March 20 - 22 Weekend News Byte

mariemarie

Guests
Michael Jackson fury at BBC over IRA jibe

Furious Michael Jackson wants an apology from the BBC after two comics compared his comeback to the IRA.

Comedians Steve Punt and Hugh Dennis, speaking days after three murders by IRA splinter groups, said both Jackson and the terrorists were “80s celebrities”.

They said on Radio 4’s The Now Show: “I can’t believe which 80s celebrities I want back less. Michael Jackson or the IRA.”

The BBC website compounded the insult by saying on their website:

“Steve Punt and Hugh Dennis discuss the return to from Michael Jackson to the IRA.”

Jackson was horrified when he heard about the joke. A source said:

“Michael was told about the comments and was appalled. It was a disgusting slur. To compare him to cold-blooded murderers is not funny, it is highly offensive.”

Jackson has complained to AEG Live, the promoters who are behind his 50-night

Last edited:
Re: March 20 - 22 Weekend Newsbyte

Thanks for the news:)

Too bad with the so called comedians, but very nice to read the research on music and global appeal.
Its what Michael has aimed to do, is it not? Create music that toutch peoples hearts.

thank you for the news!!!!!!!!!!!

michael has a right to be upset
people are so jeaslous of him!!!!!!!!!!
i hope he does america dates it has to be true!!!!
this is it
it has t be for everybody

but everybody talking about vegas. la, and newyork

what about downsouth

atlanta georia, houston texas, new orleans, flordia,

michael you have fans in the south also

!!!1

Comedians Steve Punt and Hugh Dennis, speaking days after three murders by IRA splinter groups, said both Jackson and the terrorists were “80s celebrities”.

-----------------------------------------------------
THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!

Who cares what two dumb comics think. If they do not want Michael back, they can take their @$$ on and do not talk about him. As of now, more people (Millions) want Michael back compare to those two clowns. Who want them back? No one.

Can these idoits get email? If so, post it.

Good news, good news:

The album ‘The Essential Michael Jackson’ has re-entered the US Billboard’s Top Pop Catalog Albums chart this week and went straight to #1.

Simultaneously, the album ‘Number Ones’ rises 7 places to #5 on the same charts - making it the greatest gainer of the week.

Source: MJFC / Billboard

People get to know quality!

Try to search for a email at BBC.com :evil:

Who cares what two dumb comics think. If they do not want Michael back, they can take their @$$ on and do not talk about him. As of now, more people (Millions) want Michael back compare to those two clowns. Who want them back? No one.

I agree

Jacksons Five and dime

By Philip Potempa
philip.potempa@nwi.com, (219) 852-4327 | Friday, March 20, 2009 | (No comments posted.)
doce8c39afd057f22e78625757e007a41dc1.jpg

NWI Photo Store

doce8c39afd057f22e78625757e007a41dc2.jpg

NWI Photo Store

GARY | It's all about saving for the future.

Gary record producer Gordon Keith, who uses the industry name William Adams, says it's been his career motto.

Now Keith hopes the contracts, early recordings and test demos he produced for The Jackson Five will sell for top money.

"I got the idea after Michael Jackson announced he's launching his final tour performances," said Keith, 70, of his decision to sell what he says are rare early-career items.

"I figure now's the best time to empty all these items I've been keeping for the last 40 years in my bank vault. I hope Bill Gates reads this and makes an offer I can't refuse."

In an e-mail sent Wednesday to local media, collectors, talk-show host Jay Leno and interested industry parties, Keith describes some of the items as "the mint condition very first recordings of Michael Jackson and The Jackson Five, even before Motown, when they were signed to their first label, Steel-Town Records."

Keith refers to himself as "The Jackson Five's original discoverer/producer."

Listed for sale with "prices negotiable" are "demos, master mix and master tapes of Jackson Five's first record/songs 'Big Boy' and 'You've Changed,' 'We Don't Have to be Over 21' and 'Jam Session' and 'Some Girls Want Me.' "

Keith said some of the most valuable items are original contracts, or "onion skins," dated Nov. 21, 1967, that feature his own signature as producer and that of Joe Jackson, signing the business papers on behalf of his sons, Michael, Tito, Jackie, Jermaine and Marlon.

Some of the paperwork for sale features signatures of the late music industry legend Jerry Wexler, of Atlantic Records, who died in August at age 91.

Keith, who is working on a book about his years -- and legal wrangling -- with the Jackson family, says his association with the family has been "bumpy" recently. In his current legal battle, Keith asks for nearly $1 million from the Jacksons. He says they owe him from profits made from the early recordings, which he claims he backed with his own funds.

"I might just be a little bitty guy in this business now, compared to how much recognition and money the Jacksons have gained over the years, but it doesn't mean I don't deserve what I am owed," he said.
===========================================================

Didn't he sue the Jacksons few years ago? What does he want again?

I agree, and I also believe MJ doesn't know a thing about it.

THEIR people probably planted that story, in order to get some media attention for those two clowns. I mean, if you want some attention for your clients, all you have to do is attached their names to the name of MICHAEL JACKSON.

I, personally, could careless what those comics have to say. When those tickets sold out like they did, the PEOPLE made what they wanted very clear!

punt and dennis are so 90's. lol like mj has a clue about what ppl say about him nor he cares. want some free publicity then mention mjs name. *yawn*

OK YALL WHAT ABOUT MICHAEL DOING DATES IN THE SOUTH!!!!!!

HOUSTON, ATLANTA, FLORIDA, SOUTH CARONINA, NORTH CAOLINA!!!!!!!!!!

ANYWHERE DOWN SOUTH PLZ HELP ME OUT

everybody saying new york, la vegas come one
its more cities than those

theres no dates anywhere at the mo. the whole tour is AEG idea mj hasnt aggreed to anything.considering its residences i doubt there will be any huge amount of dates so if any dates are done in the usa it will be n.y l.a or vegas

punt and dennis are so 90's. lol like mj has a clue about what ppl say about him nor he cares. want some free publicity then mention mjs name. *yawn*

I'm also pretty sure Michael doesn't really know about this crap. Plus, I really have started to take a story that gets it's info from the mysterious and anonymous "source" with a HUGE benefit of the doubt.

Good news indeed.
Good news, good news:

The album ‘The Essential Michael Jackson’ has re-entered the US Billboard’s Top Pop Catalog Albums chart this week and went straight to #1.

Simultaneously, the album ‘Number Ones’ rises 7 places to #5 on the same charts - making it the greatest gainer of the week.

Whoot whooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good news indeed!

Good news, good news:

cool! nice to hear that it is in the usa!

Associated Press
Published: March 20, 2009
LOS ANGELES—The Department of Justice has asked Ticketmaster Entertainment Inc. and concert promoter Live Nation Inc. for more information about their proposed merger, the companies said Friday.

It is the second request from the DOJ, indicating that it is scrutinizing the deal closer than most. The companies said the request was expected, and that they’re cooperating with the antitrust investigation.

Ticketmaster is the world’s largest seller of tickets to concerts and shows, and Live Nation is the largest U.S. operator of concert venues, with more than 140. The companies have been expecting to complete the deal in the second half of the year.

Artists have expressed concern that a combination would lead to a near-monopoly on large-scale concerts. Ticketmaster has drawn criticism recently from Bruce Springsteen fans, who say the company redirected them to its resale sites to charge more than the face value of the tickets.

Ticketmaster chairman Barry Diller repeated his denial of that practice late Thursday. He also said the complaints that fans were shut out of Phish and Michael Jackson concerts were due to the tickets selling out in seconds.

“Oddly, the better we sell tickets, the more unpopular we become,“ Diller said.

Live Nation last year ended a long-term contract to sell its concert tickets through Ticketmaster, and it launched its own ticketing service for its venues in January. That threatened to siphon off at least 15 percent of Ticketmaster’s revenue and had set the two companies up for a head-to-head fight to win ticketing contracts.

Ticketmaster shares fell 24 cents, or 5.8 percent, to $3.85 in morning trading Friday while Live Nation shares lost 13 cents, or 4.5 percent, to $2.79.

http://www.nbc4i.com/cmh/entertainm...oks_closer_at_ticketmaster-live_nation/14030/

It is amazing how everytime Michael is mentioned in the media with regards to music, his back catalog gets a boost in sales. Which tells me that there are a ton of new/young folks out there who are still learning about who Michael really is. He keeps touching the new generations.

Good news, good news:

:clapping: :D

I think that the content of the video on the site has been confirmed to be 'composed' so I don't know if there really is still a Christmas wreath on Michael's gate but I really liked the accompanying article so here it is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-gregory/michael-jackson-springs-i_b_177562.html

Professionally Michael Jackson has achieved more than most of us can even dream. His music has lifted each one of us out of more than a funk or two, while his videos and dance beckon millions of fans to strive toward perfection. Like The Beatles and Elvis, Jackson is one of the few timeless and resonate voices of our generation.

Michael Jackson never targets for the middle.

There is something undefined within us that seeks to provoke our heroes until they lie before us broken and beaten. Perhaps mediocrity just wants to prove that aiming for perfection exacts too high a price.

The magnifying glass under which Michael Jackson has lived his entire life has exacted an obvious price. Still as we berate him we can't stop watching him -- no matter how often we think we've seen it all. My sense is he'd never want the anonymity of a life out of the limelight. His latest concert announcement is a testament that he still has inspiration to share with his fans.

It's only with that sense of respect and awe -- and my own warped desire for Warhol's immortal fifteen minutes that I am reporting on his Christmas decorations. Jackson is one of a kind. I'm glad he's in my neighborhood and in the world.
Merry Easter Michael.

Aww, the young one sure does like Christmas. xD
Looks like a very nice place where he lives. :) But LOL at the people looking in his trash, and guards watching them. o_O Ppl need to leave that stuff alone. :lol:

Wasn't sure if we were done with maintence work on the servers so now that I think I am safe to post the update I will go ahead and do it.

Back