Michael Jackson clothing and costumes will be exhibited globally before hitting auction block

I am confused who owns what but I hope the estate have things of Michael too. I also hope there is something for his children to have too. These auctions make me sad to be honest. Hard to explain but it just does.

I'm looking forward to the book by Michael Bush. I've always been fascinated by Michael's clothes.

But I do wish that some more iconic pieces would be sent to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Museum. They have the Bad video outfit, Thriller jacket (the zombie one), his sequened famous blue Grammy award outfit, Thriller mask worn on History tour and a J5 outfit. But Michael's display is way TOO small, compared to The Beatles, Elvis, Jimmy Hendrix, etc. Michael deserves a much bigger display at the museum... but without some more donations, it's sadly lacking.

According to the press release some itens were signed by Michael and given to Michael Bush and Dennis Tompkins:

"Highlights will include a 30th Anniversary of Madison Square Gardens show signed prototype helmet which was wired to illuminate a row of battery powered lights below the visor. The helmet is signed in black marker to designer Michael Bush and states “To Bush Love Michael Jackson,”

And it seems some itens do have doubles. Like the "Scream" costume:

"Jackson’s “Scream” video costume which includes a pair of black spandex pants with matching long sleeve shirt and mesh tuck strap. Each costume piece is marked on the interior in gold marker “2/2” or “2/2 M.J.J,” indicating that two costumes were created for Jackson’s famous video shoot."

Here is the full press release: http://www.juliensauctions.com/press/2012/icons-and-idols-tompkins-and-bush.html

^^ So if some of the clothes are duplicates & weren't worn by Michael, they won't have as much value, right?

:unsure:

OMG!
kermit.gif

I saw some of his clothing at the Grammy Museum in LA, but then, that was only a handfull of his clothing. What is going to happen is that, if the estate wants to have a museum, they would have to spend millions on buying some of his items back. I only hope they own some pieces in case they open a tiny museum somewhere.

Tiny museum? If they display all the awards that Michael got during his lifetime, that'll fill a big place:clapping:
I wish that someday they find a way to open Neverland as Michael Jackson museum, where all his stuff is displayed properly, as well as Neverland restored as it was when Michael lived there :praying:pray:

Exactly what you say - if they had made a Graceland type of thing for Michael it would've worked without doubt. Big, a lot of things to see, one place for everything. But not like this as in having just a few of his outfits in a museum somewhere. I think that would've only worked if there was more to see for the general public. That's why I think the way they do it now instead isn't so bad.

But don't get me wrong, I'm VERY happy with all the things like Immortal and such tho'. :)

Don't worry, people should know by now that if we criticize the Estate a little, that doesn't make us anti-Estate, or Estate haters lol :D
In my opinion, I'm glad this exhibition is coming to South America :) but on the other hand, some day I'd love to see a proper MJ museum. It's kind of sad that a lot of MJ's belongings are spread in the world like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bee
I disagreed with some of Michael's clothing being cut up to use in a set of trading cards and today I'm shaking my head and questioning why Michael's outfits are going to be sold to individuals around the world, rather than bought by the estate and kept together. If the estate were to buy back these outfits in the next few years then there could be the possibility of a Michael Jackson museum where people could learn about Michael's legacy. On the business side of things, I'm sure it would be profitable-pure curiosity could bring in big bucks over the years never mind the long standing fans. For them it would also be a place to 'come together'. I'm sure the estate have alot in the pipeline and they are busy implementing these plans but I hope they are also keeping an eye on where these outfits are going.

I still want to know what happened to the costumes he wore? If Bush made duplicates and kept and Michael signed a few over to him, where are the ones Michael's. I can understand that Bush made some duplicates and kept for himself--as long as Michael did not pay for them!!!

Can someone tweet Bush and ask him if Michael gave him all these costumes or if he made his own copies of them?

Back