Michael Jackson Demanded MTV Call Him “The King Of Pop” At Least Twice Per Week???

And the unfair thing is that media are ass kissers with all/many of them and applaude them while Michael gets bashed. How convenient! SMH Sorry if you're fan of any of them but they're all LAME!

It was a flow..a rash of undeserving cowards calling themselves king, ever since Muck TV's pathetic claim against Michael, fictional and non fictional, including the maker of the Titanic movie, using the actor to call himself 'King of the World'...and yet, despite all those people, only Michael, the one who didn't make such a claim, deserves the title, King of music.

did mtv call him the king of pop?
i don't know because i never watched it until 2009.

It's MTV that introduced me to MJ in the mid 90s. I remember MJ being the 'artist of the month' and they'd play a short clip of him greeting the audiences..I'm trying to look for the clip but I can't seem to find it even after so many years at youtube. :( It's possible that MJ asked them to call him 'king of pop' there's nothin wrong with that as he's the right to do that! as part of his marketing.

Didnt this Randy guy write in his book that Michael wanted a 'title' too? I personally dont believe he requested that at some point until I hear it myself.
Which is impossible now

Well he deserved it and no one has yet to say he did not deserve it (some said including Oprah that KIng of Pop was not good enuf of him). Beside, MJ was called Monarch of Music and King of Popular music back in 1984 in Hit Parade and other music publishings. if he did say this, MJ ONLY was named what people was calling him.

All this of course was back when MTV was about music and people breaking into the world of music and not reality programs!

All this is totally ridiculous. No doubt MJ must of liked being referred to as The King of Pop, but to go and state that he demanded MTV to do this is pathetic

May I also add that MTV as no relevance whatsoever with music nowadays and should be rebranded

I don't see any problem if this this is true. Maybe Michael wanted to be called King of Pop in media after people started using it. Its a good nickname and it is good marketing.
I totally agree with you-I think around the time of Black and White, his management wanted it used. Even Joe Vogel refers to this as marketing in his (fantastic) book-although it doesn't come across as mean-spirited when he wrote it. I think we all take offense (I do) because of the ever present "self proclaimed" adjective, when we all know it was NOT self proclaimed-I remember reading it in the paper way before then.

Back