May 22 - 24 Weekend News Byte

mariemarie

Guests
What do You Think of Lady Gaga?

Lady Gaga has been around for some time now.
Before she started singing, she wrote songs for people like Akon, Britney Spears and The Pussycat Dolls.

Akon was the one to suggest to Lady Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, that she should take a mic and start singing!
Two of her most popular songs, which I personally find way cool, are Let's Dance and Poker Face!

Lady Gaga grew up in the late 80's, listening to music by David Bowie, Queen, Michael Jackson and Cyndie Lauper.

Her sense of style is unique, quirky and loud!
What do you think of Lady Gaga? Do you like her music? Do you think she's eccentric in the way she dresses?

http://www.waleg.com/celebrities/archives/016633.html

Jackson fan, 5, close to tears as idol postpones gig

A HEARTBROKEN five-year-old was left close to tears on hearing Michael Jackson had postponed the gig at which the youngster was going to see his hero live.

Bobby Robertson was set to travel with his family to London’s O2 arena to visit the self styled King of Pop on July 12 for the third date of the This Is It tour – Jackson’s first tour in 12 years.

The youngster’s parents had cancelled plans to holiday in Spain so they could take him to see the singer in the flesh.
The couple told him the show, one of four changed, had been moved to March next year because Michael is “poorly”. Rumours Jackson has skin cancer have been denied.

The Coryton Primary pupil, whose favourite song is Beat It, said: “I’m sad because Michael Jackson is not feeling very well. I wanted to see him because he has got a good singing voice. And I like his dances.

“I can do some of them, all of them nearly. I’m pretty good. I hope we’ll see him next year.

“I was looking forward to it and I wanted to see him in July. I am sad that I am going to have to wait until next year.

“I asked my dad how many sleeps there will be until then. He said there will be lots.”

Bobby and his brother Cameron, who attends Whitchurch High School, appeared on Red Dragon FM yesterday to tell listeners how upset they were.

Cameron, 15, has been a fan since he was six.
He said: “I’m just gutted because it would have been my first concert and I really wanted to see him.

“I don’t want to have to wait until next year, Michael’s awesome.”

Bobby’s dad Daniel – also a huge ***** fan – was over the moon after snapping up four tickets for himself, his wife Ceri and the kids, even though they set him back £340.

He also forked out £20 to have T-shirts made especially for the shows and £5 in texts to qualify to buy tickets.

The 29-year-old British Gas worker, who lives with his family in Mynachdy, Cardiff, said: “Our concert has been moved to March 3, 2010.

“But that is the best part of a year away. At the moment there is not a lot we can do.

“So we have got to wait the best part of a year even with all the scepticism about his health and whether we will actually be able to see him.

“They have said we’ll have the same tickets but will the concert even be going on?”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/cardiff-news/2009/05/22/jackson-fan-5-close-to-tears-as-idol-postpones-gig-91466-23685891/

British musician/comedian brings show to Ramada

Elton John. Billy Joel. Ray Charles. Jerry Lee Lewis. Tom Jones. Willie Nelson. Michael Jackson. Neil Diamond. Mick Jagger. Barry Manilow. Jimmy Keys imitates them all.
But the British piano player and singer does have a favorite.

“I like doing Joe Cocker because he’s so funny,” Keys said during a phone interview from Southampton, Bermuda.
It’s all there. The facial grimaces. The odd arm and hand movements. The voice.

“I tend to stick to the classic people, especially because I do a lot of my shows in Florida where there’s an older crowd; they want to see people they know, so it’s hard to put in anybody modern,” Keys said. “Although there’s not the characters like there used to be, it seems to me. A lot of the classic guys are such characters, they’re fun to do.”
The comedian even did one imitation right in front of the superstar — and made him laugh.

More http://www.toledofreepress.com/2009/05/22/british-musiciancomedian-brings-show-to-ramada/

Smokey Robinson Honoured. Motown Icon Given award

Smokey Robinson, one of the pivotal influences behind the success of the Motown label, is to be award in a Los Angeles ceremony next month.
Born and raised in Detroit, William Robinson was given the name 'Smokey' by an uncle who noted the young star's fixation with cowboy movies. Musical from an early age, Robinson soon fell into the orbit of Berry Gordy.
Gordy founded Tamla Records in 1959, which was later to evolve into Motown. One of the most successful records of all time, it truly deserved the boast it placed on its record - 'The Sound Of Young America'.
smokey-robinson.jpg

Smokey Robinson was the lead singer with The Miracles. A hugely talented vocalist and songwriter he crafted some of the 60s most defining hits, beginning with 1960's 'Shop Around'. The singer endured his share of heartbreak, with his wife's miscarriage providing the spur for 'Tracks Of My Tears' - perhaps his move moving work.

Robinson also wrote songs for other Motown artists, helping craft the label's distinctive sound. Through its close knit family atmosphere stars were able to learn from each other, producing a roll call of stunning talent that begins with Martha Reeves and ends with Michael Jackson.

Turning solo the singer remained on Motown. Robinson was made vice-president of the label in 1961 and only relinquished this position in 1988.
Still regularly recording and touring, Smokey Robinson is one of the finest recording artists alive today. Bob Dylan provided Robinson's most esteemed piece of acclaim, naming the songwriter as the finest poet in America.

Smokey Robinson willhonoured with the ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Heritage Award at a ceremony in Los Angeles next month.

"Smokey is one of the most gifted and influential artists of our time," ASCAP President Paul Williams said in a statement.

"His superb accomplishments as a songwriter and performer, a founding member of the Miracles and his association with Motown Records have helped write a significant and enduring chapter in American musical history."

Smokey Robinson will be presented by the award as part of the annual Rhythm & Soul Music Awards on June 26th.
Part inductees include P Diddy, Mary J Blige and Timbaland.

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/smokey-robinson-honoured

Daniel Merriweather Hoping To See Michael Jackson Live

Daniel Merriweather is hoping to catch Michael Jackson live on his London O2 Arena residency.
Jackson has sold-out a 50 date stretch at the venue, which will begin in July.

Merriweather tells the Daily Star he's a big fan of the King of Pop, as he explains:

"I really hope I can get tickets to Michael Jackson's comeback this summer."

"I used to moonwalk in my bedroom as a kid." The 'Red' singer revealed. "I can even do it sideways!"

"He's got a lot of shows to do so I reckon he'll be at his best during the first five nights. I kind of hope he brings a jetpack and flies off the stage."

http://angryape.com/news/daniel-merriweather-hoping-to-see-michael-jackson-live

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1992 - Michael Jackson financed the funeral of a 9-year-old boy that had been killed in a drive-by shooting.

Sunflower%20Sky.jpg
window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();​
window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();

Last edited:
i love lady gaga. i prefer listening to her play the piano and singing live as she sounds much better, she is very talented and i love her refreshing style.she inspires me to be ambitious like michael and makes me want to do gd things with my life and work hard! thumbs up for lady gaga! check out her singing paparazzi live acoustic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8SrlbpJ5A

I've contacted Christian's team and that is the response:

Sorry we have no information on this matter . You can always check donedhardy.com for updated news. have a good day .

Best Regards,

Christian Audigier Support Team

^^So we'll see :)

Sorry we have no information on this matter . You can always check donedhardy.com for updated news. have a good day .

Best Regards,

What was your question?

Originally Posted by Dr.Feelgood

Best Regards,

What was your question?

-------------------
I'm guessing the question was - will Michael attend Christian's birthday this year - it was a rumor...in another thread​

The article about the 5 yr old being dissapointed because of the changed concert dates and having to wait until next year, why in the world would they tell the boy it was because Michael was "poorly" (assuming health wise)?

walesonline is a respected site?

They're gonna play it !!! *woop!!!*

I'm recording it so you guys can hear it later if your gonna miss it :D

Has anyone seen the article about 50cent supporting MJ ?

50 Cent backs Michael Jackson

Rapper 50 Cent has backed Michael Jackson after the singer rescheduled a string of London gigs.

Jackson has pushed back four concerts from the This Is It tour that were due to take place at London's O2 arena in July.
The self-styled King of Pop denied rumours of ill health and insisted the postponements were due to creative reasons.
Speaking at a glitzy Cinema Against Aids fundraiser at the Cannes Film Festival, Jackson fan 50 Cent said: "Michael Jackson is such a perfectionist, you know?
"He is the King of Pop. Until some tops Thriller he's going to have that, and the odds are it ain't gonna happen no time soon."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090522/ten-50-cent-backs-michael-jackson-ea4616c.html

Speaking at a glitzy Cinema Against Aids fundraiser at the Cannes Film Festival, Jackson fan 50 Cent said: "Michael Jackson is such a perfectionist, you know?
"He is the King of Pop. Until some tops Thriller he's going to have that, and the odds are it ain't gonna happen no time soon."
Well Mr. 50 Cent has a point there. Thanks for posting rsw22.

I doubt anybody will EVER top the success of Thriller. Aside from the fact, that MJ has a few OTHER records that need to be broken before anybody can even think of claiming that title, in my opinion.

MJ's latest record being the 50 O2 dates, selling out like they did, and he is not even promoting anything new. I don't think anybody will EVER be able to break that record either.

Guys stop. Please be responsible with posting. We don't need added negativity right now.

Sorry for the delay everyone as I had an emergancy but all is back to normal. Will be updating in a few minutes.

What do You Think of Lady Gaga?

Lady Gaga has been around for some time now.
Before she started singing, she wrote songs for people like Akon, Britney Spears and The Pussycat Dolls.

Akon was the one to suggest to Lady Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, that she should take a mic and start singing!
Two of her most popular songs, which I personally find way cool, are Let's Dance and Poker Face!

Lady Gaga grew up in the late 80's, listening to music by David Bowie, Queen, Michael Jackson and Cyndie Lauper.

Her sense of style is unique, quirky and loud!
What do you think of Lady Gaga? Do you like her music? Do you think she's eccentric in the way she dresses?

http://www.waleg.com/celebrities/archives/016633.html

Jackson fan, 5, close to tears as idol postpones gig

A HEARTBROKEN five-year-old was left close to tears on hearing Michael Jackson had postponed the gig at which the youngster was going to see his hero live.

Bobby Robertson was set to travel with his family to London’s O2 arena to visit the self styled King of Pop on July 12 for the third date of the This Is It tour – Jackson’s first tour in 12 years.

The youngster’s parents had cancelled plans to holiday in Spain so they could take him to see the singer in the flesh.
The couple told him the show, one of four changed, had been moved to March next year because Michael is “poorly”. Rumours Jackson has skin cancer have been denied.

The Coryton Primary pupil, whose favourite song is Beat It, said: “I’m sad because Michael Jackson is not feeling very well. I wanted to see him because he has got a good singing voice. And I like his dances.

“I can do some of them, all of them nearly. I’m pretty good. I hope we’ll see him next year.

“I was looking forward to it and I wanted to see him in July. I am sad that I am going to have to wait until next year.

“I asked my dad how many sleeps there will be until then. He said there will be lots.”

Bobby and his brother Cameron, who attends Whitchurch High School, appeared on Red Dragon FM yesterday to tell listeners how upset they were.

Cameron, 15, has been a fan since he was six.
He said: “I’m just gutted because it would have been my first concert and I really wanted to see him.

“I don’t want to have to wait until next year, Michael’s awesome.”

Bobby’s dad Daniel – also a huge ***** fan – was over the moon after snapping up four tickets for himself, his wife Ceri and the kids, even though they set him back £340.

He also forked out £20 to have T-shirts made especially for the shows and £5 in texts to qualify to buy tickets.

The 29-year-old British Gas worker, who lives with his family in Mynachdy, Cardiff, said: “Our concert has been moved to March 3, 2010.

“But that is the best part of a year away. At the moment there is not a lot we can do.

“So we have got to wait the best part of a year even with all the scepticism about his health and whether we will actually be able to see him.

“They have said we’ll have the same tickets but will the concert even be going on?”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/cardiff-news/2009/05/22/jackson-fan-5-close-to-tears-as-idol-postpones-gig-91466-23685891/

British musician/comedian brings show to Ramada

Elton John. Billy Joel. Ray Charles. Jerry Lee Lewis. Tom Jones. Willie Nelson. Michael Jackson. Neil Diamond. Mick Jagger. Barry Manilow. Jimmy Keys imitates them all.
But the British piano player and singer does have a favorite.

“I like doing Joe Cocker because he’s so funny,” Keys said during a phone interview from Southampton, Bermuda.
It’s all there. The facial grimaces. The odd arm and hand movements. The voice.

“I tend to stick to the classic people, especially because I do a lot of my shows in Florida where there’s an older crowd; they want to see people they know, so it’s hard to put in anybody modern,” Keys said. “Although there’s not the characters like there used to be, it seems to me. A lot of the classic guys are such characters, they’re fun to do.”
The comedian even did one imitation right in front of the superstar — and made him laugh.

More http://www.toledofreepress.com/2009/05/22/british-musiciancomedian-brings-show-to-ramada/

Smokey Robinson Honoured. Motown Icon Given award

Smokey Robinson, one of the pivotal influences behind the success of the Motown label, is to be award in a Los Angeles ceremony next month.
Born and raised in Detroit, William Robinson was given the name 'Smokey' by an uncle who noted the young star's fixation with cowboy movies. Musical from an early age, Robinson soon fell into the orbit of Berry Gordy.
Gordy founded Tamla Records in 1959, which was later to evolve into Motown. One of the most successful records of all time, it truly deserved the boast it placed on its record - 'The Sound Of Young America'.
smokey-robinson.jpg

Smokey Robinson was the lead singer with The Miracles. A hugely talented vocalist and songwriter he crafted some of the 60s most defining hits, beginning with 1960's 'Shop Around'. The singer endured his share of heartbreak, with his wife's miscarriage providing the spur for 'Tracks Of My Tears' - perhaps his move moving work.

Robinson also wrote songs for other Motown artists, helping craft the label's distinctive sound. Through its close knit family atmosphere stars were able to learn from each other, producing a roll call of stunning talent that begins with Martha Reeves and ends with Michael Jackson.

Turning solo the singer remained on Motown. Robinson was made vice-president of the label in 1961 and only relinquished this position in 1988.
Still regularly recording and touring, Smokey Robinson is one of the finest recording artists alive today. Bob Dylan provided Robinson's most esteemed piece of acclaim, naming the songwriter as the finest poet in America.

Smokey Robinson willhonoured with the ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Heritage Award at a ceremony in Los Angeles next month.

"Smokey is one of the most gifted and influential artists of our time," ASCAP President Paul Williams said in a statement.

"His superb accomplishments as a songwriter and performer, a founding member of the Miracles and his association with Motown Records have helped write a significant and enduring chapter in American musical history."

Smokey Robinson will be presented by the award as part of the annual Rhythm & Soul Music Awards on June 26th.
Part inductees include P Diddy, Mary J Blige and Timbaland.

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/smokey-robinson-honoured

Daniel Merriweather Hoping To See Michael Jackson Live

Daniel Merriweather is hoping to catch Michael Jackson live on his London O2 Arena residency.
Jackson has sold-out a 50 date stretch at the venue, which will begin in July.

Merriweather tells the Daily Star he's a big fan of the King of Pop, as he explains:

"I really hope I can get tickets to Michael Jackson's comeback this summer."

"I used to moonwalk in my bedroom as a kid." The 'Red' singer revealed. "I can even do it sideways!"

"He's got a lot of shows to do so I reckon he'll be at his best during the first five nights. I kind of hope he brings a jetpack and flies off the stage."

http://angryape.com/news/daniel-merriweather-hoping-to-see-michael-jackson-live

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1992 - Michael Jackson financed the funeral of a 9-year-old boy that had been killed in a drive-by shooting.

Sunflower%20Sky.jpg
window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();​
window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();

boy, people say they prefer a live performance, acoustic, without lip syncing? did u hear the LAME applause that Lady GaGa got, after that performance?

Michael Jackson Mentionings, Sunday, May 23, 2009:

http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/45872877.html

Beech Bend Debuts A Real "Thriller" Of A Ride

Don't stop till you get enough on Beech Bend's new thriller of a ride!
Beech Bend Amusement Park is now open for the season with a special new ride.

The Sea Dragon was purchased from Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch in Santa Barbara, California. The ride was one of several large rides that made up Jackson's infamous 2800 acre private amusement park. When Neverland shut down, Beech Bend bided on and won the Sea Dragon.

The Sea Dragon is a swinging pirate ship themed ride that will swing riders 65-feet high into the air. The swinging motion gives the rider the same "lose your stomach" feeling as a roller coaster's airtime moments. The ride also has an audio system that will be playing some of Michael Jackson's classics.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Entertainment/Dance+like+dead/1623876/story.html

Dance like the dead

Generic zombie dance moves

Good for Halloween, any time you hear Michael Jackson's Thriller, and appropriate moments of Evil Dead: The Musical
1. Limp onto the dance floor in a zombielike way.
2. Cock your arms at the elbow, and bend your fingers, as if reaching out to grab living flesh.
The living dead waltz
3. Raise your arms to shoulder height to the right, while leaning back and lifting your right leg.
4. Keep the pose, but rotate it to the left side of your body,
switching your weight to the other leg.
5. Go back and forth from the left to the right several times quickly.
The reanimated shuffle and turn
1. Bend at the knees into a crouch, while keeping one leg limp, as if it is too decomposed to be of much use.
2. Rotate your body on your
good leg, but not too quickly. Do it in a shuffle.
3. Complete a full circle.
4. Groan loudly.
Evil Dead: The Musical zombie dance moves
Accompanies the song The Necronomicon, following its lyrics. Thanks to Evil Dead choreographer Glenda Stirling
1. When you hear "First we jump:" Leap up with any two-footed jump that gives you some air. Remember to have a weird and stiff zombie upper body. Land with your right leg slightly behind your left.
2. When you hear "Then we sink down:" Lower your
centre of gravity, getting your butt closer to your heels, but the sinking should be jagged, not smooth. Keep your face up to maintain your zombie grin.
3. When you hear "Then we get back up:" Stand and extend your right arm and leg in a classic zombie pose,
extended out from the shoulder, your right leg stepping forward at the same time. Do the same with the left arm and leg. You'll find yourself balanced on both feet, arms straight out like zombies searching for prey. Your head can loll to any side, as long as your eyes are still searching
for blood.
4. When you hear "And lasso all around:" The classic Calgary Stampede/Calaway Park lasso--raise your right arm above your head as if holding a lasso. Left hand goes on your hip. As your arm lassos, step with your right foot, close with your left.
Complete a circle in this way.
5. When you hear "Then we spin:" Spin to the right on a wonky, disjointed zombie fashion.
6. When you hear "Clap our hands:" Two claps high, by your head to the right, then two claps low, near your hip to the left.
7. When you hear "And take a brief moment to acknowledge the band:" Hitchhiker thumbs to the right, then to the left, followed by your own personal zombie gesture--such as your tongue wagging, classic zombie pose, hip thrusts or anything else.
The zombies that stalk Evil Dead: The Musical may be reanimated, but they can certainly deliver a lively dance number.
Thanks to the choreography of Glenda Stirling, and some dance-friendly musical numbers, the undead villains of the tale cut up the dance floor in a unique zombie fashion. Which isn't as odd as you might think--Michael Jackson's Thriller video has evolved into the Locomotion of its generation, with choreographed Thriller zombie dances popping up everywhere from wedding receptions to Philippine prison yards (check YouTube).
Which means zombie dances are no longer exclusive to the undead. Thanks to a little help from Stirling, here are a few zombie dance moves to get you prepared for Evil Dead: The Musical.
© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald

http://www.examiner.com/x-7487-Manc...9m5d23-Natalie-MacMaster-comes-to-New-England

"I am a very musical person," MacMaster said in a recent interview. "I love music, and I don’t just love Cape Breton fiddling, although it’s my favorite. I love jazz and pop rock and country. I grew up listening to Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Def Leppard, AC/DC, Anne Murray -- if I hear something really great … I want to be a part of it.”

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/music/whats-new-for-pussycats/2009/05/23/1242498972842.html

Two of the girls, Melody Thornton and Ashley Roberts, were spotted inside designer-street store Ed Hardy. The outlet is a happy hunting ground for touring celebrities, with former clients including Madonna, Michael Jackson, Pamela Anderson and Britney Spears.

http://www.scntx.com/articles/2009/05/22/news_update/396.txt

Taylor welcomes the prospect of other metal detectors and treasure hunters coming to Haggard Park to help search for the time capsules.

“It’s the element of the unknown,” he said. “It’s neat to have the opportunity to go back to look at that stuff and see what was popular at the time.”

That being said, Taylor can only speculate at what the capsules would contain.

“The one from the ’70s would probably have baseball cards, maybe a G.I. Joe figurine or a school book,” he said. “The ’86 one may contain a cassette of Michael Jackson or one of those gel Swatches. Who knows?”

Last edited:
Well Mr. 50 Cent has a point there. Thanks for posting rsw22.

I doubt anybody will EVER top the success of Thriller. Aside from the fact, that MJ has a few OTHER records that need to be broken before anybody can even think of claiming that title, in my opinion.

MJ's latest record being the 50 O2 dates, selling out like they did, and he is not even promoting anything new. I don't think anybody will EVER be able to break that record either.

And this thing could have been bigger than this. Remember AEG still had a roster of a couple million people who haven't even gotten a ticket yet. I am sure a lot of those people will get a ticket if Michael extends his tour to nearby places. I think that if Michael is strong enough to extend this tour to about a year or two, he will certainly have the potential of breaking the record for the highest grossing tour ever. I guess Rolling Stone holds that record now, right?

(24-5-2009) Dame Elizabeth Taylor meanwhile also has a Twitter account. In her postings she also says that she is looking forward to Michael Jackson's 'This Is It' concerts:

"Counting the days until Michael's opening night in London."
Source: MJFC / Twitter

You can rely on Liz. I hope she is healthy enough to be able to travel and to visit some shows

(24-5-2009) Dame Elizabeth Taylor meanwhile also has a Twitter account. In her postings she also says that she is looking forward to Michael Jackson's 'This Is It' concerts:

"Counting the days until Michael's opening night in London."
Source: MJFC / Twitter

You can rely on Liz. I hope she is healthy enough to be able to travel and to visit some shows

I totally love her. She is truly a wonderful lady. She's so cool, she must be the oldest person with a Twitter account. LOL! You gotta love that.

Go on Ms. Taylor, with your bad self!

I love to Elizabeth Taylor,she is so nice lady,amazing actress:)
she and MJ are really good friends:)
And also I'm a fan of lady gaga,she is amazing.

Back