, and how will they fund it, if the Estate does not want to do it? (and if the Estate does want to, I guess they will need to buy any that they don't already have). As I say, the decision to sell is out of fans' hands...we can only try and encourage a good outcome from the sale.

I for one will not help put money in MB's pocket.

I for one will not help put money in MB's pocket.

And you have every right to your opinion. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with paying for an exhibition of anything and this just happens to be an exhibition of something I really want to see and will get immense pleasure from.

Has anyone seen this yet? reveiws???

im conflicted about going as I really want to see the stuff but I resent giving money to people who are going to auction all his stuff off later...

Here's a photo of Mr Bush at the gallery...this one's from FB and the one below from google images. I found a couple more in google images, but thought I'd better not post them here as the thread title doesn't warn about spoilers.

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/xbushatgettygallerywest.jpg/][/URL]

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/xbush7gettygallerywestf.jpg/][/URL]

http://www.google.com/hostednews/getty/article/ALeqM5i6bZFTMLUGtF2yAGCCzYCYHEBRdg?docId=153386481

Last edited:
Hi, i went today, its really good (bit quite when i went but they had lots of queue barriers outside you i guess they get or expect a lot of people. Just to let you know, you are not allowed to take photos inside but you can have you picture taken with the Bad tour jacket for £5. You can see my photos on my MJ facebook page (small spoiler alert) - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.460260374025229.114996.457499870967946&type=3

Moonwalker117;3720945 said:
Hi, i went today, its really good (bit quite when i went but they had lots of queue barriers outside you i guess they get or expect a lot of people. Just to let you know, you are not allowed to take photos inside but you can have you picture taken with the Bad tour jacket for £5. You can see my photos on my MJ facebook page (small spoiler alert) - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.460260374025229.114996.457499870967946&type=3

Thank you for posting the link to your pictures...I love your photo of the front of the gallery..that's a great (in all senses) picture of younger MJ, and I love that the passers-by are all craning their necks to look at it as they go past.
Edit: Did you see Mr Bush there?

I thought there would be lots of people there on a Saturday, but maybe the big rush will be next weekend, once Immortal gets started.

(I wonder if the ticket price is putting people off... £40 (plus fees) is quite a lot if you have a family of four. It's a pity, as I think very young fans should be able to go. I didn't see any special prices for children on Ticketmaster, but maybe I missed them)

Last edited:
Back