March 4, 2009 - Wednesday

MsSnoop

Proud Member
News and Mentionings on the day before the BIG announcement.... let's hope it's something GREAT for both sides of the Atlantic!
:punk: :clapping: :D

SNN0407A-280_746042a.jpg

Michael Jackson lands in London
stv.tv - Michael Jackson has flown to the UK to announce a 30-date summer residency at London's O2 arena. Michael Jackson is to perform a summer residency at ...
Michael Jackson expected to return to the stage
Los Angeles Times
As we move into Month 3 of 2009, we are met with our first substantial Michael Jackson tour rumor, which is arriving a little more than four months after ...
Reports: Michael Jackson seeks comeback in London The Associated Press
Michael Jackson Plotting London Comeback Concerts? Rolling Stone
Michael Jackson Expected to Make Concert Announcement People Magazine

MICHAEL%20JACKSON%20HELLO.jpg

IrishFaery (34)

Today in

Michael Jackson History

1980 - Randy Jackson was seriously injured in a car crash.

1998 - Michael Jackson's "History On Film Volume II" was named Best International Video at the 12th annual RIAJ (Recording Industry of Japan) Gold Disc Awards.

2003 - LaToya Jackson appeared on CNN's "Larry King Live" to discuss her older brother Michael.

2003 - Vanity Fair reported that Michael Jackson had attended a voodoo ritual in 2000 where a witch doctor promised that Steven Spielberg and 24 other people would die. The people noted were on Jackson's list of enemies. Jackson also wired $150,000 to a voodoo chief named Baba who sacrificed 42 cows for the ceremony. The article also reported that Jackson wore a prosthesis that serves as the tip of his nose. :doh:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee finally!!!!!
KING IS BACK!!!

I'm telling ya. If MJ were to do a concert or concerts in Massachusetts, I am THERE baby!! Me and my daughta!! As long as I agree to go to a Thirty Seconds to Mars concert in return..!!

The new Era has begun!!

The King of Music and entertainment is BACK!

Michael Jackson reveals his comeback plans

[/i]
Wednesday, 4 March 2009
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/*****-to-settle-in-antrim-13401003.html

Having become more accustomed to courtrooms than concert arenas – riding out a painfully public battle against paedophilia charges, troubles in Neverland and a cash spat with Sheikh Abdulla of Bahrain – Michael Jackson is finally ready to reprise his role as the King of Pop.

The singer is scheduled to arrive at the O2 Arena in London tomorrow to announce a handful of concert dates at the venue this summer.
Details of the performances are being fiercely guarded until the announcement at 4pm but the promoters bill the concert series as one of the most "spectacular and extraordinary events" that his fans will ever see. One source said the shows would be spread over "a few days" rather than a full month, as earlier rumoured.

Jackson, 50, has been talking with organisers for months about staging his live revival, pencilled for July. He will reportedly secure £1.5m a night from the comeback shows. It is not known when ticket sales will begin but there is already speculation tickets will be resold on eBay for thousands of pounds.

Rumours of the singer's spiralling debt have been growing since the end of his child molestation court case in Los Angeles in 2005, when he was cleared. It is believed revenue from the residency at O2 will help Jackson's waning fortune. He was forced to sell his beloved Neverland Ranch last year after falling behind on the running costs, which total $3m (£2.1m) a year.

There has been speculation that Jackson is on prescription drugs and grappling with stage fright but organisers have apparently been assured that he is ready for the comeback.

The concerts would be a coup for the O2 Arena – they will, in effect, relaunch Jackson's career in Britain rather than in the US. His last studio album was Invincible in 2001 and no details have been confirmed as to whether the singer is working on new material to accompany his return to the stage.

Jackson last performed in 2006 at the World Music Awards in London but he disappointed fans by singing just a few lines of the song "We Are The World". It was his first appearance since being cleared of the child abuse charges. He was originally due to play at the O2 Arena in January 2008 when it was reported that he was in negotiations to play a 10-night residency.

The timing would have coincided with the 25th anniversary of the release of his landmark album, Thriller. Jackson has not toured Britain since his 1997 HIStory world tour and his last performance in London was in front of 72,000 fans at Wembley Stadium that summer. A year earlier, he performed at the Brit Awards and was famously interrupted by the buttock-baring singer Jarvis Cocker.

Source: Independent

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/e...kson-reveals-his-comeback-plans-14212472.html

I.AM.SO.F**king.Excited!!!!

I seriously couldn't sleep last night thinking of Thursdays announcment.

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EXCITED!!!

I'm so proud of him!

I'm SO EXCITED I don't KNOW WHAT TO DOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wild:

Does anybody else feel a little nervous and annoyed that MJ hasn't even made his "special announcement" and yet the press is already running wild with speculation about his plans?

Anyhow, can't wait to hear what he has to say tomorrow. :)

Does anybody else feel a little nervous and annoyed that MJ hasn't even made his "special announcement" and yet the press is already running wild with speculation about his plans?

He said Thursday at 4:00pm London time. It seem like everyone is excited.

I know what he said. :rolleyes:

It's just that this whole buzz about MJ doing concerts at the O2 might not even be true at all, after all his spokeswoman did say they were merely "speculation". I'm getting a WMAs 2006 vibe and I hope that isn't the case.

Yeah, all I have talked to is very excited, and actually they all hope he will get a great comeback!

That's why my moto is "wait and see."

Thing is why would michael come to london and have a press conference at the o2 and it be something small. He could just release a statement or something. I do think it's a little more then that. But no matter what goes down, it been exciting the past few days.lol I'm still gonna wait and see tho'.

Last edited:
Maby he'll announce that he's bought the rights to KFC

..................................O.M.G!!!!!:wild: SO happy and proud of him!:D:yes::punk::wub: Really GREAT news!!!! Bring it ON,Michael!!!:D:yes::punk::wub::clapping::wild:

I know what he said. :rolleyes:

It's just that this whole buzz about MJ doing concerts at the O2 might not even be true at all, after all his spokeswoman did say they were merely "speculation". I'm getting a WMAs 2006 vibe and I hope that isn't the case.
If you knew what he said, then why did you ask?:scratch:ANyway people are excited.:clapping:

I'm so excited, I doubt if I'll be able to sleep tonight, and will be glued to the TV tomorrow.

Some sceptics have asked if he could really sell out 31 concerts, how ignorant are they? he could sell out much more than that.

We have waited so long for this, and there is going to be so much egg on so many faces very soon!

Media is always around flying, so I bet may or maybe Mj and crew.
Will not realish a statment,since a rumer/kinda statment is out xp :S

Dunno,we would see tommorow?
WHat U.K time,is we suppose to be let know these news?

woww the first article says he will earn $150 million in 30 days?

i hope the tickets aren't THAT expensive!!!

Back