MICHAEL - First Week Sales - Competition!

Jonas29

Proud Member
Hi Guys,

With only 7-11 days(depending which country you live in) until the release of "MICHAEL", I think we should start a competition regarding it. Just for the sake of fun and the excitement:D

The numbers and the placement for the first week sales of the album should be available at Global Track Chart - Mediatraffic.de Thursday the 23th of December.

I think the deadline for this competition should be the 14th when it gets released in US.
The winner of this competition(the one who gets nearest the exat number) is officially allowed to call himself/herself "IKNOWMICHAELSALESTHEBEST" until another album is released:D

Hope you will take part.

My guess: 975.000 copies

lol ok...I'll bite...this whole thing has gotten so exciting in just the last day so...

I'll say it'll open with first week sales of around 410.00

wouldn't it be amazing if each and every one of Michael's 20 million fans on Facebook went out and bought themselves a copy on the first day of release? I'd love that... *dreams*

875 000 Worldwide

low figures because i think it will under perform because of the sabotage campaign

Last edited:
1 million copies

(Shouldn't you edit the first post with everyone's guesses?)

Some of you are really under-estimating things.

It's expected to sell between 300-400,000 in the US alone. And it will sell between 100,000-150,000 in the UK for sure.

And I'm not too sure about the rest of the world.... I'll guess a worldwide total of 1.2m first week sales.

Last edited:
Wow.. you people really aren't expecting much from this album. I said 1 million but in my opinion it will sell even more than that. The hype is huge.

difficult to say, cause of all the people who dont want to buy the album bla bla

im going with 600.000 :p i hope it gets in top 5 in germany!

Guys come on, lets say about 50,000 fans don't buy the album - that isn't going to lower its sales by a few hundred thousand.

Chances are, the amount of fans "boycotting" the album will amount to no more than a few hundred, possibly a thousand diehards who are still pissed about the Cascio songs...

It won't have hardly any impact at all.

Does anyone estimates that it will surpass the sales of Invincible?

Chances are, the amount of fans "boycotting" the album will amount to no more than a few hundred, possibly a thousand diehards who are still pissed about the Cascio songs...

It won't have hardly any impact at all.

I dont think it's the fans boycotting alone that would affect the album sales,fans would tell friends that some tracks are fake and they in turn would tell their friends ,hence a domino effect is created.

I feel most people are underestimating the debut sales of the album,xmas would push the sales and I feel it would sell 900000 to 1 million copies worldwide.

Most fans are buying it regardless of the controversy.

The hype and buzz around this album is ten times what we had when Invincible came out. And that sold a fair few copies in it's opening week.

I think it's going to do very, very well. Sony have a lot riding on this album. I read an article recently about Sony President Amanda Ghost leaving the company, and it seemed to suggest that "Michael" was their major priority release for Christmas and that the company were hoping for it to boost a rather poor year of album sales for Sony.

By contrast, when Invincible came out there wasn't any buzz or excitement outside of the hardcore fanbase.

Guys come on, lets say about 50,000 fans don't buy the album - that isn't going to lower its sales by a few hundred thousand.

You are probably right...but the infighting & call for a boycott can't help. It gives us the impression that most people don't want the album.

Last edited:
Back