MC Hammer challenged Michael Jackson to a dance off in 1991? ( Merged )

Re: MC Hammer challended Michael Jackson to a dance off in 1991?

MC Hammer will forever be godly for Can't Touch This alone. If anything, this ridiculous challenge only makes him cooler. Hilarious stuff. I would challenge MJ to a dance-off. At least it would mean seeing MJ dance.

^Was just about to post the same thing. He probably did just challenge him to get a feel of the MJ aura.

Now, just to try to spread a little love for Hammer, I think Hammer is an infinitely better dancer than Justin Timberlake and Chris Brown. I mean, those guys are talented in their own right and I enjoy some of their music and all, but they're christened as the current best dancers around and both MJ and Hammer blow them out of the water in my humble opinion. I watch their dancing and their choreography and I find it extremely amateurish and boring.

Last edited:

this is how it went down..

June 23rd 1991 MC HAMMER challenged Mike on TV by saying. "I could easily dance the pants off any one who moonwalks." He then said the publicity would help both his and Michaels new album...

June 24th 1002 Michaels PR said: Michael invented most of the steps Hammer uses. He has nothing to prove."

that's the story folks.. :)

Its always been obvious that Hammer felt over shadowed by Mike.. Even at James Browns funeral Hammer performed and Mike still got the spot light. U can just see his expression as Mike is going to the stand to speak.. He just semt like he felt ignored..

^Was just about to post the same thing. He probably did just challenge him to get a feel of the MJ aura.

Now, just to try to spread a little love for Hammer, I think Hammer is an infinitely better dancer than Justin Timberlake and Chris Brown. I mean, those guys are talented in their own right and I enjoy some of their music and all, but they're christened as the current best dancers around and both MJ and Hammer blow them out of the water in my humble opinion. I watch their dancing and their choreography and I find it extremely amateurish and boring.

Justin Timberlake has no actual talent as a dancer. Chris Brown is marginally talented, but there's about a million of him running around on the street, he isn't exceptional in any way. So yeah, it doesn't take much to be better then those two.

Re: MC Hammer challenged Michael Jackson to a dance off in 1991?

Yes it is ture, b/c i remeber seeing it and the 2 vids where MC hummer can't touch this vs MJ bad haha, i was only 6 yrs old.

Last edited:

That would've been cool to see though.

In my opinion Hammer does have talent dancing (and his songs were pretty good too). Of course, he's not even on the same level as Mike (but we all know that).

MC Hammer's movement is too erratic and not very controlled. He doesn't compare to Michael.

oh come MC hammer aing got nothen on mj michael would have beat him for sure
hell he would beat anybody that would want a dance off wit him

lol!! wow I typed that date up ALL MESSED UP.. lol! it was 1991.. I obviously pressed the '0' instead of the '9'.. And pressed '2' instead of '1'.. I used the TOP number line on the key board.. lol!

I should start proof reading..

Last edited:
mc hammer challenged mj?

does anyone have any info on this? i heard about it recently and i didnt believe it..why would he wanna do a thing like that?

Re: mc hammer challenged mj?

Yeah it's true and Mike's response was ''What's the point of having a dance off with you when you got most of your moves from me''

it was something like that anyway

Re: mc hammer challenged mj?

Exactly! That's the imagry that comes to mind for sure, haha. Just total annihilation, oblitaration, etc...

MC Hammer would wipe the floor with MJ, hence why Michael chose to stay hidden in some dark corner somewhere.... afraid, like a little girl.

Back