March 17 - It's all about the O2 shows!

mariemarie

Guests
Jackson mania gains momentum

London, Mar 16 : Erstwhile 'King of Pop' Michael Jackson, who is all set to make a return to stage with London 02 Arena concerts, has already stirred the world, with fans going ballistic over his much-anticipated comeback gigs.

The fact that the 'Heal The World' hitmaker will be belting out classic after classics at the concerts has made the Michael mania gain momentum, reports The Sun.

The introductory tracks belted out by him at the concert will be hits like 'Beat It' and 'Bad'.

Later, fans will be entertained with hits like 'Black Or White', 'You Rock My World', and 'Man In The Mirror'.

The final list for the gigs will also include the singer's new material, which is being released in conjunction with the first concert.

http://www.newkerala.com/nkfullnews-1-4538.html

Jackson could have sold out London 02 Arena for 2yrs

Washington, Mar 16 : London O2 Arena owners have revealed that Michael Jackson's comeback gig, which will take place in July, has gathered such an incredible response that the one-time pop king could have sold the venue for two years.
It has earlier been reported that the Michael mania has gained momentum, and more and more fans want to see his comeback gig.
Over a million fans bought tickets to the shows, with agents shifting an average of 33 seats per minute.

The AEG people, who convinced Michael to return to the limelight are, more than happy to see the reaction.​

"We never thought '50 shows' and frankly based on the queues on Ticketmaster, plus the 300,000 registrants we still haven't issued codes to, we could spend two years here," Contactmusic quoted Randy Phillips, head of AEG, as saying.​

"Mike (Michael Jackson) asked me how long he would be in the United Kingdom for and I told him, probably long enough to get a British passport. Michael's already pretty much put together a list of the dancers he wants. Michael's very engaged now," he added.​

Tanla to promote Michael Jackson's comeback tour via mobile

The much-awaited return of the ‘King of Pop’ Michael Jackson will see the mobile technology used by AEG Live to manage the presale registration process for concert ticket sales. AEG is a US-based firm that provides concert promotion, special event and tour services.​

Tanla Mobile, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hyderabad-based telecommunications software and services provider Tanla Solutions Ltd, has been selected as AEG Live’s partner to provide a mobile short code.
Tanla will also run a mobile direct response campaign that will allow fans to register for presale tickets for Jackson’s ‘This Is It’ tour in July at London’s O2 Arena, receive event updates and enter competitions.
Fans can also able to pre-register via web which Tanla was not involved in.​

The mobile campaign means fans can register their interest for tickets before they are put on sale by simply texting ‘MJ’ to 81707. Using Tanla’s Campaign Manager platform, PINs are then sent free to all those who register via mobile which can be used ahead of general on-sale date to get their tickets, the company stated in a press release on Tuesday.
The campaign went live when Jackson arrived in London and has already attracted global attention as the concerts are said by Jackson himself to be his last in the UK.​

"The return of Michael Jackson is huge news for his fans and the music industry alike. Initially announcing 10 dates, starting in July 2009, we anticipated that demand for tickets would be high. We looked to mobile as a way to ensure that real fans were given the opportunity to register their interest in tickets," said Amy Farrant, maketing manager of AEG Live.​

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1997 - The RIAA announced that the Eagles' "Greatest Hits" album had tied Michael Jackson's "Thriller" as the all-time best-selling album in the U.S.

2004 - Lisa Marie Presley clarified remarks she had made in an Australian TV interview. She said that she had never seen her ex-husband, Michael Jackson, engage in inappropriate behavior with kids.

2004 - An attorney filed an application asking the presiding judge of Los Angeles County Juvenile Court to begin proceedings to take Michael Jackson's children from him and place them under the court's jurisdiction.

039_30399michael-jackson-posters.jpg
window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();​
window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();

Michael has the X Factor

As he gears up for his ten-date residency at The O2 Arena in London, I hear that comeback king Michael Jackson is also planning another very special appearance – as a guest coach on The X Factor.​

Show presenter Dermot O’Leary, who introduced Michael, 50, at his press conference earlier this month, tells me the Bad singer is a big fan of talent shows.

“Michael loves The X Factor and also tunes in to American Idol,” an excited Dermot, 35, revealed.

Now, an insider on The X Factor has told me that production staff are bending over backwards to get Michael on board, despite his very specific requirements.

“Michael’s spoken to show bosses but has some strict conditions, one of which is that he won’t be cruel or negative to any of the contestants,” the source said. I still think it would be a Thriller to watch!

http://www.new-magazine.co.uk/licensetospill/view/7910/Michael-has-the-X-Factor/

“Michael’s spoken to show bosses but has some strict conditions, one of which is that he won’t be cruel or negative to any of the contestants,” the source said. I still think it would be a Thriller to watch!

Yep this sounds like Mike allright. lol

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1997 - The RIAA announced that the Eagles' "Greatest Hits" album had tied Michael Jackson's "Thriller" as the all-time best-selling album in the U.S.

I really don't believe that!!

"plus the 300,000 registrants we still haven't issued codes to"
i'm one of them:-(

The final list for the gigs will also include the singer's new material,
which is being released in conjunction with the first concert.
Thats so exciting! I cant wait to hear it! ^_^

And they may as well stop it with the "one time KOP" thing, he's still the KOP!!
Ya heard?! :D

Thought I'd mention this. I'm watching the View and the ladies had MJ's London "tour" as they called it, one of their hot topics today. All the ladies agreed that Michael is still a legend and no one could top him on the dance floor. Whoopi Goldberg even said she'd love to see him on stage, Sherry Shepherd agreed saying that "Michael is tops in my book."

Haven't watched their clips yet, but in case anyone is interested in checking it out. They post the hot topics on their website for people to view online. So if you want to see it for yourself, here you go! :D

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/index

Thought I'd mention this. I'm watching the View and the ladies had MJ's London "tour" as they called it, one of their hot topics today. All the ladies agreed that Michael is still a legend and no one could top him on the dance floor. Whoopi Goldberg even said she'd love to see him on stage, Sherry Shepherd agreed saying that "Michael is tops in my book."

Haven't watched their clips yet, but in case anyone is interested in checking it out. They post the hot topics on their website for people to view online. So if you want to see it for yourself, here you go! :D

hey...I can't find it on the site/link u gave me...
cud u plz help me out, i'd love to watch it :yes:

---

and thanks guyz for the news. but i unno about the X Factor, i mean...they are still saying '10-day residency' so I can't be sure on how accurate the other part of their news is :no:
though it'd be nice if it's true. ^_^

hey...I can't find it on the site/link u gave me...
cud u plz help me out, i'd love to watch it :yes:

Give it time, i just checked it out and the hot topics they have up are all still from yesterday, the show just aired about an hour ago, so I don't think they've had time to update the page yet :)

Where is the video on michael ?

On the previous page this same question was asked. They haven't updated the page yet, it's yesterdays hot topics still.

Thanks for the news and mentionings. :flowers:

Let the good news continue. :girl_sigh: Thanks for sharing this.

This was posted on MJFC board:

**The View is a popular TV program that airs in the US with 5 ladies sitting at a table discussing Hot Topics.

Today they discussed Michael Jackson selling out 50 concerts in London in 5 hours. They were amazed and a few of them even said they would go to the concert. Then they started discussing separating the personal life from their art.

After the Hot Topics segment, they brought out popular actor Gary Sinise (look him up). The ladies asked him if he would go and he said he would because MJ was acquitted and he has never seen MJ perform before and he is one of the best performers ever. The ladies agreed. He also said that he WOULD NOT go to an OJ Simpson football game though, if there were to be one which will not since OJ is in jail. One of the ladies brought up that OJ was acquitted too, but then Gary said it just depends how each person feels about him personally.

This was such great PR for MJ. Those ladies can be brutal in their opinions about some people. I was pleasantly surprised everything was so positive.

Simon Cowell Hints at Michael Jackson Appearance on American Idol

Speaking to EXTRA, in a segment which will air tomorrow, Simon Cowell of American Idol and X-Factor fame discussed the possibilities of Michael Jackson making a live appearance on American Idol before the end of this season. Each year, rumors surface of a possible Michael Jackson appearance on either American Idol or X-Factor. This year, both possibilities have already spread throughout the Internet and, with new concerts and music on the horizon, it seems more of a real possibility this year than any prior year. Last year, Cowell told BBC2 that every year the producers speak with Jackson's people in hopes that one year he actually will show up as a special guest. In a preview of the interview, Cowell tells EXTRA that "it would be stupid not to do it." However, since all 50 of Michael Jackson's upcoming concert dates sold out within hours after becoming available, it can hardly be argued that Michael Jackson needs the publicity as much as American Idol needs the ratings boost that such an appearance would bring if properly promoted (American Idol's ratings are down approximately 10% from last year, although still the dominant show on American television with 20-24 million viewers each episode).

Last week's Michael Jackson special on American Idol was a big success for the show and for Michael Jackson's catalog. American Idol received the most call-in votes for any top-12/top-13 show since the series began, while many of Michael Jackson's albums climbed towards the top of the Pop music sales charts on iTunes, Amazon, and elsewhere. Stay tuned, as more details about this speculation will be revealed tomorrow!

mjjr.net

**The View is a popular TV program that airs in the US with 5 ladies sitting at a table discussing Hot Topics.

Today they discussed Michael Jackson selling out 50 concerts in London in 5 hours. They were amazed and a few of them even said they would go to the concert. Then they started discussing separating the personal life from their art.

After the Hot Topics segment, they brought out popular actor Gary Sinise (look him up). The ladies asked him if he would go and he said he would because MJ was acquitted and he has never seen MJ perform before and he is one of the best performers ever. The ladies agreed. He also said that he WOULD NOT go to an OJ Simpson football game though, if there were to be one which will not since OJ is in jail. One of the ladies brought up that OJ was acquitted too, but then Gary said it just depends how each person feels about him personally.

This was such great PR for MJ. Those ladies can be brutal in their opinions about some people. I was pleasantly surprised everything was so positive.

that put him over the top here cus they used to hate MJ

Speaking to EXTRA, in a segment which will air tomorrow, Simon Cowell of American Idol and X-Factor fame discussed the possibilities of Michael Jackson making a live appearance on American Idol before the end of this season. Each year, rumors surface of a possible Michael Jackson appearance on either American Idol or X-Factor. This year, both possibilities have already spread throughout the Internet and, with new concerts and music on the horizon, it seems more of a real possibility this year than any prior year. Last year, Cowell told BBC2 that every year the producers speak with Jackson's people in hopes that one year he actually will show up as a special guest. In a preview of the interview, Cowell tells EXTRA that "it would be stupid not to do it." However, since all 50 of Michael Jackson's upcoming concert dates sold out within hours after becoming available, it can hardly be argued that Michael Jackson needs the publicity as much as American Idol needs the ratings boost that such an appearance would bring if properly promoted (American Idol's ratings are down approximately 10% from last year, although still the dominant show on American television with 20-24 million viewers each episode).

Last week's Michael Jackson special on American Idol was a big success for the show and for Michael Jackson's catalog. American Idol received the most call-in votes for any top-12/top-13 show since the series began, while many of Michael Jackson's albums climbed towards the top of the Pop music sales charts on iTunes, Amazon, and elsewhere. Stay tuned, as more details about this speculation will be revealed tomorrow!

mjjr.net

prob make an x factor appearance first.

it was good to see that... real good.. and I am very happy .. they were positive...

BUT...

if Michael had not sold out all 50 concerts in 5 hrs last Friday...........ummm??

say what you want about the promoters

BUT

they & Michael pulled a damn Coupe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the respect just got earned in 5hours..........on Friday the 13th...

I bet if 6 weeks ago if AEG had said.. they want to sell out 50 MJ concerts...I could count on one hand.. how many here would believe it...

Last edited:
Rasta , your right there, because i said when it was first being hinted at that Mike was definetly up to something and it wasnt small fry! it was HUGE! i said then, just you wait and see!! Even elusive who , got more respect from me in all the time i have been on this board was like flamed down by people saying no, its not gonna happen!!

Well i hate to say thius BUT!!

We told ya so!!:tease::tease::tease::tease::tease::tease::tease:

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

but i dont think anybody , and i really do mean this, could comprehend that he could come back to the live concert scene and also music scene as BIG as this!!

terry

^^^^^i don't think that was about not believing he was or wasn't going to do something...it was about believeing he had the ability to sell out like that.

mjjr.net

Whatever Simon. The only stupid thing is you, begging for Michael to come on your pathetic show now that you see he doesn't need you but that you sure as hell need him.

mjjr.net

UPDATE: Simon Cowell told EXTRA the following:

EXTRA: The King of Pop, Michael Jackson, on American Idol? There's a chance you may actually get him on the show?

Simon Cowell: Yeah. The best platform you could have in America right now is American Idol. He'd be actually stupid not to do it.

Back