Mandalay bay to host 'permanent' michael jackson site

Karen Faye doesn't support anything it seems. Michael was a fan of cirque de soleil and I am sure he would have been happy they are doing something for him and his music. Cirque de soleil seems very popular. I wonder what video was held back from This is It that they will use here.

So what if jackie is there and his tshirt line going to be selling at the venue?
He is Mj brother and the family should be working with the estate to preserve MJ legacy, all the fighting and backstabbing are to be stop and they work as one.
I am happy jackie will be there to sell his line of J5 T-shirt and not an outsider doing it. Ok can we be happy know and start to make plan to be in LV we can start pulling out the piggie bank and throwing those extra shoe and hand bag money in it.
So who is making plans?

Like you I do not mind Jackie being a part of it. He is one of the J5 that I find OK. Let him do his clothing line if he wants too, because I am sure if it is connected to the venue the Estate will be getting a piece of the proceeds too.

About the piggy bank--mine is empty, but I already have the ticket to the show and the airline ticket for Vegas. The only problem is the hotel and I want to stay at the Four Seasons, so that piggy bank better start to fill up pretty soon!!!!

Sounds like it's gonna be FABULOUS!

:clapping::D:clapping:

I can't wait to see this! It sounds incredible. I'll def. see the tour and go to Vegas for the permanent show. Both are going to be out of this world, and I am SURE Michael would be very very happy about it.

marc_vivien;3370744 said:

Thanks for posting!

JB: I think so. I think that because of the many conversations I’d had with him over the years. It wasn’t so much that he spoke about his own immortality, but he spoke about his legacy. I met with Michael the week before he passed away, and we had an agenda to go over about future affairs. A couple of months before, he had said through his manager Frank DiLeo that he wanted me to start thinking things, ideas, so when I came into that meeting, I had an agenda with a lot of ideas. I left knowing which ones Michael wanted, and so what we have done is what he wanted anyway.
The other thing is that John McClain had said to me, if we went to Michael and said let’s put out a film of your rehearsal footage, he would have said, “Are you of your mind?” Michael was a perfectionist, so purely rehearsal footage would have been a no. But if we’d said to him, ‘Michael they’re gonna pay you X amount of money, and it’s going to be the most successful concert film ever, and the album will go to No. 1, and it’s going to outsell Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber combined, what do you think then? He would have instantly said, “Where do I sign?”

RL: This meeting that you had a week before he passed. Was it in any way a premonition, or in getting ready to fly to London for an extended stay with This Is It, was it just being protective and the normal case of keeping one’s life in order?

JB: I had not been working with Michael since 2006. I had resigned. But in 2009, he signed up for the This Is It concert tour. I said to myself humbly, “I’m not sure that there’s anybody else that can help Michael achieve what he wants to achieve. Not artistically, because he was the master with that, but business-wise. I called the AEG people and his manager to simply let Michael know if he wanted any help and had the interest, I’m here for him.
I got the calls back, and they said Michael wants you to implement a plan. So over the course of a couple of months, we gave it a lot of thought, and I was ready to meet him on the Wednesday -- never thinking for a moment he would be dead that weekend. It was far more about helping him have a plan from the concerts. The timing was totally coincidental … it was not a premonition. Those outlines, however, became our blueprint for protecting and ensuring his legacy. It’s what he wanted to do anyway.

I got the calls back, and they said Michael wants you to implement a plan. So over the course of a couple of months, we gave it a lot of thought, and I was ready to meet him on the Wednesday -- never thinking for a moment he would be dead that weekend. It was far more about helping him have a plan from the concerts. The timing was totally coincidental … it was not a premonition. Those outlines, however, became our blueprint for protecting and ensuring his legacy. It’s what he wanted to do anyway.

Excerpt interesting.

Thanks for the interview with Branca. Branca is a smart and intelligent man. I am really happy that he is responsible for the Estate.

JACKIE JACKSON, MANDALAY BAY HEAD DISCUSS MICHAEL JACKSON PLANS
Posted May 3, 2011 • 1:29 p.m.

Michael Jackson’s older brother Jackie Jackson is convinced that the late King of Pop is fully supportive of all the Cirque du Soleil show developments and the two productions set for Mandalay Bay starting in December. “He’s definitely watching over this. He’s going to be alive in everybody’s minds for all the years to come now. He lives on,” Jackie said.
“Michael would have loved what’s going on now for his legacy. He always loved the business and the entertainment all his life. He loved the flash. He loved Las Vegas. He loved Cirque and saw every Cirque show they produced.
“I still remember the very first Cirque that came out. He called and told me, ‘Jackie, you’ve got to see this show.’ And he flew me out, and we saw the show together and from then on he saw every show. He loved Guy (Laliberte), the Cirque founder, and the whole Cirque show family. He loved them, so he really wanted to be a part of them. … He’s a part of it right now with these shows. It all fulfills his own dreams, and I believe he knows all about this and would be very proud and happy with it.”
Jackie told me that the first Michael Jackson: Immortal show that arrives at Mandalay Bay on Dec. 3 is a traveling rock concert spectacular. “The second show will be permanently housed at Mandalay Bay. They will be completely different in the way they look and feel, even though Michael’s songs will be the same.

“Obviously, because people want the hits in both. I can’t get into the other show right now because there’s going to be surprises about it, and I don’t want to give anything away. All kinds of things will be going on with the permanent show and the memorabilia zone.”
His line of leather jackets from Michael’s own designs will be launched in about five weeks on Amazon and will be among items for sale in the Michael Jackson Zone to be opened at Mandalay Bay.
Mandalay Bay President Chuck Bowling is the executive who has to reconfigure his hotel gaming floor for the Michael Jackson invasion.
“We have a reputation around the world for providing the best in dining, the best in nightlife and for many, many years have provided the highest quality of entertainment. Our sister MGM resort hotels are homes to the most successful entertainment brands in the world largely due to our partnership with the creative geniuses at Cirque De Soleil. We are ready for this. We are confident of its success, and we know Michael Jackson will be at Mandalay forever.

“This relationship started back in 1992 with a tent show behind the Mirage. But since then, the Las Vegas Cirque shows have attracted millions of people from around the world annually and have set every imaginable record for attendance in longevity. The shows know no boundaries, they appeal to people from all walks of life, language is not a barrier, home country is not a factor.
“Simply put, there’s a Cirque show for every kind of fan. In recent years, Cirque has partnered with such powerful bands as The Beatles and Elvis Presley, and that left only one other … who could join this extraordinary group -- Michael Jackson!
“We’re honored that the relationship here at Mandalay Bay will ensure it is home for all things Michael Jackson. … Michael stood in a category all his own. Over his lifetime, he achieved and sustained a level of success that transcended any one genre or any one audience. Michael is an international icon renowned for his music, his dance, his mystique and his style.
“The world lost an extraordinary entertainer, but through the eyes of the creative geniuses at Cirque De Soleil, Michael will now live on in many new ways, for new audiences for years to come. That’s a wonderful gift to us all. We look forward to welcoming the world here in the coming months and years to enjoy experiences unlike anything Las Vegas has seen before.”

And the incredible logistics involved? Cirque will keep the 1,800-seat Lion King Theater when they move in Dec. 31, but everything else changes. “We’ve begun thinking about the process of putting all three elements together: theater, interactive space, the MJ Zone with the ultra lounge and retail. The logistics of it are still in design. … We’ll clearly create an amazing experience inside of the showroom that we’re starting to define now.
“So far, we have not developed a firm budget -- not even really a tentative budget. We’ve got ideas in the background, but it wouldn’t be accurate to quote you anything, but we’re working on that. Certainly multi-, multi-million dollars. We’re only going to do the right thing, like Cirque and MGM resorts have always done: always first class. Add the Michael Jackson element, it can only be one thing, which is top-of-the-line first class.
“We are very excited about all the Michael Jackson elements that will elevate the total brand of Mandalay Bay. We know it will further our entertainment footprint not only in Las Vegas but also all over the world. This is an important message that Las Vegas is more than alive and well. … This will bring hope.”
Vegas DeLuxe tomorrow continues the interviews with the Cirque and MGM executives planning the two shows with a sit-down with writer, director and choreographer Jamie King and his status with the touring Immortal. On Thursday, it’s a wrap with Cirque President Daniel Lamarre.
Robin Leach has been a journalist for more than 50 years and has spent the past decade giving readers the inside scoop on Las Vegas, the world’s premier platinum playground.

http://www.vegasdeluxe.com/blogs/lu...-jackson-mandalay-bay-president-discuss-mich/

marc_vivien;3372109 said:
JACKIE JACKSON, MANDALAY BAY HEAD DISCUSS MICHAEL JACKSON PLANS
Posted May 3, 2011 • 1:29 p.m.

Michael Jackson’s older brother Jackie Jackson is convinced that the late King of Pop is fully supportive of all the Cirque du Soleil show developments and the two productions set for Mandalay Bay starting in December. “He’s definitely watching over this. He’s going to be alive in everybody’s minds for all the years to come now. He lives on,” Jackie said.
“Michael would have loved what’s going on now for his legacy. He always loved the business and the entertainment all his life. He loved the flash. He loved Las Vegas. He loved Cirque and saw every Cirque show they produced.
“I still remember the very first Cirque that came out. He called and told me, ‘Jackie, you’ve got to see this show.’ And he flew me out, and we saw the show together and from then on he saw every show. He loved Guy (Laliberte), the Cirque founder, and the whole Cirque show family. He loved them, so he really wanted to be a part of them. … He’s a part of it right now with these shows. It all fulfills his own dreams, and I believe he knows all about this and would be very proud and happy with it.”
Jackie told me that the first Michael Jackson: Immortal show that arrives at Mandalay Bay on Dec. 3 is a traveling rock concert spectacular. “The second show will be permanently housed at Mandalay Bay. They will be completely different in the way they look and feel, even though Michael’s songs will be the same.

“Obviously, because people want the hits in both. I can’t get into the other show right now because there’s going to be surprises about it, and I don’t want to give anything away. All kinds of things will be going on with the permanent show and the memorabilia zone.”
His line of leather jackets from Michael’s own designs will be launched in about five weeks on Amazon and will be among items for sale in the Michael Jackson Zone to be opened at Mandalay Bay.
Mandalay Bay President Chuck Bowling is the executive who has to reconfigure his hotel gaming floor for the Michael Jackson invasion.
“We have a reputation around the world for providing the best in dining, the best in nightlife and for many, many years have provided the highest quality of entertainment. Our sister MGM resort hotels are homes to the most successful entertainment brands in the world largely due to our partnership with the creative geniuses at Cirque De Soleil. We are ready for this. We are confident of its success, and we know Michael Jackson will be at Mandalay forever.

“This relationship started back in 1992 with a tent show behind the Mirage. But since then, the Las Vegas Cirque shows have attracted millions of people from around the world annually and have set every imaginable record for attendance in longevity. The shows know no boundaries, they appeal to people from all walks of life, language is not a barrier, home country is not a factor.
“Simply put, there’s a Cirque show for every kind of fan. In recent years, Cirque has partnered with such powerful bands as The Beatles and Elvis Presley, and that left only one other … who could join this extraordinary group -- Michael Jackson!
“We’re honored that the relationship here at Mandalay Bay will ensure it is home for all things Michael Jackson. … Michael stood in a category all his own. Over his lifetime, he achieved and sustained a level of success that transcended any one genre or any one audience. Michael is an international icon renowned for his music, his dance, his mystique and his style.
“The world lost an extraordinary entertainer, but through the eyes of the creative geniuses at Cirque De Soleil, Michael will now live on in many new ways, for new audiences for years to come. That’s a wonderful gift to us all. We look forward to welcoming the world here in the coming months and years to enjoy experiences unlike anything Las Vegas has seen before.”

And the incredible logistics involved? Cirque will keep the 1,800-seat Lion King Theater when they move in Dec. 31, but everything else changes. “We’ve begun thinking about the process of putting all three elements together: theater, interactive space, the MJ Zone with the ultra lounge and retail. The logistics of it are still in design. … We’ll clearly create an amazing experience inside of the showroom that we’re starting to define now.
“So far, we have not developed a firm budget -- not even really a tentative budget. We’ve got ideas in the background, but it wouldn’t be accurate to quote you anything, but we’re working on that. Certainly multi-, multi-million dollars. We’re only going to do the right thing, like Cirque and MGM resorts have always done: always first class. Add the Michael Jackson element, it can only be one thing, which is top-of-the-line first class.
“We are very excited about all the Michael Jackson elements that will elevate the total brand of Mandalay Bay. We know it will further our entertainment footprint not only in Las Vegas but also all over the world. This is an important message that Las Vegas is more than alive and well. … This will bring hope.”
Vegas DeLuxe tomorrow continues the interviews with the Cirque and MGM executives planning the two shows with a sit-down with writer, director and choreographer Jamie King and his status with the touring Immortal. On Thursday, it’s a wrap with Cirque President Daniel Lamarre.
Robin Leach has been a journalist for more than 50 years and has spent the past decade giving readers the inside scoop on Las Vegas, the world’s premier platinum playground.

http://www.vegasdeluxe.com/blogs/lu...-jackson-mandalay-bay-president-discuss-mich/

:wild:

Thanks for posting!

I like Jackie.

I totally agree with Jackie's words about how Michael would like the show. Thanks for posting.

Where is Randy Jackson? he's been awfully quiet.. what does he think of the cirque show?

^^He has been quiet about Alejandra's outbursts also, but maybe now that you ask, he will start tweeting about the show.

http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4578:jackie-talks-about-mj-and-cirque&catid=85:latest-news&Itemid=82
(4-5-2011) Oldest Jackson brother, Jackie is convinced that his brother Michael would be very happy and fully supportive of all the Cirque du Soleil show developments and the two productions set for Mandalay Bay starting in December. “He’s definitely watching over this. He’s going to be alive in everybody’s minds for all the years to come now. He lives on,” Jackie said.

He went on to say:

Speaking to Robin Leach, Jackie told the Vegas Sun that the first Michael Jackson: Immortal show that arrives at Mandalay Bay on Dec. 3 is like a traveling rock concert spectacular.
“The second show will be permanently housed at Mandalay Bay. They will be completely different in the way they look and feel, even though Michael’s songs will be the same.

Jackie has a new line of leather jackets inspired by his brother that will be launched on Amazon in about five weeks. The jackets will be among items for sale in the Michael Jackson Zone to be opened at Mandalay Bay.

Mandalay Bay President Chuck Bowling is the man in charge of reconfiguring the hotel gaming floor for the coming Michael Jackson invasion. Here's what he had to say about the project.

What are the incredible logistics involved in turning the Mandalay Bay into MJ central? Well, the Cirque will keep the 1,800-seat Lion King Theater when they move out on Dec. 31, but everything else will change!
“We’ve begun thinking about the process of putting all three elements together: theater, interactive space, the MJ Zone with the ultra lounge and retail. The logistics of it are still in design. … We’ll clearly create an amazing experience inside of the showroom that we’re starting to define now.

Source: MJFC / lasvegassun.com

Re: MICHAEL JACKSON CELEBRATED IN LAS VEGAS_ The Estate of Michael Jackson confirm plans

Directly in front of the stage was a plexiglass case with Michael's fedora and sequined glove on display. A simple but very moving tribute. I'll report in here if I become aware of any other developments in regards to the show.

Looking forward to your updates...:jump:

Like you I do not mind Jackie being a part of it. He is one of the J5 that I find OK. Let him do his clothing line if he wants too, because I am sure if it is connected to the venue the Estate will be getting a piece of the proceeds too.

About the piggy bank--mine is empty, but I already have the ticket to the show and the airline ticket for Vegas. The only problem is the hotel and I want to stay at the Four Seasons, so that piggy bank better start to fill up pretty soon!!!!

I also don't mind what Jackie is doing. He was a member of the J5 so I'm good with it.

As for the piggy bank, I'm still waiting for mine to fill up...:) Would LOVE to see the show!!!!...:jump:

McClain isn't in that picture. He doesn't attend any public event and it has been that way long before Michael's death.

I noticed that too. It's almost impossible to find out anything about him online other than production work he has done over the years for people such as Janet Jackson. Can't even find a picture of what he looks like. :scratch:

And Karen Faye tweets: Karen Faye
On Friday 29th April 2011, @wingheart said:
Michael's vision was a museum, not a tourist trap. More like the Louvre, not like a casino. It makes me sad that all his visions are being turned into cheap trinkets and replicas.

Not quite sure what Karen is talking about here. I get what she is saying in a general sense but Cirque can hardly be concidered a "tourist trap." Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr certainly don't think so. They were 100% for Cirque creating a show around Beatles music and it has been very successful. I'm very excited about the show they are planning around Michael's music and I'm looking forward to seeing it. (Hopefully I get the chance!!) Michael loved Cirque and I'm sure he would have been very excited about the show they have planned. As for working in Las Vegas, I think we all know that Michael had interviewed Celine Dion about her L.V. show and if it would be feasible for him to do something similar. Certainly there were a lot of pluses in it for him such as no travel worries and minimal time away from his kids. If only he had the chance...:(

Back