MC Hammer challenged Michael Jackson to a dance off in 1991? ( Merged )

analogue

Proud Member
Is it true that MC Hammer challenged MJ to a dance off in 1991? If it is true then it would have been really awesome to watch MC Hammer get his ass kicked by MJ lol

Re: MC Hammer challended Michael Jackson to a dance off in 1991?

i think so i definatly heard that some where
and yes MJ would have kicked his ass :lol:

wow never heard that, that would have been so funny

:lol:.. I think MJ would have beat him :).

silly silly MC hammer!! That would've been TOO funny to see him get beat!! lol

MJ was too scared to face MC Hammer hence why he never rose to the challenge....

MJ was too scared to face MC Hammer hence why he never rose to the challenge....

Lol, Michael released a statement saying that he didn't have to face him in a dance off cuz he invented most the moves mc hammer does

Yeah, it's true. They did a poll afterwards asking the public who they thought would win, and Michael won by like 90% or something, lol. Michael would have taxed that ass, for real.

Lol, Michael released a statement saying that he didn't have to face him in a dance off cuz he invented most the moves mc hammer does
OMG.

I just L-O-L-ed! :hysterical:

:lol: how funny!!!

Last edited:

i would have loved to have seen it,Michael would have won obviously.

I remember when MC Hammer wanted a to challenge Michael for a dance off. MC Hammer was, who ever wins gets the White Glove. Michael declined because he's not an immature fool like MC Hammer who was famous for 15 minutes.

Michael would easily have beat MC Hammer, as he's only brilliant at doing the Running Man. Where as Michael is amazing at doing almost every type of dance move. Anyway after MC Hammer wanted to challenge Michael, he's on record as saying something like "After you've met Michael, you can't help but love him". I'm sure MC Hammer knows Michael Jackson is the Greatest and Most Stylish Dancer of All Time !!!

hammer.. where is it now ? :smilerolleyes:

Last edited:

seriously?:mello:

seriously?:mello:

yeah seriously, i cant remember the source but I will find it :) i think it might be in "the visual documentry" then again it may not be, but he did release a statement along those lines :) I just think mj was offended more by MC's pants, complete opposite to mikeys ankle swinging tightsters

Edit:
http://www.in-my-opinion.org/view-poll1386--.html&sid=1fc794dbeb57a92ae593eb91a6274d66
(scroll down to read a comment)

I will find the proper source soon, but MC hammer wanted to do a "who's bad" dance off tour with michael with his sequined glove as the prize for the winner, when Michaels glove was stolen mc put up a $50,000 reward for it as he said he "wanted to take it from michael", MC must have realized that no one really cared that much and was probably trying to piiggyback off mj's up and coming album

I remember when MC Hammer wanted a to challenge Michael for a dance off. MC Hammer was, who ever wins gets the White Glove. Michael declined because he's not an immature fool like MC Hammer who was famous for 15 minutes.

Michael would easily have beat MC Hammer, as he's only brilliant at doing the Running Man. Where as Michael is amazing at doing almost every type of dance move. Anyway after MC Hammer wanted to challenge Michael, he's on record as saying something like "After you've met Michael, you can't help but love him". I'm sure MC Hammer knows Michael Jackson is the Greatest and Most Stylish Dancer of All Time !!!

All true- and especially the bolded part. :toofunny:

yeah seriously, i cant remember the source but I will find it :) i think it might be in "the visual documentry" then again it may not be, but he did release a statement along those lines :) I just think mj was offended more by MC's pants, complete opposite to mikeys ankle swinging tightsters

Yes, it is in the Visual Documentary- the statement you said, and MC's challenge. That's the source. :yes:

exaactly i heard that too, but i think it was from one of michaels spokesman..

Yes, it is in the Visual Documentary- the statement you said, and MC's challenge. That's the source. :yes:

Thank you Marni I did not have the book at hand :)

Yeah, it was Michael's spokeperson that released a statment declining the challange and saying why would he have a dance off with someone who learned most of his moves from him to begin with, lol. Hammer was crazy if he was serious. Michael would have smoked him so bad. He kinda did the same thing at James Brown's funeral, when they were trying to get Michael to come up on stage and perform, and MC Hammer jumped up there instead and started girating all over the stage. He respects Michael, but still, he needs to get a clue, lol.

Last edited:

yep its true...mc was a fool lmmfao

MC Hammer was a great dancer, but there are videos of MJ dancing on Youtube where people think it's a CGI animation or some pro-dancer dressed as MJ. It's ridiculous. I don't know what his moves are like today, but in 1991.... MC Hammer couldn't touch him, no pun intended.

*I've got to add though, MC Hammer was likely issuing a friendly challenge. No need to diss him too hard. Half the reason he lost his money is because he was too nice a guy and employed every damn person who walked up to him and said "What's up cousin?"

Last edited:

I don't think anyone dissing MC, really. We're just saying that he was staright up crazy to want to take on Michael in a dance competition, lol. Anyone would be. IF he was serious. I don't know if he was. Like I said though, he respects Michael, and that's cool. So most likely, he didn't mean it. It's funny that you should mention people thinking videos of Michael are professionals dressed as him, because my brother was showing some videos of Michael dancing to a girl who is a dance instructor the other day, and he told her, 'You know he isn't trained', and she didn't believe it. She couldn't believe he's just purely a natural dancer.

Last edited:

Seems like MC was still trying to compete at the JB funeral. No wonder MJ declined the offer to go on stage.

Last edited:

Yeah, it was Michael's spokeperson that released a statment declining the challange and saying why would he have a dance off with someone who learned most of his moves from him to begin with, lol. Hammer was crazy if he was serious. Michael would have smoked him so bad. He kinda did the same thing at James Brown's funeral, when they were trying to get Michael to come up on stage and perform, and MC Hammer jumped up there instead and started girating all over the stage. He respects Michael, but still, he needs to get a clue, lol.

Yes, it was a spokesperson, and Hammer was serious. :lmao:

and LMAO WBSS21, I fully agree.

Back