Michael Jackson (aka King of Pop) and Elvis Presley (aka King of Rock and Roll)

You know the only musical act that can be compared with MJ is the beatles. I just hate it when they compare elvis to MJ and act as if his influence over the world was just as grand as MJ's

I wouldn't even compare The Beatles to him. Michael Jackson vs The Beatles is like Apples Vs Oranges

That's the problem. I'm not saying that Elvis is in the same "league" as Michael. Michael was the f'n man, but Elvis was also a king, he paved the way to what music became until there was Michael.

I'm not saying Elvis did all that Michael did, but you can't take what's his away from him just because he didn't wrote the lyrics for his hits, danced and was the f'n genius that Michael was. But you know what? I respect and love Elvis for what he was. The person he was, as much as I respect Michael. And here's the part that you all will never know: Elvis was a great person and no, he didn't just take songs other people wrote and sang them. Elvis was very perfeccionist in his own way, he chose the RIGHT songs to record and did record them with his HEART (and yes, I'm ignoring that "movies era" shame. Elvis himself was ashamed of that). That's what I love in his music, that's what made me cry so many times when I heard some of his most beautiful songs.

Just go listen to a '77 live version of "Hurt", please. I have goosebumps every single time I listen to the version of his last ever concert. He sang his heart out. He gave it all. That's not something an "overrated" artist would do, that's not something some poor singer of nowadays would do.
What I'm noticing here is this: no one ever took their time to "study" Elvis, listen to his most sincere songs, to see his work and life and then they think it's easy to talk about it just because they heard this and that on TV. It's not Elvis' fault that they never get to show the man he was, the great singer he was. And what confuses me is that the same people who bad-mouth Elvis are the same who bad-mouth Michael. Still, many Michael fans accept their words about Elvis, but get pissed when they talk about the Michael and when people listen to what they say about Michael. YOU'RE ALL DOING THE SAME THING.

Sorry for some of my words and all, but I really think that some people here should know more about what they're talking. My opinion.

PS.: I also think I should add that... It's your right to dislike Elvis or just simply not like his songs, style or whatever. But one thing is to just simply not enjoy something and keep it to yourself. There's a huge difference between this and opening your mouth to talk about something you just DON'T KNOW because you don't like it.

Yeah I dont really know that much about elvis but I agree you cant really compare the two Elvis is Elvis and Michael is Michael...they both were and are still hugely influential maybe thats where the comparison could be made

Elvis is really a good singer, not a bad dancer, but HE IS overrated, no one can deny this, I just can't believe that he sold 1 billion records, there is something wrong I think last year it was less than 750 million, that's suspicious

I would say that the biggest phenomenons in the music industry are Pink Floyd and The Beetles.

Michael Jackson is in a whole different level, he can't be put with any singer in the same league

O well I wasn't born when Elvis have died, he died in my mom's time when was getting her hair done with my aunties. & Micheal thats was this year when I was getting ready for church.

I wouldn't even compare The Beatles to him. Michael Jackson vs The Beatles is like Apples Vs Oranges

I'm not talking about "comparing" per se. I'm saying they are on the same level.

Back