Many People owe Akon Credit

christicehurst

Proud Member
When Michael normally works with someone, he sees talent in them and a idea to create with them. There were doubts about Akon producing the goods with the lead single and now today he's answered the harsh supporters here very nicely. We owe him alot of credit for producing a great song and you can there was plenty of L.O.V.E put into into.

The current world of music ins't quite bad as people point. I had good faith he would produce something good.

When Michael normally works with someone, he sees talent in them and a idea to create with them. There were doubts about Akon producing the goods with the lead single and now today he's answered the harsh supporters here very nicely. We owe him alot of credit for producing a great song and you can there was plenty of L.O.V.E put into into.

The current world of music ins't quite bad as people point. I had good faith he would produce something good.

Credit for what, he's talentless, it would sound better if it was Michael on his own but it still wouldn't be great because in all honesty it's not a great song and is certainly nowhere near the standard of a Michael Jackson release. Maybe it would do as a hidden track or something.

No offense christicehurst, but I don't think this thread was necessary. You're basically saying that, according to you, some people here were "wrong" in their opinion of Akon and that, since you love the final version of 'Hold My Hand', those people need to own up and give him credit. Thing is, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and the ones that don't share your opinion will not like you trying to make them "correct their mistake".

I vote for closing this thread.

Credit for what, he's talentless, it would sound better if it was Michael on his own but it still wouldn't be great because in all honesty it's not a great song and is certainly nowhere near the standard of a Michael Jackson release. Maybe it would do as a hidden track or something.

I am absolutely disgusted by your statement, I think Michaels words flew over your head,
second, I do not think Akon is talentless if he was, Michael would never had reached out to him first, second Akon made a lot of hits, I am actuilly disappointed and sad that they didnt work on more songs,
In all honesty is not a great song ?

Did you seriously just say that, I do not know what you call a great song,
and I certainly do not hope you become a music critic, cause your not in tune with the rest of the world.

Here is the latest TMZ Polling for Hold My Hand

"Hold My Hand"

* 80%10
* 12%8
* 8%5

Total Votes: 84,093

I would absolutely be terrified if you had to judge an album
80 percent of 84 thousand people said it was a great song,
I am happy that i got the same taste as many people in the world.

No offense christicehurst, but I don't think this thread was necessary. You're basically saying that, according to you, some people here were "wrong" in their opinion of Akon and that, since you love the final version of 'Hold My Hand', those people need to own up and give him credit. Thing is, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and the ones that don't share your opinion will not like you trying to make them "correct their mistake".

I vote for closing this thread.

I do not know about that, but let me get this straight Akon is a hit maker inspired by
Michael Jackson,
and this song is gonna be a hit, thats all i have to say,
If other people do not have the same taste as the majority of the world
I feel bad for them but thats it, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

akon IS talented, i dont really like his music or his voice, but hes a great producer and I actually think he sounds good on HMH, plus Michael wouldnt have worked with him if he was talentless.
And for the record I think the final cut of HMH is one of the best songs to be released in YEARS, its epic and its an anthem and i hope it hits #1 all round the world.
My favourite part is at 2.42 when Michael sings "nothing can come between us", i love Michaels voice at that part.

Just because you don't agree doesn't mean that the thread needs to be closed, come on now :p

I never liked Akon, still don't. I still think he can't sing, and I still can't stand his songs. But I admit whole heartedly that he did an *excellent* job putting the finishing touches on Hold My Hand in a way that I think Michael would have appreciated. He did a good job.

He did a great job and has a big heart , he loved Michael ! this song is incredable , give it up for AKON :)

I would rather akon did three more tracks with mike that could go on the album, rather than the cascio tracks.............HMH is quality

I've never liked Akon's music or his voice but I must admit that he did an admirable job on Hold My Hand. The guy actually sounds tolerable on the track and he did a beautiful job putting the finishing touches on it. The final version of HMH is definitely something that Michael himself would have approved. :)

I respect AKON very much for the work he did on HMH
Ive alays loved the song from the Demo that leaked only
wanting Michael to have more lead and Akon did that for
us in the finished production . He brought us our Michael

Their voices compliment each other so much in this song and MJ
wouldnt have worked on that song with Akon unless he felt he had talent.

The first thing I did last night after going crazy and celebration over
Michael and the song was reach out to AKON on his Twitter and thank
him for the beautiful work his did producing that song .

I know MJ woud be proud

I agree with Driver, Akon is the Man.
Let's not forget that he released this IMO beautiful song - "Cry out of Joy":

Wow, i've never seen this video. I saw several tribute videos, but this one is among the best. The lyrics are very good and on point, definitely gave me the chills at some parts.

Akon is a good dude, that video where he gets angry at the interviewer for asking stupid questions about MJ is very good, something like that you can only apreciate that. I was discussing this with a friend of mine, but imagine MJ giving interviews and Akon next to him...and each time the interviewer asks a ridiculous question that it totally irrelevant, Akon would take it from there and 'warn' him :). Cause MJ was too humble..he'd simply say 'That's not nice, you shouldn't ask such questions...etc' even to the MF'ers out there, he remained humble.

I'm not a fan of Akon's music but I do have respect for him. From what I've been hearing, Michael seemed proud of the work they did together. I believe Akon did with the song what he truly believed Michael would have wanted. He's only spoke true, kind words about Michael and wrote a beautiful tribute song for him as well. For all of this, he's gained my respect.

Just because you don't agree doesn't mean that the thread needs to be closed, come on now :p

I never liked Akon, still don't. I still think he can't sing, and I still can't stand his songs. But I admit whole heartedly that he did an *excellent* job putting the finishing touches on Hold My Hand in a way that I think Michael would have appreciated. He did a good job.
Oh, but I do agree with the original poster's opinion of the song. I have absolutely nothing against Akon and I think he did an amazing job with 'Hold My Hand'. I can't stop listening to it :)

I was just pointing out that some people might not like being being told they "owe Akon credit". And that threads like this can bring out a certain side of some people that, in all fairness, we've already seen way too much of in the past week and a half. But hey, maybe I jumped the gun a bit on this one, as it seems to be doing fine.

Personally, I always thought Akon's remix of WBSS is what stopped the remix portion of Thriller 25 from being a collective failure. I enjoyed will's mix of The Girl Is Mine, but the others just were not happening for me. However, I thought Akon's was the only mix to really be more than just a club banger, but an actual well-produced and catchy remix.

I don't like his music but I respect him as a person because he respects Michael end of the story.

All my respect to AKON.

He has been nothing but great towards MJ.

I don't know if you guys ever fully listened to his albums, but on his albums he got several songs that are rather good, well...in my opinion. Just want to say, if your opinion on him is based on the singles of the albums, then please do check out some other songs.

I don't know if you guys ever fully listened to his albums, but on his albums he got several songs that are rather good, well...in my opinion. Just want to say, if your opinion on him is based on the singles of the albums, then please do check out some other songs.

Sunny Day comes to mind.

I'm not a fan of Akon's music but I do have respect for him. From what I've been hearing, Michael seemed proud of the work they did together. I believe Akon did with the song what he truly believed Michael would have wanted. He's only spoke true, kind words about Michael and wrote a beautiful tribute song for him as well. For all of this, he's gained my respect.

I agree. Akon has my respect as well.

Lots of respect for Akon....He did Michael proud...Thanks Akon! :heart:

Sunny Day comes to mind.

I have to admit i have yet to hear this latest album, i especially meant 'Konvicted' and his first album.

I bet definitely a few people here have never heard these songs, personally i find them really good. MJ must have thinked the same, when deciding to work with him :)

[youtube]0gI8ypOeWLg[/youtube]

[youtube]EbzxQQzWg50[/youtube]

[youtube]fO5-PatoA8k[/youtube]

[youtube]LLVzrG0JpNY[/youtube]

[youtube]qPs9n9JhEJY[/youtube]

[youtube]Utz5hr4mt14[/youtube]

[youtube]ynMk2EwRi4Q[/youtube]

[youtube]14PgWitIbSk[/youtube]

[youtube]Hg31NpBlxH8[/youtube]

Back