March 19, 2009 - Let's try this again

It's hard for people to disassociate w.acko from j.acko, because that's how the press started using the nickname, with w.acko added on. So obviously, when most people see the name j.acko, they automatically associate it with being used towards Michael in a deragatory way.

I think I'll agree. We know MJ doesn't like it of course, but here in the UK -unless they use the word W--cko in the front- they just use it as a nickname indeed. Many celebs here have their own nicknames given to them by the press, even if they don't like it. lol

lol..well..i'll remember that, next time i give a media person a nickname, and keep using it, even if they don't like it. lol..all i know is, there isn't a person in the world i havent heard of who is more offended, than when someone doesn't get their name right. even people who have names that are difficult to pronounce will bite your head off if you don't get the name right. lol..Elizabeth Taylor said, 'just spell my name right.' lol..i'm sure many on here would be offended if they got a name they didn't like and we stuck with it. something about names that are important to people. no exceptions. it's just hard for people to see things until the arrow is turned on themselves.

Last edited:
It's hard for people to disassociate w.acko from j.acko, because that's how the press started using the nickname, with w.acko added on. So obviously, when most people see the name j.acko, they automatically associate it with being used towards Michael in a deragatory way.

i understand that from an american point of view cause u dont use the j.a.c.k.o. nickname in everyday life. but as its used here for anyone and everyone its not seen as a negative unless w is attached to it

I get that too. You're totally making sense elusive. I'm just saying that the reason people get annoyed when they see the name used for Michael is because of that initial usage and the association people now make with it.

I get that too. You're totally making sense elusive. I'm just saying that the reason people get annoyed when they see the name used for Michael is because of that initial usage and the association people now make with it.

yes...hence the term i used..'chicken or egg'. we certainly cannot be blamed because of his massive fame outshining other Jacksons.

Can someone explain the news about viagogo and AEG in the first page? cause i bought a ticket there!! is is not real??

thanks in advance

finally watched the JD's clip...he was sooooooooooooo on the money about Michael...

and it heighten my awareness again on how great that achievement was on selling out the 50 dates of the O2...and that everyone in the industry...is saying ..........DAMN ... Michael did it again...

Exactly. What Michael has done in London is nothing short of amazing. And everybody in the music/entertainment industry knows it.

Exactly. What Michael has done in London is nothing short of amazing. And everybody in the music/entertainment industry knows it.

yeah..it's like thriller. if you say it will happen prior, u will be regarded as crrazy.

and in the middle of a recession as others pointed out here.

so..why should the internet make me feel that mj shouldn't outsell thriller, with a new album, relatively speaking? :yes: or, for that matter, that MJ broke or set any other record that others regard as being 'inflated'.? i'm sure, it's bad enough that there are people who couldn't believe that a career like MJ's could exist, if it didn't exist.

yeah..it's like thriller. if you say it will happen prior, u will be regarded as crrazy.

and in the middle of a recession as others pointed out here.

so..why should the internet make me feel that mj shouldn't outsell thriller, with a new album, relatively speaking? :yes: or, for that matter, that MJ broke or set any other record that others regard as being 'inflated'.? i'm sure, it's bad enough that there are people who couldn't believe that a career like MJ's could exist, if it didn't exist.

totally agree ^_^

yes...hence the term i used..'chicken or egg'. we certainly cannot be blamed because of his massive fame outshining other Jacksons.
It's not only in articles but even on television coming out of some of these reporter's mouthes whether it be E! News, The Daily 10, Extra and even Access Hollywood (even though billy bush got to meet him inperson) most of the article's or in the graphics when michael announced this O2 thing most of them went with the same headline that would say "J.acko's Backo". In a time where people who are not really famous for anything and have no actual talent but get treated with more respect just cus they "look good". (Paris Hilton, Kardashians & The Hills cast)

It's not only in articles but even on television coming out of some of these reporter's mouthes whether it be E! News, The Daily 10, Extra and even Access Hollywood (even though billy bush got to meet him inperson) most of the article's or in the graphics when michael announced this O2 thing most of them went with the same headline that would say "J.acko's Backo". In a time where people who are not really famous for anything and have no actual talent but get treated with more respect just cus they "look good". (Paris Hilton, Kardashians & The Hills cast)

yes..in america there are definitely NO nicknames given to any of these celebrities..and there is an air of respect for them all. but not for Michael. people can hear the respect or lack thereof in the voices of reporters, whether nicknames are used or not. but, there is no doubt, there is a difference in the way reporters verbally approach Michael vs. any other celebrity, even if they did nothing but climb a social ladder. they all get respect and no nickname and MJ gets no respect and a decided slant to that term.

even if there is a nickname...a 2 year old can tell the difference in the slant. Fergie is nice..Madge is nice...J**** is not. no tone of slant to the first two, plenty of slant to the third.

I hate it when the media call him j**ko and W**ko...i think its really disrepectfull
for them to do that. But i doubt they will ever stop it, they dont give a hoot bout mikes feelings :angry:

I think the main reason why fans get offended by the name J**o is because Michael himself have said he doesn't like it.

At this point, MJ does not have to prove nothing to NO ONE. It does not matter if some people like it or not, what is, will be, and it is DONE.

yes..in america there are definitely NO nicknames given to any of these celebrities..and there is an air of respect for them all. but not for Michael. people can hear the respect or lack thereof in the voices of reporters, whether nicknames are used or not. but, there is no doubt, there is a difference in the way reporters verbally approach Michael vs. any other celebrity, even if they did nothing but climb a social ladder. they all get respect and no nickname and MJ gets no respect and a decided slant to that term.

even if there is a nickname...a 2 year old can tell the difference in the slant. Fergie is nice..Madge is nice...J**** is not. no tone of slant to the first two, plenty of slant to the third.
When that name is used, it is used to slander him. Nothing else.

neither name is being disrespectful. americans dont understand the meaning behind these nicknames and how they are used so you take it the wrong way when its printed

i just hope phillips doesnt pile the pressure on mj to agree. he doesnt seem to mind telling the media about this plan that mj hasnt even agreed to
When the name "J***o is used by AMerican media, it is used to OFFEND and imply that MIke is crazy. This why he does not like it. Even that stupid Tom Sneddon called MJ that name in which he apolized later for saying. So that means that name is OFFENSIVE.

im not talking about the W word but J.A.C.K.O. the american media may use the word J.A.c.k.o as a negative but that is not its intention or meaning when its used by the UK press unless W is put b4 it

cause usa fans think that word is disrespectful and was somehow created just for mj when its not. anyone (normally male) with a name that ends in son, such as gibson jackson or anyone whos name begins with Mac in the uk and other countries such as OZ gets called J.A.c.k.o or gibbo or macca for mac. nothing more nothing less. ***** is obviously attached to mj its not attached to janet cause shes female. thats it nothing more nothing less. if other coutries want to use the word as a negativethats upto them but when u see it printed and said in the uk its not a negatvie its just what ppl get called when they have that name.. that is totally different to the w.ac.k.o

im not defending the name j.a.c.k.o just stating the fact behind the meaning of the word and what it really means.
I understand buy since MJ is American and that name is offensive to an AMERICAN, the british should not use it. One culture should be respected. that is the same if someone comes to American and American call them a name that is offensive in their own culture. We as American should not use it to describe them even if if is not offensive in america but it is offensive to them in their culture.

Thanks for posting JD's video. Is it necessary that they even bother JD on his blog? Jealousy, pure jealousy. As someone once said: as a ba you have to give and achieve so much more than the others, but still only the others will get recogntion. Also, if you make just a little mistake, you have to pay for it forever. While others can do whatever ugly crime they want, and get away with it, even get praise for it.

Michael himself has said that he hates the name J*** and because of this i think that the media should respect his wishes and call him by his birthname. Unfortunatly though that will probably never happen because the media has no respect for Michael.

Becuz Michael said on tape with his own mouth saying he doesn't like the name J****.o...so in my opinion whether its said by the media in America, UK, Austalia,Dubai,Syberia...where...ever in the world....to me its like calling him the N-word...there is absolutely nothing enduring about it...

Like the N-word ..Ja*** was created to insult and degrade..so whether its used alone or with an adjective..to me it ...its still an insult...

And that excuse about just making the name shorter to make it easier is :bs Jackson is 7 letters like Murdoch..and his name is always printed M.U.R.D.O.C.H...

Its all about respect...he is an artist that has given so much of himself...called him by his correct name J.A.C.K.S.O.N.

i don't care where the name is apropos, the man said he didn't like it. he's not j.ko he's JACKSON and if u can't get that right, don't say his damn name. how hard is that?

if the media wants credibility at all, they'd call him by h is proper name. t hey don't and that's why they'renot deemed reliable and credible. and anyone that can defend that after he said he didn't like it has some serious thinking to do imo.

i think rp is putting on a bit of a show. mj and aeg knew it couldn't start in the us. 02 showed the WORLD that mj is a crowd pleaser and money maker. now he can go anywhere in the world, broker his own deal, and get what he wants. lol but they needed london to do well and it has.

this is it will be a world tour, imo or a set up for something bigger than we've all expected

I hope you are right, SoSo. I want a world tour. I want Michael to tour the US and prove all of those Murdoch minions wrong. I will never forget watching OReilly one night and hearing him proclaim that America doesn't want Michael. How can he say such a thing? Ass opening!

I hope you are right, SoSo. I want a world tour. I want Michael to tour the US and prove all of those Murdoch minions wrong. I will never forget watching OReilly one night and hearing him proclaim that America doesn't want Michael. How can he say such a thing? Ass opening!

I'm just glad that the rumors about him bringing the tour here is getting alot of coverage. Because of this, it's stopped the haters from being able to argue that he's avoiding the US or it's only overseas he could've did this. It just sends the message that he's confident about his standing in the US.

Back