Michael Jackson: Ever After (picture book for children)

billyworld99

Proud Member
http://www.michaeljacksoneverafter.com/

Ever After is a picture book for children and adults, telling the story of
Michael Jackson, to comfort and inspire all of us to honor his message of love and,
by doing our best at whatever we love to do, to make the world a better place.

Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone. This simple goodness shines straight from their hearts. This has so much to teach.... What we need to learn from children isn't childish. Being with them connects us to the deep wisdom of life, which is everpresent and only asks to be lived. Now, when the world is so confused and its problems so complicated, I feel we need our children more than ever. Their natural wisdom points the way to solutions that lie, waiting to be recognized, within our own hearts.

- Michael Jackson
Dancing the Dream

20% of the selling price
of this book will go to a children's charity in Michael Jackson's name.

Aw that's really cute. I would love to buy a copy of that.

As cute as it is, in recent months i've become very wary of people using Michael's likeness and image without approval. Rather it goes to a charity or not, this isn't the way it should be.

I believe a portion of the profits should go to the estate, because that's where Michael's kids benefit.

GORGEOUS book. Have registered my interest. Thanks for posting.x

This book is adorable but don't they need the estates approval? well katherine's book and alot of other books didn't go thru the estate. I think they should at least contact Katherine about the book if they haven't, it looks good and it's nice of them to donate some of the proceeds.

i don't think with books, someone said with something to do with the freedom of press amendment, that why the leonard rowe guy and bruce swedian either have new books about mj or coming out with one

572ea223.jpg

For many years I have dreamed of being a writer, but I never actually got around to writing. When Michael Jackson was gone, I realized that he had spent his life doing what he loved, and making the world a better place. I decided then, that I would do my best to say yes to my heart and do what I can, to make a difference. This book is a result of that decision.Thank you Michael, for inspiring us, and always giving us your best. - Brenda Jenkyns

I have always felt more comfortable expressing myself with my art than with words. Michael has been a life-long inspiration to me, and when the opportunity came up to illustrate this story about his life, for children, I immediately said yes. Painting these pictures to go with Brenda's beautiful writing has been a labor of love. - Kathy Garren (Mimi)

Since they first met online in March, Brenda and Kathy have become close friends while working together to make Ever After the best it can be. Communicating by email between Canada and the U.S., they have devoted many hours to perfecting the story and the pictures. They hope it will be treasured by Michael's friends, fans and family.

I loved this book. :wub: I'd love to buy for myself and my nieces. :wub: I'm glad that some of the money will be donated to charity. :clapping: Michael is smiling. :wub:

Well, are drawings (they are not real pictures ).... they need the approval of the Estate? :scratch:

That's great!

Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone. This simple goodness shines straight from their hearts. This has so much to teach.... What we need to learn from children isn't childish. Being with them connects us to the deep wisdom of life, which is everpresent and only asks to be lived. Now, when the world is so confused and its problems so complicated, I feel we need our children more than ever. Their natural wisdom points the way to solutions that lie, waiting to be recognized, within our own hearts.

- Michael Jackson
Dancing the Dream

Oh my Angel! :wub:

That is wonderful...and the illustrations are amazing!

Disturbing that they are using MJ's kids' image to sell the book. No way would MJ agree to his children being exploited like this

Should have been done when he was alive....

They explained why this book is just coming out now. It would have been nice to have something like this when he was alive but this author had a newfound interest in writing after michael's death.

Disturbing that they are using MJ's kids' image to sell the book. No way would MJ agree to his children being exploited like this
I wouldn't have put them on the cover but it's a cute painting and I don't think michael would mind this painting for a children's book. Remember the book isn't about Michael's children, If someone is only interested in the book because of 3 children on the cover then that's their issue.

I wouldn't have put them on the cover
Not it is a picture of children, it's just a drawing. :unsure: I see no problem with that.

Remember the book isn't about Michael's children, If someone is only interested in the book because of 3 children on the cover then that's their issue.
:agree:

And it is a book about the history of Michael and not on children of Michael. The fans know it.

Did they get permission from the estate for this so that Michael's estate can benefit as since their subject is Michael after all?

It looks nice but my girls are probably too old for this. They'd think it's corny. Might be just right for a niece or nephew learning to read.

Back